2011.06.21 TRIAL Day Twenty-four (Morning Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So many semantics in this case, it drives me crazy.

JA's question can be construed to mean an exact date. Dr. Bock is giving an estimate based on the date the recovery took place.

Dr. Bock's opinion is that she is giving an opinion based on a general range, JA wants her to testify that she won't give a specific date.

Okay this is good. JA has done a wonderful job of patiently leading up to completely impeaching her. She is now looking Foolish (and if you don't know me, I don 't make those kind of judgements often) JMHO Completely foolish.

Good Morning! I've been reading here since August of 2008, but only just recently made an actual account.

My opinion of Casey not being able to look at the skull photos of little Caylee has more to do with her not being able to face her dirty work....not because she is a grieving mother.
You'll find lots of views on that on various threads here.:welcome:

Wow. Ashton is good. He just got this expert to say it's possible body there 2 weeks but ALSO possible there much longer
by amandaoberwesh via twitter at 9:25 AM

Bock now says it's possible remains were placed there 2 weeks before discovery. It's also possibly there longer. #CaseyAnthony -jfell
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 9:25 AM

I'm late coming into this today, but all I can say about this witness is WOW! In my opinion she's being so evasive because she is just plain lying!

She reminds me of conversations I've had with my Mom, you just can't win whether or not you are right!:floorlaugh:

JA w/Dr Bock -

agree with left side of photo has considerable more amount of leaf litter than right side @ that time....people trampling around, wind action, animals, and the nature of the trees themselves - just as root growth and leaf fall depends upon the type of plant it was....evergreens constantly shed a few leaves at a time....other plants just drop leaves in the fall....important to compare same spot to same spot - where was the skull? to the best of her understanding - she was told by someone who was not actually there @ site....Mr McKenna visited the scene with others the week before with LKB and other forensic people were there with him so she suspects they were correct....she points out an area she was shown....

Dr Bock not prepared to render any opinion when Caylee's body was left @ the scene...she thought she had rendered one.....not prepared to render opinion as to when the body was placed....NO! I did render an opinion when remains were left there - a couple of weeks before...

during depo in ....render an opinion in this case ......she answered NO.....if she said it she meant it however it was tendered.....allows her to read the context of her depo.....

she reads..they were discussing Greely Colorado @ the time...she knows why she said that....answered No in February but yes today....she doesn't know exactly when it was placed there but best guess was given today....a minimum of 2 weeks not a maximum of 2 weeks...not opinion body had been there 2 weeks only - It's possible , but longer than two weeks? Yes

Dr. Bock is done. JA got her to admit the body could have been there longer than two weeks.

Done.

AmandaOberWESH Amanda Ober
#CaseyAnthony Wow. Ashton is good. He just got this expert to say it's possible body there 2 weeks but ALSO possible there much longer

OMG she looks like such a liar. She finally had to admit it could have been there alot longer but she definitely looks like a liar and someone not to be believed.

KC giving big round pissy sidwise eyes toward JB. Really not happy with the way JB neutralized this witness.

prosec gets botanist to admit its possible remains were there "a great deal longer" than 2 weeks
by abcashleigh via twitter at 9:25 AM

Those of you doing the HP references.....you are cracking me up! The dogs are looking at me like I've lost it, which I probably have! Thanks for the laughs!:floorlaugh:

OK, JA finally got her to say what she actually meant the entire time. Don't these witnesses realize they lose their credibility when they dig their heels in and refuse to state the obvious? I don't know about the jury but it is just frustrating to watch that and it makes the witness look like a complete sellout to the DT.

Did anyone count how many times Bock turned to the defense in a desperate look of "help me out here" while being questioned by JA?

This is a cute little lady with a whole lot of nothing that makes any sense. Bless her heart, she tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ewpcg77