2011.06.22 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-five)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I listened to the exchange between HHJP and JB concerning the hard drive evidence JB was claiming was "new". Bill S. and a lot of posters are suggesting that since the DT didn't examine the hard drive and those dates ,in particular ,that ICA will have grounds for ineffective counsel.
At about 7:08 in this video HHJP question JB about his computer expert "regurgitating"info from those important dates (July 15-17,2008)
JB says "Yes Sir" .To me ,that means the DT DID look at that info. What am I missing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0T5n3WUA9xs

YouTube - ‪Casey Anthony: Murder Trial - Part 5 - 6/21/11‬‏

The defense has a computer expert, and LKB was quite vocal about it on one of the TH shows last night. They've looked at June 16th. JB popped off in his OS and first said it happened early in the morning, then maybe after lunch, then said the exact time wasn't known. His whining about the "new" evidence was a poor attempt to establish a record that the State could get in new evidence at the last minute but he could not. Fortunately, HHJP was wise enough to see through his nonsense and pointed out the evidence wasn't new. It just made JB look dumb, as usual.

me to,but what a great read!

thanks for the read but that information is all in her depo. What Diane didn't ask her is why she was writing letters to ICA in jail and putting money in her commissary. Wonder why?

I just got back from hospital: thought I had blood clot, was Baker's Cyst. Phew!

Anyway, I missed everything today, could someone PLEASE sum it up for me??

Can't sit at computer more than a few minutes.

Thanks ahead of time! :)

The defense has a computer expert, and LKB was quite vocal about it on one of the TH shows last night. They've looked at June 16th. JB popped off in his OS and first said it happened early in the morning, then maybe after lunch, then said the exact time wasn't known. His whining about the "new" evidence was a poor attempt to establish a record that the State could get in new evidence at the last minute but he could not. Fortunately, HHJP was wise enough to see through his nonsense and pointed out the evidence wasn't new. It just made JB look dumb, as usual.

LKB needs to get up to speed - the word is "had" - Baez admitted in court that he had released him. And there is no way of knowing if the computer expert even looked at the important dates and given the information to Baez.

Cause if he had Baez would not have come up with the goofy drowning scenario - when the IM's and the computer use proves ICA was quite chipper that day.

Maybe the computer expert was just there to set up Baez's computers so his attorney's could view the disks of evidence like the autopsy etc that the SA sent. Remember earlier on when Baez said some members of his team were "computer challenged?" Edit note to add comment was from Mr. Flip Chart coloured pens himself...sigh.

JA had asked her if the results she took were meaningless because they couldn't determine anything one way or the other. JB then gets up there and decides to be a modsnip and asks, "What other meaningless work do you do for the FBI?". Like saying a test result is meaningless is the same thing as saying the work you do is meaningless.

He's a real jerk, ihmo.

P.S. That's me talking, not the "mock juror". The "mock juror" is convinced that personalities should not matter in this trial. I, on the other hand, would often like to strangle Mr. Baez. ;)

What was JB thinking? Did he think that he was going to get a few laughs asking her this?

I needed some cheering up... so I'm rewatching Dr. Vass' testimony. man he makes me smile :) despite the subject he's talking about...

Personally I dont give a care what KC wears, what she does ( tho is a window into her soul at times), I dont care what Defense (in this case) suggests or professes,,ALL cases come down to the evidence..whether Direct or circumstantial..

This whole case is based on a missing and dead 2 1/2 year child who has been proven dead, who is found in a proverbial garbage dump just blocks from her mother's home. KC is the LAST ONE to be seen with Caylee and both grandparents have proof of working afternoon of June 16th 2008..Decomp has been detected in both specific area in Backyard, and KC's trunk, Dump site is well know to KC, then of course KC was observed partying for 31 dayz and never reported missing status of Caylee..even tho many asked for her or her well being...Grandparents had NO reason to dump Caylee, tho many reasons to cover for their daughter..thus cleanings..

The Big thing is..No One would have known one thing about this IF CINDY HAD NOT MADE THAT PHONE CALL!!! So as much as I deplore some of their behaviors..I just cant bash them entirely!!

NO One else would have or could have done this to Caylee and the DT know it..they are grasping at straws..and dragging many innocents under the BUS with KC and running with KC's lies..I am disgusted 100% for what JB is doing and I am disappointed with CM allowing it to happen :loser:

Apologize..Just had to vent :truce:

Yes you did. Mr rudie pants did ask that today.
He was trying off throw what JA had did on cross. Pretty much JA made out what ever they examined (don't remember) was meaningless, but I believe the DT had them examine it.

Here's what it was. The witness tested Caylee's hair for chloroform (and other drugs) and didn't find any. Under JA's questioning, she explained that this does not necessarily mean that chloroform was present, because it doesn't always show up on the tests. When controlled tests have been done - when someone was given a known amount of chloroform, and the hair tested later - sometimes it still didn't show up. She also agreed that if the drug was given close to the time of death, it would not appear in the hair.

So, Ashton concluded, the result of this test - chloroform not appearing - is basically meaningless. It doesn't meant that chloroform is not there. She agreed.

Then JB came back with the question about "what other meaningless work do you do?" Unbelievable. Just rude!

Just because you get a negative result, or one that doesn't give you info, doesn't mean the test was meaningless or shouldn't have been done. If the test had been positive for the presence of drugs, we'd have a whole new story here!

Tink

This is fantastic. I cannot believe the part where the prosecutor says, "Did you think we wouldn't notice? Did you think we would not tell the jury how every time they left the room you began to smile and chit chat?" Mirrors Casey....

Talking about fireworks! I didn't know the prosecution was allowed to cross like this!

I'll be selfish and completely admit that other than a conviction in this case, seeing Casey squirm like that would be the icing on the cake!

I just got back from hospital: thought I had blood clot, was Baker's Cyst. Phew!

Anyway, I missed everything today, could someone PLEASE sum it up for me??

Thanks ahead of time! :)

Ack, those are painful.
Sure - three FBI witnesses - and nothing. A waste of time.

Seriously, reading one of the news reports really will tell you everything. The only thing that raised my eyebrows was that the FBI person said the tape from the crime scene did not match any rolls found in the Anthony home.
Uh-huh - but we heard no mention of whether or not it was the same as was on George's gas cans or the wftv pic of Caylee's missing posters. Quite sure JA is saving that reminder for rebuttal.

Last night on either JVM or LP LKB was on the show. She made the comment that everyone was concentrated on the clothes that were found, but has anyone paid attention to clothing that was missing? Did anyone see this and does anyone have a clue what she was referring to. I know JB made a point that the shorts CA had on in the picture did not fit her anymore, but were these found at the recovery site?
tia

I believe she was referring to Caylee's shoes.

the seats are assigned.

they can find her guilty of many lessor charges including second degree murder, felony murder one and many variations of manslaughter

BBM Baez would call that iornic.

Thanks! - I've been wondering about those things.

bobkealing bob kealing
Did not see“@p37361: @bobkealing @JimLichtenstein Jjuror made gun gesture at baez during sidebar. Is that true? #caseyAnthony @InSession”
4 minutes ago

Sorry not sure how to post tweets. Anyone see this?

I was just watching the Jason Young trial, and a fellow poster posted this link to a cross examination of a defendant from a few years back.. after watching, I just can't stand the thought of the defense NOT putting Casey on the stand!

Can you place JA or LDB in this prosecutors shoes?
http://www.clicker.com/tv/48-hours/the-cross-examination-904956/

Oh My Lord. That Prosecutor has me sweating...she is AWESOME! I love when a really smart person has a Southern accent like that....she was so common sense & intimidating. Holly Hunter would play her in the movie. LOL
There is NO WAY, imo, that ICA would ever do as well as the Defendant featured in that clip, btw. NO WAY ICA wouldn't lose her temper, imo.

I am starting to think it was on purpose that their was no COD listed yet a homicide listed.

I think they wanted a door left open in case they found out what killed her.

To clarify: COD=cause of death, a medical "why" it happened
easy definition: http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/cause+of+death

MOD=manner of death, the "how" it happened
easy definition: http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/manner+of+death

The decision to list COD as "Homicide by undetermined means" clearly reflexts that NO DEFINITIVE medical determination was made but that the OUTCOME of the homicide (death at the hands of another) upon this child was death, the medical determination of the cessation of viability.

http://blogs.discovery.com/files/caylee_anthony_autopsy01.pdf

I was out for several hours today and missed all of the court proceedings. I haven't had a chance to read the trial thread and wondered if there was anything of major significance this morning. I thought court was in session until 1:00 but found out that they recessed for the day at noon. Thanks for any capsule coverage you can offer :)

From the In Session Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/InSession

"Casey Anthony speaks with her attorney Jose Baez on day 25 of her murder trial at the Orange County Courthouse in Orlando, FL on Wednesday, June 22, 2011."

Photos by Red Huber, Orlando Sentinel: http://twitter.com/#!/RedHuber

267623_230112860350675_108868112475151_870718_4448864_n.jpg

269932_230117107016917_108868112475151_870809_2926708_n.jpg

270205_230113023683992_108868112475151_870730_1385311_n.jpg

I was just watching the Jason Young trial, and a fellow poster posted this link to a cross examination of a defendant from a few years back.. after watching, I just can't stand the thought of the defense NOT putting Casey on the stand!

Can you place JA or LDB in this prosecutors shoes?
http://www.clicker.com/tv/48-hours/the-cross-examination-904956/

Look at the picture associated with this article of Susan Wright--remind you of anyone?
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/10/23/wife-who-stabbed-husband-to-death-gets-chance-at-probation/

LKB needs to get up to speed - the word is "had" - Baez admitted in court that he had released him. And there is no way of knowing if the computer expert even looked at the important dates and given the information to Baez.

Cause if he had Baez would not have come up with the goofy drowning scenario - when the IM's and the computer use proves ICA was quite chipper that day.

Maybe the computer expert was just there to set up Baez's computers so his attorney's could view the disks of evidence like the autopsy etc that the SA sent. Remember earlier on when Baez said some members of his team were "computer challenged?"

This is one argument I can kind of see Baez being correct on or at least 50/50 on, probably to the dismay of many but let me explain.

His point was that he had prepared for the releases that SA intended to use during the trial, as many here have poured over when they were originally released. If there are additional email messages, texts, chat scripts, and searches previously unreleased before trial that the SA now wants to bring forward based on a rebuttal he may very well be unprepared. The state had some experts that were able to extract much of this from deleted memory on the disk drive and history files that probably only an expert will be able to find and piece together. If he hadn't done that and is relying on what was previously released in discovery on the computer he now has a huge challenge going back to the hard drive... The several 100's of thousands he has received on the case is not that much when you look back on three years and all the people involved - yes much is pro-bono I suppose but still it is not that much money.

BUT !!!!

ONE thing I noticed today between 8:30 and 9:00 was JA and LB giving what appeared to be a binder to Baez. He paged through it and they all chatted for awhile. My guess is that the SA provided all the relevant chats and messages and emails in that binder from the day(s) in question. He seemed pleased to receive it and my other guess is that they provided him the information so that he could prepare and they could avoid appeal.

Feel free to correct me or give me my 100 lashes now........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tillygirl