2011.06.23 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-six)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning everyone...

Boy,!!! You sure know you have been watching the case to long when you have a dream your dating JB....And you look like Peggy Bundy (from married with children) in your dream, and HJP is your father and your son and Daughter in JA and LDB....:floorlaugh:

What a night...was so shook-up I got up and ate a huge bag of potato chips all by myself...:floorlaugh:

Good Morning everyone...

Boy,!!! You sure know you have been watching the case to long when you have a dream your dating JB....And you look like Peggy Bundy (from married with children) in your dream, and HJP is your father and your son and Daughter in JA and LDB....:floorlaugh:

What a night...was so shook-up I got up and ate a huge bag of potato chips all by myself...:floorlaugh:

you know it is really bad when this case is giving you a relaxing diversion for the soap opera happening in a friends life.

You can't make this stuff up

How many days has the DT been presenting their case? It feels like it's been a month, but it's only been a little over a week, right?

you know it is really bad when this case is giving you a relaxing diversion for the soap opera happening in a friends life.

You can't make this stuff up

The funnys part of the dream was JB kept asking for a paternity test on JA because he didn't think he was his....:floorlaugh:

So...today is Thursday. Originally, HHJP stated in court that he was anticipating trial coming to a close at the end of this week, but on Monday, made the comment it will probably go on another two weeks...

It seems apparent that SA is planning on a rebuttal case, so does this mean we can anticipate that Baez is about out of witnesses???

I expect Baez will put Kronk on the stand, and assume he will take at least a full day.....

I was following this last night (but a few short hours ago) and they never said guilty. Lippman said they do not think she is innocent. Then he released a statement to clarify and never really changed it. He says they want to know the truth but don’t want her to get death penalty. Some thought that it was strategy for letting JB know they would not lie for him/her. Possibility CA gets called to stand about computer usage and GA to deny RC claims. Lippman has been a good attorney for them and they seem ‘rehabilitated’ since they started listening to him.

Also there are steps to grief and they may just now be getting out of denial.

So...today is Thursday. Originally, HHJP stated in court that he was anticipating trial coming to a close at the end of this week, but on Monday, made the comment it will probably go on another two weeks...

It seems apparent that SA is planning on a rebuttal case, so does this mean we can anticipate that Baez is about out of witnesses???

I expect Baez will put Kronk on the stand, and assume he will take at least a full day.....

BBM

If the DT is about out of witnesses, and all they have is what we've seen so far, I think the state can just go ahead and skip their rebuttal, don't you? Seriously, what is there TO rebut? :waitasec:

this is probably off topic. i am new here and cannot start threads, i think. if i can i haven't figured out how anyway. so, my comment is this. baez is losing quite badly and it is apparently the consensus here that he is a poor attorney. i am not as convinced of that; look at what he has to work with. his task is not really possible. if ever there was a case that was indefensible this is it. so, i am up to day 22 in my trial viewing and i am seeing this lawyer consistently fail to make any headway in the pursuit of establishing reasonable doubt as to the guilt of his client. what happened, happened. i will say to his credit that he has showed up every day.

How many days has the DT been presenting their case? It feels like it's been a month, but it's only been a little over a week, right?

3 years to the day Caylee died. They started on June 16, 2011. It does seem like a month.

I've heard a buzz that Cindy is supposed to take the stand today.... Has anyone else heard this?

BBM

If the DT is about out of witnesses, and all they have is what we've seen so far, I think the state can just go ahead and skip their rebuttal, don't you? Seriously, what is there TO rebut? :waitasec:

I think they have to tie up a few loose ends especially with Dr. G. She will have to explain why there was no need to open up the skull versus what Dr. Spitz said. The chloroform issue also needs to be addressed. Why some experts testified to low levels versus Dr. Vass and Dr. Wise showing high peaks. I think these are crucial to the case. The duct tape with no DNA also needs to be addressed so it sticks (no pun intended) in the jurors minds that there was no DNA due to environmental elements.

I've heard a buzz that Cindy is supposed to take the stand today.... Has anyone else heard this?

Don’t know where it started but last night people were discussing her being called today to say she was at work during computer searches (further implicating GA -- until SA calls him later maybe).

But we have also been hearing that RC was waiting in the hall so I am not sure if people are told when they are going to be called or in what order or if they are just supposed to be ready for days.

HLN is one of the news channels reporting "cindy is expected to take stand today". If this is true, it could prove interesting.

Good Morning Everyone!

I just saw a story on Today show about a federal ruling declaring FL death penalty unconstitutional. Did anyone else see that?

Wonder what's in store for us today?

wm

When are they going to rest, I have just about had enough.

Morning All, Thanks for breakfast need it today.

Wonder if Stephen Shaw FBI hair and fiber examiner will be first to be called. He was waiting in witness area yesterday at end of trial.

Vinnie tweets he thinks Thursday will be a big day for defense. We'll see !

BBL going to get some work done before this thing gets started. Save me a seat on the magic carpet ride.

this is probably off topic. i am new here and cannot start threads, i think. if i can i haven't figured out how anyway. so, my comment is this. baez is losing quite badly and it is apparently the consensus here that he is a poor attorney. i am not as convinced of that; look at what he has to work with. his task is not really possible. if ever there was a case that was indefensible this is it. so, i am up to day 22 in my trial viewing and i am seeing this lawyer consistently fail to make any headway in the pursuit of establishing reasonable doubt as to the guilt of his client. what happened, happened. i will say to his credit that he has showed up every day.

Good Post Barbtries,

I think your right, he is between a rock and a hard place. His reputation as an attorney and the thought that I think he knows she is guilty.

He was hired to give her the best defense he could,

However, if she is 100% guilty.....

He is kind of stuck. I do think he could have made the scenario a little bet more believable and not throwing all the other Innocent people under the bus,

BUT if ICA said that is what happened then he has to go with that...

Another thought: If he told her to plea and she refused he is also stuck just putting together the best defense he can,
His reputation is on the line... and I think he is in a little over his head on this one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Macogle