2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am REALLLLYYYY liking hearing MN's comments the past few days. And I am REALLLLYYYY hoping that ICA will take the stand, too!!!!

You and me both Blue Ridge. I hope hope hope she does! JMHO

(as an aside: let's not talk about any players religious beliefs/practices or otherwise it will get this thread slammed shut---pronto :) just have seen it happen in the past is all)

This is quite an issue in itself, though, isn't it ?

Guess I won't make any friends here by suggesting sociopathy/psychopathy is as genuine a mental disorder as any other and as such, must relieve an accused of responsibility for his/her actions (with the only appropriate 'punishment' being institutionalization)

LOL I don't know about the friends thing but isn't one of the definitions of being legally sane enough to stand for trial is that you know the difference of right from wrong? And understand the consequences of punishment I think.

ICA clearly knew what she did was wrong because she hid the body, when faced with Caylee being missing she denied being involved and came up with the kidnapping story and then we boogied left into the drowning story with spaghetti called LA and GA thrown at the wall, and a lot of lives trampled as the DT moved along over three year,s carving out a trail for ICA "to be set free".

So you can slap whatever label you want on her, but she is legally sane and capable of standing trial.

Exactly! I think Cindy Anthony is in trouble as well as Baez!
No LIE ... Pun intended..
Like I said in earlier post I want her (both hers really) CA in trouble about those time cards/sheets after this trial is over and be be held for all her other lies...
You know she can break down on that stand and plead for her daughters life I don't care but this fabrication of the truth is OVER THE TOP

Folks here have been speculating for 30 hours as to what it could be. :dunno:

Cheney had planned to bring the issue up in the AM, obviously. "An entirely different subject I would like to address." Baez knew about it (also obvs.).

It does seem to be a matter that was of "news" to the SA team - given initial body language at 9 AM. They seem thoughtful, rather than upset or combative. See Burdick & Ashton step away from Judge with heads down - in thought - Burdick with arms in defensive position and Ashton with both hands stuck in pockets.

Also Cheney @ 9 AM, being polite to both SA's leaving sidebar - Baez reacting as if he already had the info and knew what he would next do.

There-after ... DT & SA team chatting quietly amongst selves pre-recorded conference in chambers.

So...if it's not DOD witness issue ... and it's a legal issue, and the source of legal issue was Cheney/DT ... and DT responds non-combatively to it, and agrees there's an issue ... what could ...

oh crap. I give up. :dunno:

Any other hunches?

Respectfully snipped and bbm.

Been mulling this over, reading everyone's opinion, viewing countless video clips from Saturday, and taking a 2nd and 3rd peek at the videos to view some of the more subtle things others have pointed out that I missed.

My "hunch" is that it is a DT shakeup and I think it is directed at JB. Everyone is highly aware of JB's blunders, can't miss them. Perhaps there have been on-going talks within the DT and ICA. Maybe the consensus that was reached was that if there was 1 more blunder/violation that she wanted JB to step aside as lead counsel (or just leave period). So perhaps after that 3rd violation on Saturday morning, that was it. (I also think ICA may have been po'ed that JB did not get Lee to say whatever it was they were counting on.) I noticed that CM had nothing to say at all when that exchange was going on concerning Furton. After the judge said that the witness was not going to testify (again) is when CM got up with his additional issue that he wanted at sidebar WITHOUT the court reporter. When the DT, ICA and judge go behind closed doors I think it was for the judge to hear/question the parties involved. At the end it may have been decided that MC is taking the lead role but would need the weekend to go over everything concerning the rest of the witnesses with JB to get up to speed and be ready to go Monday.

JMO and would like to hear what others think.

But you can put a defendant on the stand, knowing based on the evidence/your gut that she's lying, but still let them testify right? If they haven't told you they're lying.

Also......I thought I'd read that it was completely up to the defendant... that they had an ABSOLUTE right to get up there and testify on their own behalf if they insist on it, even if their attorney advises vehemently against it. So...if ICA stood up at some time, whenever, prior to closing statements...and said 'Your Honor, I want to testify on my own behalf'....could she be refused? :waitasec:

Another thing, it wasn't like they started using hand sanitizer that day. Caylee was 2--they likely had used sanitizer for a few months at least.
And since Cindy is a nurse---she should know that stuff is tested before it's sold. Like you said, her answers were over the top.........( and dumb as -------). ;)

I was thinking the same thing this morning and so I looked up the statues in Florida pertaining to witness tampering. Maybe someone, much smarter then me, can look at them and see if what LA did by going to JB office was unlawful. The only one I saw that might be tampering was "f." But like I say, I have no legal background and wouldn't know how to interpret this correctly.
www.miami-criminal-lawyer.net/html/tampering.html

According to Mark NeJame and channel 6 news, the court reporter left the courthouse as soon as court was dismissed. She would have had to stay and take down a questioning by the judge of the tampered with witness. That would rule out witness tampering and also jury tampering as a reason why this happened.

Question: If CM leaves the DT, would that create a mistrial or delay due to the fact that JB isn't qualified for a death penalty case?

There was a large cooler in the family garage about the right size to hold a todler. KC could have used it to haul the body around. That may explain no definitive evidence of decomposition fluids in the trunk, but it was not enough to prevent the permeation of odor. A new cooler could easily have replaced the old one.

Not sure if this has been posted or not, but everyone should watch this 3 minute account of Saturday's activities. I found it very intriguing and telling. Especially Chaney and Baez in the holding cell with ICA - and her response coming out.

Something is definitely UP!

http://www.clickorlando.com/video/28358075/index.html

Saturday: Minute-By-Minute
Local 6 News reporter Tony Pipitone recounts what happened in the Casey Anthony murder trial on Saturday.

MOO

Mel
Here some more info to boggle your minds. What we don't see in this video is what happened right before ICA gets up to go into the holding cell.In another video, ICA is reading, along with the attorneys, whatever it is on the computer screen. MM points out something to ICA and ICA says "That's exactly what I'm talking about". Next thing you know, MM is going into the holding cell and ICA gets up to go in there with her (around 9:18 on this vid). What was it that both of them (ICA and MM) spotted at the same time??? Any ideas?

You and me both Blue Ridge. I hope hope hope she does! JMHO

(as an aside: let's not talk about any players religious beliefs/practices or otherwise it will get this thread slammed shut---pronto :) just have seen it happen in the past is all)

Not sure if any of you are following the Jason Young trial, but OMgosh - totally gobsmacked when he was called to the stand. He did quite well actually (trained to the hilt IMO), and now we're waiting for the verdict. If you want to read up on another trial (he's suspected of killing his wife) head on over to the trial thread (Jason Young). You can also watch his testimony on line.

At this point, I really wouldn't be suprised if ICA took the stand. There's really no other way to get her story out to the jury (as Jason had to do. And what a story it was <roll eyes>)

MOO

Mel

Even thought they are who they are, I think that Cindy said she is on disability for emotional/mental distress, which I think has to be real. Who wouldn't be a mess, learning what she has learned (even if she tries to block it out) over the past three years? And what employer could take on the circus that would inevitably come with hiring any of them?

My opinion on this is...she brought a lot of "emotional distress" on herself. The fact that she has been getting disability lo these 3 years, ticks me off. I know people who have lost their kids and they do not stop working and go on disability. They might take a leave, or stop working temporarily, but none ever just stopped seemingly forever and went on disability. And this is her grandchild, not her child (I know she loved her like her own child, but still,,,)

Matters not anyway. What employer would hire her doing the same job now? Shes a proven liar and nobody wants a dishonest nurse.

I am sure she has had her share of days-long crying and staying in bed not wanting to get up or eat. Welcome to my world. BUT as a nurse I cant imagine throwing your career away.

The word "grifter" keeps commin up in my head.

I am not a super religious person but one thing really bothers me.

There was a tweet the Cindy and George were in the witness holding area reading the bible to one another. How can you sit and read the bible, take the stand to tell the whole truth so help you God, and lie like a dog.

It's no wonder the skies opened up over the courthouse Friday.

I was thinking the exact same thing, Pita!

I told my husband that even GOD needed a shower after that blasphemy on the witness stand. :no:

There is also a time when Casey is in the middle of reading the laptop and Simms almost literally slams it closed. Wonder what she didn't want her reading.

According to Mark NeJame and channel 6 news, the court reporter left the courthouse as soon as court was dismissed. She would have had to stay and take down a questioning by the judge of the tampered with witness. That would rule out witness tampering and also jury tampering as a reason why this happened.

Thank you!

Just another thing I thought of
This Jury is compiled of Florida Residents.. they know the weather in this state ..and they know
1 How awful HOT it is
2 How the rain comes down and how we get floods

That alone will take them to common sense about the the conditions Caylee's little body endured.. so that will speak wonders about theses so called EXPERT Witness reports that the DT has tried to bring in to play
So as our beloved JA has stated "BRING IT ON "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member