2011.06.27 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-nine)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NG guest thinks AF did Dominic and Hoover because they will become important (as lingering doubt) during the penalty phase.

I sure didn’t get that out of their testimony.....I see them as far enough away from actual site that they don’t matter

Where DC placed his two X's on the map, it was a long way off from the remains site. I think the jurors are going to see that DC and JH were searching in the vicinity, but not anywhere near where Caylee's remains were eventually found.

Also, DC mentioned water "flowing" in the area and that supports all the reports of water in that location until sometime later in November or early December.

I missed this afternoon's testimony and am not sure if this has been addressed or not but if someone cares to update me I would really appreciate it.
By what I gather on HLN tonight a psychic directed two PI's to where Caylee was disposed of one month before Caylee was found. The psychic on NG tonight said leave the house, turn right, trash bags, etc. The PI's did not find Caylee's remains at that time.
I'm hearing NG state that she is thinking the DT wants the jury to believe that the reason Caylee's remains were not found was because she wasn't there yet (Mr. Krunk hadn't put her there yet.)
Was Jeff Ashton able to convince the jury that either:
1.) The PI's were not looking in the correct place.
2.) The PI's were looking in the right place but Caylee's remains were under water still which is why they did not see her.
In other words was Jeff Ashton successful in cross examination so that we think the jury isn't buying another day of DT's antics.?

(In addition I'm just thinking if a psychic actually described so very close to where Caylee was found and mentioned garbage bags, maybe she really is a very good psychic and the PROS could use her information that has already been admitted into court as even the psychic knew Caylee was already there.)

Thank you to anyone who cares to update me.

I was gone all day, missed everything. Can someone tell me if the SA had a good day today? Did they slap down all of the DT's crazy antics???

Nancy doesn't always get her facts right.

Ermmm - do crazy people know if they are crazy? I don't think so.

My daughter tells me I am eccentric and laughs like crazy when I deny it - that's just not right AT ALL! :maddening: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Help, I cannot find the trial thread - checked the archives, everywhere - does anyone know where it is??
TIA
I am mostly interested in ICA's demeanor - heard the trial on the radio in the car today - some of it, but mostly want to know about ICA.

Well I know what I gained from that testimony!

Had someone told me that two men went into the very patch of woods where Caylee's remains were ultimately found - and they were looking for her, and they had landmarks to follow, and they were told her remains were in a black trash bag near 3 paving bricks, and they searched for her - but they didn't find her?? I think that would have given me pause. WAS her body there when they were looking? Hmmm...

However, after the testimony today and getting a good look and listen to the two men in question, I'm thinking that if I wanted to hire two men to NOT find something I'd lost, these two men would be the ones.

They couldn't use a map! One of them is wandering down the middle of the road feeling "happy" cause he has to pee - the other one is playing super secret spy man blair-witch videotaping the first guy from inside his jacket. If you wrote these two characters into any movie that did NOT star Will Ferrell - they would be too absurd to survive the screenplay edit.

Unbelievable.

I don't think she's stunned because I don't think she has yet learned that she's not as good a liar as she likes to think she is and not everyone is as gullible as her parents. I believe she still thinks she can connive her way out of this mess and will insist on taking the stand.

Chilly,
Excellent point. You're comment woke me up. lol ica hasn't learned that not everyone buys her lies.
I think I want her to take the stand now. Can you imagine the prosecutors getting a hold of her? :woohoo:

so is there any evidence problems? Did it come up at the end of Dom casey that he had drawn a map and the def team thought they should have gotten it as evidence disclosure. Is there a problem?

I missed this afternoon's testimony and am not sure if this has been addressed or not but if someone cares to update me I would really appreciate it.
By what I gather on HLN tonight a psychic directed two PI's to where Caylee was disposed of one month before Caylee was found. The psychic on NG tonight said leave the house, turn right, trash bags, etc. The PI's did not find Caylee's remains at that time.
I'm hearing NG state that she is thinking the DT wants the jury to believe that the reason Caylee's remains were not found was because she wasn't there yet (Mr. Krunk hadn't put her there yet.)
Was Jeff Ashton able to convince the jury that either:
1.) The PI's were not looking in the correct place.
2.) The PI's were looking in the right place but Caylee's remains were under water still which is why they did not see her.
In other words was Jeff Ashton successful in cross examination so that we think the jury isn't buying another day of DT's antics.?

(In addition I'm just thinking if a psychic actually described so very close to where Caylee was found and mentioned garbage bags, maybe she really is a very good psychic and the PROS could use her information that has already been admitted into court as even the psychic knew Caylee was already there.)

Thank you to anyone who cares to update me.

or :
3.) the remains with the exception of the skull were in tiny remains and scattered over half to a full acre of land and many of them buried in silt - like the one hip one the coyote buried....:innocent:

So unless an expert was actually searching there is no way they would have found her. Dominic appeared to be searching for a "whole" body...

er do we have a dim bulb emotive?

If DT doesn't call GA, then I think it shows he is not going to go down with all this bull.

looks to me like they will call him, and Finnell will do the direct exam....

Attachments

• 62808014.jpg
    62808014.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 44
I believe this wholeheartedly. She's going to have the hissy fit of the century when she finds out she's found guilty of 1st degree murder. :D

I think she is going to flip the flap out when the guilty verdict is delivered. I can hardly wait. And I've been thinking alot about that movie 'Cape Fear'. God forbid she should ever get out of prison on a technicality. I think she would hunt down JB and er, cut him off.

Nancy doesn't always get her facts right.

Lol I know :innocent: I was just sharing what she said...tonight it seems the show's a little more interesting. She just asked some guy a question about why Hoover and Casey was searching that particular area or the question after that and he said he couldn't answer because he was working on the case then?? Maybe Casey's team???

Help, I cannot find the trial thread - checked the archives, everywhere - does anyone know where it is??
TIA
I am mostly interested in ICA's demeanor - heard the trial on the radio in the car today - some of it, but mostly want to know about ICA.

I think it is at the top of the main Caylee page in Media Links...

TIA

Well, she came in giddy, then read until she fell asleep, then woke up and glared at a few people, then giggled and shook her head no alot.

The end. ;)

But would that be appropriate since she will also be doing the penalty phase and asking him to plead for mercy for ICA - I don't see that working so well...

Oh gosh, that picture gave me a giggle! It would make a great "caption this!" contest.

I liked Finnell quite a bit. On the suggestion of someone here I watched the documentary about her getting the unjustly accused young man off the murder charges he faced. She was really good. I believed her and liked her.

It's a blessed relief to hear coherent testimony from a witness interviewed by the state. No, I don't want her to help ICA, but I think the truth is strong enough to stand up to a good defense attorney anyway.

I think she is going to flip the flap out when the guilty verdict is delivered. I can hardly wait. And I've been thinking alot about that movie 'Cape Fear'. God forbid she should ever get out of prison on a technicality. I think she would hunt down JB and er, cut him off.

Yup, all the TH keep saying she shows no real emotion, just you wait about a week and a half.....

As usual, I'm in disagreement with most of the posters. I believe DC's story. I think he was being directed by a "psychic". One whose psychic visions were a combination of information released in media, Casey's statement about Caylee being close, and Kio's statement about the pet cemetery...and probably a google satellite map too. BTW, there were not 3 pavers found near the body. It was cinder blocks. I don't recall how many.

Although I don't agree with it, there is a very popular opinion that the tip came from Casey Anthony.

In the "Ask the Attorneys" thread, AZlawyer stated that if ICA insists on testifying, her attorneys can't stop her. It's her right to do so.

Scott Peterson wanted to testify in his trial until the defense brought in an attorney to do a mock cross. Apparently he failed miserably because he didn't end up testifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member