2011.06.27 TRIAL Day Twenty-nine (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr Vass has been very thoroughly vetted during this trial and seems to stand up well

A tweet from the courtroom just said this

CaseyAnthony spy vs. spy. PI's Hoover and Casey await. Hoover took vid of Casey going through woods near scene month before remains found.

Has anyone ever heard of this? I have been keeping up with this case since day 1 and never heard anyone had a video of casey going through woods where remains were found....

Dominic Casey, not Casey Anthony. Dominic went through the woods.

:eek: Dr. Furton just said it could have been a body along with household products!

Bingo! Human body + other chemicals. Dead body + chloroform as knock-out drug.

I think JA's demeanor can be off putting at times. He's a great lawyer but he can get very wound up at witnesses and sound "mean". Think I'm okay saying that. Right now, he's on fire and I think they may have to scrape what is left of the witness off the stand when he's done.

JB's direct was a few minutes long, right? Cross has been going on over 30 minutes. JA seems to be bringing it home.

#caseyanthony Jurors 4 and 5 look tired of this cross. Its critical...but so tough to digest. This witness is holding professorial ground.

I don't think he's getting torn down as much as people here think he is.

A tweet from the courtroom just said this

CaseyAnthony spy vs. spy. PI's Hoover and Casey await. Hoover took vid of Casey going through woods near scene month before remains found.

Has anyone ever heard of this? I have been keeping up with this case since day 1 and never heard anyone had a video of casey going through woods where remains were found....

PI is Dominic Casey- just adds to the confusion of this trial...

Seriously??? Are we watching the same trial?? With all due respect, I completely and whole-heartedly disagree!

I think JA loses some of his verbal impact when he gets mad, but only because in my life an angry male voice is truly scary to me and I stop listening as closely. However, intellectually I know this comes from JA's passion and because we're on the same side, I really like that in him. The angry male voice thing is just a personal tic of mine. So overall I feel great about JA.

"What other than a decomposing human body can explain all of the findings?"

"Consumer products, blah blah"

"So what you are telling us is that there is no one single item that is similar (paraphrazing) to human decomp

"It could be from a human body plus consumer products.."

OMG he just covered CA's cover-up of the decomp smell:floorlaugh:

Then he backtracks a bit and mentions animals

OMG, JA is owning this witness. I'm sorry, but it's true.

not really. I think many hear simply come to this conclusion due to JA's tone of voice vs witness. If you listen to what the witness is actually saying...he is not supporting the State's case - he is testifying that the vass studies are unreliable and has not wavered from that.

JA is pounding away, but has not got this witness to agree that it was a human body, in fact the witness keeps repeating that "maybe, but you would have to..." (some unreasonable stretch) in order to reach that conclusion.

Ignore the tone of voice and your preconceptions - listen to the actual dialogue.

JudgeJeanine Jeanine Pirro
This guy ashton is smarter than these scientists! He knows studies, authors, findings. No notes! Expert w stumbling!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member