2011.06.27 TRIAL Day Twenty-nine (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the very early of this case I was on another forum with a different name.

I got mutilated cause (little did I know) my screen name was the same as DC email or similiar. So all the ICA fans drove in one night and hacked the forum and accused me of being DC. I left that place never to look back , come here and changed my screen name to not even be close to the last. I had used that screen name way before this case come out. My first forum use was the NH case.

It's my opinion that the DT knows they are toast, and want an out, any out. Still wondering if KC will take the stand.

So the theory was Casey was insisting on taking the stand so CM and possibly JB called for the psych eval. Now Casey is thrilled she passed and presumably can get to talk?

Sounds plausible and Mason would have to be telling she's nuts to get on the stand. Demeanor/attitude aside, he is extremely experienced and certainly looks fed up with Casey and the circus.

Wonder if one day someone on the DT/close to it will write a book about all this. Or at least sell the story to everyone's bff, the National Enquirer.

Yes, she's from Virginia and I can't recall her name right now, but conveniently she couldn't provide her phone records that would validate that she had been on the phone with DC during that time.

Ginette....can't recall last name....is thread on her in forum....she is "interesting" and has "interesting history" to say the least...

ETA: I think last name was Lucas?

I may have missed some important moments of the trial, so forgive me if I am wrong, but is this one of the first times they have actually opened the paper bags, removed evidence and passed it among the jury?

I'm not saying everything should necessarily be passed among the jury, but I am so glad they finally started doing this because it is real, tangible evidence they can hold in their hands, items from the actual date and circumstances, and this, IMO, not only directly involves the jury but gives them much more of a sense of the evidence than simply an attorney handing a witness a paper bag and discussing the item without opening it, showing it, etc.

Why can't they do this with some of the other evidence? I was thinking the state would pull out the blanket, show some of these other things that were in those paper bags at earlier points in the trial, making it a much more real and visceral experience for the jury than just discussing them with photos.
It's not the first time, but they've done it only a couple other times (the heart sticker, Baez passed around a photo, and JA passed around the empty salami container before). I think the Jury will have all this evidence at their disposal during deliberation so they don't need to pass it around during trial (would take a lot of time with objections and all). As long as it is submitted into evidence, that's the most important thing IMO

Gotta ask...who is Mark Nejame? Is he the same guy who tweets?

I'm confused as all get out.

MN was the first attorney GA and CA retained. He quit because “they were not following his advice” . Very messy at this point

Could this be why the state saved their botanist for rebuttal ? Knowing the DT was going to bring these tapes in to try and disprove the body being there in Nov. ?

Yes, she's from Virginia and I can't recall her name right now, but conveniently she couldn't provide her phone records that would validate that she had been on the phone with DC during that time.

Ginette somebody.

I'm fairly confused since this is a whole new witness for me but why would JB have someone testify that could potentially blow up in his face?

Why would he do 99% of what he has done?
Clueless and arrogant.

Mark was the Anthony's first lawyer but he left them to rep TES and Tim Miller. He made it clear to the A's that he was repping only them (ca and ga) and not Casey and I think that got to be a fighting point. He got out while he could, without any backlash.

i further wonder if we will be seeing Gail St. John (she WAS mentioned in the opening statement LOL... and could be part of the conspiracy theory Baez is weaving...)

Why does THAT not surprise me? ;)

He was the Anthony's lawyer before Brad Conway. Fantastic Orlando lawyer with a stellar reputation. Said he could not support the Anthony's in their belief of searching for an alive Caylee and he would not support the defense of ICA in any way, so he quit.
And when Roy Kronk did not qualify for a reward for finding Caylee's body, M.NeJ gave Roy $5000 out of his own pocket.
Stellar guy!

I hope SA have Casey (the pi) and Hoover phone records ready so we know who was on the phone directing them to the body..

Wouldn't they follow this up with the Psychic? As I remember they couldn't find her number on Casey's phone log....

To this day...after reading everything and seeing the video...I do not believe that they were on the phone with anyone but an Anthony! I know there were emails back and forth but still.

Since I am new to the case I don't know who Hoover is but this is very gripping and I can't wait to read more about him afterwards.

I'm not exactly new to the case but I have no idea of who Hoover is...

Bottom line : James Hoover and Dominic Casey are inter-twined with the Anthony's and the DT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinrebano