2011.06.27 TRIAL Day Twenty-nine (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was a giant fail by JB. The witness came off as a play by the rules boyscout. Very credible.

by the time JB is through with this case, I'm gonna need a psych eval :banghead::banghead::banghead:

practice your questions, Jose, please!!! at least have them make sense!

So what I got out of this is, if Casey's car had been in a parking lot filled with other cars containing dead bodies it wouldn't have stood out.

10:47

Jury back in (10:48)

DIRECT EXAM OF DEPUTY JASON FORGEY BY JB

He was shown a drawing - Defense Exhibit EK - and identified it as a drawing he drew in the 3/24/11 hearing showing the forensics bay garage, ICA's vehicle and another vehicle. He earlier testified there were 2 cars that he deployed the dog on and that he did not know who the blue car belonged to. When he began, he started with the blue car and knew that the white car was in question.

Can anyone corroborate to the second car?

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED

Who else saw you deploy your dog on the two cars? His supervisor - Mike Carton, Gerarldo Bloise, possibly Mike Vincent.

He has mentioned his supervisor being present in his deposition. His supervisor did not fill out a report - not common practice.

The reason you do 2 cars is so your dog won't falsely alert to please you?

That is one of the reasons why. He did it and there is no real reason behind it. He wanted to make sure his dog's mindset was correct.

And it has nothing to do with your training regarding handler bias?

Training is different than real world because generally you aren't going to have an opportunity to have a second car. There are a lot of trailers and car in that lot and that was why he did it. It just happened to be there.

He doesn't know if he could have had them move her car to other cars. He said it was. It was next to another vehicle when they had it move out. It is evidence.

No further questions.

Oops - he forgot to have drawing entered. Drawing marked as Exhibit #61.

CROSS EXAMINATION BY LDB

The sunfire was the car in question, regardless of how many cars there were.

Deputy excused subject to recall at 10:57.

Dep. Forgey - identified drawing from March - entered into evidence....there were other's present during veh. search of kc's car @ forensic bay...one was his supervisor...not typical that the Sup. would write a report.

In real world scenario, the only one questioning.....in training you can set up 2 cars....but in real world.....could have moved the car next to another car....it was....could you ask them to move the car where there several cars there....it is possible but didn't....

LDB - whether there were 1, 2, or 200 cars you still knew Pontiac Sunfire was the car in question? correct...

witness excused subject to recall...

Why is Baez wasting the Court, and Jury's time recalling these witnesses?

Does JB actually think calling these people back 5 times makes his case appear stronger? i.e. 'look at all these witnesses.......'

Here comes 'Furt'...get ready folks...JA is ready too!

I am wondering the effect this "competent to stand trial" ruling is having on the jury. If they had thought she must have been out of her mind to party for 31 days while her child was "missing," what must they think now?

This may have hurt the defense case more then help it. JMHO

Do they know what motions are filed? What happens if the motions are submitted/ decided up when court is not in session?

LDB - Whether there were 2 or 200 cars, you knew the white Pontiac Sunfire was the car in question, correct?

JF - Correct!

That absolutely made no sense to me

Baez: But COULDN"T you have asked them to mooooooove that other car?

Deputy: Ummm...I guess so

Baez : THANK YOU ...no further questions.

SERIOUSLY? What is the point of that ? Is that supposed to be some big Perry Mason moment?

Well, Tony's car didn't smell like death, or have the stain of a dead body in the trunk, Baez!

Sometimes I wish he could hear us, lol.

Look at the way Judge Perry is looking at ICA's back, as the Jury was brought in.

I noticed it while I watched it happen live, on WFTV.com, as well.

I keep getting the feeling he doesn't like the inmate anymore than most of us do.

The Judge gets to see how she changes her demeanor when the jury comes in.

did the other witnesses say that there was only one car in the forensics bay?

YM only drew one car in the bay. At a later date he added the second car. Just from what I can tell from today's testimony and where JB might be going with this line of questioning.

My husband wants to know if I am under the impression that I am on the jury.

I am expecting him to ask for a competency hearing soon.

LOL my husband asked if they could evaluate me next when he realized I got out of bed at 5:45 PT to watch the trial while he was getting ready for work and saw them talking about it when he was eating breakfast.

Did the psychiatrists think of testing JB's fitness for trial? Just wondering...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper