2011.06.28 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No I did not see the looks she was giving him, I was at work and trying ever so hard to watch it.
I give him alot of credit and again agree, How do you like me now Mom!

Good for Lee. ICA got her lying skills from Mama that's for sure. Maybe this will break the chain with Lee.

Once again I am confuzzled by the Anthony's testimony. Why couldn't George just answer yes or no to the questions? That bothered me. Why did it appear that CA was lying yet again and that Lee's testimony incriminated his mother? I'm starting to think that CA left Lee out of things because he wasn't willing to play by her rules. Weirder yet, the three testimonies seemed somewhat scripted. I'm so confused by this family!

I'm confused too!!!
I remain stunned that CA lied on the stand; and after LA incriminated his mother - he goes and sits by her in the court room, after his testimony.
Who behaves this way??

Today was IT for me. I SWEAR I'm going to the pool tomorrow! Six more witnesses, and I'm sure they are going to badger RK again and I CAN NOT sit through that again.... So Who? CW/RC, JG (but that's all heresay), RK's wife, LE, CA, GA? Any ideas who else? DARE I say they will be done tomorrow or early thursday, the states takes thurs and fri and closing statements are Saturday? A verdict for the fourth of July???

How ironic is that!! the 4th of July. Nothing like her 4th of July no clothes party! :floorlaugh:

Just finished watching the taped morning session. Whoo boy.

Lee's hot button seems to be when he's left out of something important - so far we've got ICA's pregnancy, Caylee's birth and the fact that his parents believed Caylee to be dead while Lee still felt he was looking for a living Caylee. Like bookends to Caylee's life, Lee was excluded from everything momentous. Sad. I believed him... though I still don't like him.

George I could go either way about. He was very certain in his answers - which makes me think he either knew his phone records and front gate records wouldn't negate his story, or he has something on Jose that kept Jose from busting him. (eta - or he was telling the truth of course. But...???)

Cindy - lies lies lies.

Roy Kronk - completely believable. Seems to be a simple kind of man and was telling it like it is. Did a good job conveying that meter readers don't have a lot of excitment in their day. A dead rattle snake was the most exciting thing they could possibly imagine seeing during the course of their day - they excitedly brought it back to the main office! Of course if one of them thought they might have seen something odd in the woods that might have resembled a skull of some sort they would go back to investigate. That much was clear.

Anyway, that's my take so far! :)

Cindy Anthony looks at son Lee after he contradicted her testimony today.

Attachments

• 333074442.jpg
    333074442.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 121
I just got here and read this. I wonder if it has anything to do with Casey texting, I still think that day she was angry was because LDK was over there...did anyone find out by the end of the day...

Somebody slap me if I am wrong but "prisoners" are not allowed a cell phone????

I've quit trying to figure Lee out. I really don't think we can :waitasec:

My sister the trial lawyer has just weighed in with an observation to consider and that is that Lee is the most prone to *spontaneous outbursts of truth* and that the SA should hammer him and he'll talk, or apply their gentle charms, but still, be relentless.

She also thinks they could do a better job on reckless endangerment.

2 more ¢

I'm just heard GA's testimony for today and I don't listen well.... did JA ask George if he ever grabbed KC and asked her what she did with Caylee?

I'm confused too!!!
I remain stunned that CA lied on the stand; and after LA incriminated his mother - he goes and sits by her in the court room, after his testimony.
Who behaves this way??

JB should point this out to illustrate how $rewed up the A's family dynamic really is.

I'm confused too!!!
Who behaves this way??

I think it's all a big " all the Anthonys are crazy,so you see why ICA is not responsible for her actions" ploy by the DT.
So far it seems to be working.

I buy it. GA has known these questions were coming for quite a while. I am sure he as thought long and hard about how he will answer. I am sure any answer he would give might seem contrived because he has gone over it so many times in his head.
I can totally see GA trying to help someone when he couldn't, at the time, do anything for his daughter or granddaughter. I think GA is nowhere near the liar that his wife and daughter are. jmo and all that jazz :seeya:

Yeah, I can see where you are coming from and to be honest, I don't know if he did or didn't have an affair with her. Earlier on twitter someone (I think magpiefromhinky) said that with all the media following him, there is no way he could have gotten away with having an affair. You may be right, but something just didn't sit right with me about his demeanor today.

George stated Cindy knew he went to her house and that Cindy was also aware of this woman's alleged brain tumor? I believe that because if Defense didn't they would have asked Cindy on the stand and God knows she would throw any of them under the bus to save Casey. They knew they wouldn't like her answer.

Today was IT for me. I SWEAR I'm going to the pool tomorrow! Six more witnesses, and I'm sure they are going to badger RK again and I CAN NOT sit through that again.... So Who? CW/RC, JG (but that's all heresay), RK's wife, LE, CA, GA? Any ideas who else? DARE I say they will be done tomorrow or early thursday, the states takes thurs and fri and closing statements are Saturday? A verdict for the fourth of July???
And whaddya bet that JB talks to ICA or colleagues the entire time that the SA is closing. I just don't see much respect coming from him.

I'm just heard GA's testimony for today and I don't listen well.... did JA ask George if he ever grabbed KC and asked her what she did with Caylee?

I think it was JB that asked but it was definitely covered. He denied both.

sorry if my comments have been posted already, but after watching the trial all day, I cannot read 43 pages of sidebar thread.... (I do read quite a few but this late at night, I am totally over the trial info).

Anyway, does anyone else notice that Baez is quieter and not as nasty since Saturday's events. I think Mason gave him a beat down... it has definitely gone a LITTLE smoother when Baez is up, but he seems really soft spoken, especially when he had George on stand. He must have been reading here about how he looks to the jury LOL... Except for, did you hear his comment to the Judge about "if you give an inch they take a yard" - he was talking about Ashton.. another unbelievablism from Baez....

I don't understand how they can put RK back up on the stand and badger him again; at some point can't the judge step in

The timing of the motion to determine competency, just days before calling in people to testify to Casey's inappropriateness, leaves me believing that it was all a big show put on by the defense.

Yes, I agree it was a big show, but to me, based on HHJP comment to the DT at the end of the day - to me it means she said she was going to testify whether or not they wanted to, and the DT was taking the only route available to them to try to stop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faithfülly