2011.06.29 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-One)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone here please tell me who the user is that has the photo comparison of KC and Ted Bundy? I can't for the life of me remember the users name. I wanted to show it to some family members. TIA

Auburn, those types of comparisons fall under our "visual bashing" TOS rules and the original poster was kind enough to remove the siggie. Perhaps they will read here and respond to you privately.

The last witness's closing story about the child in the rain HAS to bring up the image in the jury's mind of Caylee's body floating in the muck for months, discarded and abandoned. That really helped the prosecution. Baez gambled and lost, IMO.

My brother died @ 27 when his car left the road and went into a river. His body wasn't recovered until a week later and I am still haunted by what my mother said in her grief:
"I can't bear the thought of him being in that water all those days and nights. When he was a baby I would get up just to change his diaper so he wouldn't have to be wet through the night."

My sister phoned me and said it was clear today, in her opinion, that GA knows the heartbreaking truth of KC's guilt, and has washed his hands of her.

Does anyone else feel that way?

I totally agree with your sis!!

My sister phoned me and said it was clear today, in her opinion, that GA knows the heartbreaking truth of KC's guilt, and has washed his hands of her.

Yes I agree and shocked I never thought he would turn on her I even thought he was going to admit to molestation just to help her case I am so proud of George today he stood up for Caylee...

For those who missed the 8:30 Am - 9:00AM bit, HHJP specifically mentioned that when the defense rests he is obligated to ask her if she wants to testify - then just sat there looking over at them. ICA nodded that she understood.

I do - I was worried it until today. I think he's crossed over into the acceptance stage. I still think Cindy has some denial going on, but George has accepted the facts.

Wow! I can't believe it is almost over. I imagine the jury will be chomping at the bit to work on Sunday and Monday. What do you all think?

I have one on Monday! Would it be rude to bring my iphone and periodically "check in?" Oh my!! I think I feel a migraine coming on.. no, wait, maybe a cold?

It's at my sister's house, I have a feeling I won't be swimming and mingling outside. I am going to lock myself in her bedroom........this is a real bummer...

Maybe the fairy god lady magical thinker decided she did not like testifying on behalf of KC after she knew more about the case, hence the rain story.

That certainly slammed in the faces of the jurors that Caylee was rained on from June to December.

Magical thinking, it works for me!

I loved that story in the moment, but for most of the afternoon I was wondering how I ended up sitting under that mushroom ....

I'm out. Taking my wine to the bathtub crying my eyes out, that little boy in the rain just got me bad. Dang, this trial is rough.

Have a nice night all. It is uplifting to know that so many good people do exist.

No screen shots, but she was muttering in agreement about the bond between mother and child and nodding her head, as though she had done something similar. :loser:
I read her lips at that point. I believe she said "It doesn't", meaning a mother's bond doesn't end with death.

My brother died @ 27 when his car left the road and went into a river. His body wasn't recovered until a week later and I am still haunted by what my mother said in her grief:
"I can't bear the thought of him being in that water all those days and nights. When he was a baby I would get up just to change his diaper so he wouldn't have to be wet through the night."

:hug: I'm so sorry for your loss.

I had a friend that lost her daughter at 5 years of age to an undiagnosed very aggressive cancer.

My friend seemed to be able to handle the stress and grief but because she wasn't thinking clearly she had forgotten about a favorite doll that her daughter had and when she realized that it wasn't in the casket with her she had a complete break down and had to be hospitalized and sedated.

:( grief is ugly. It's something we all experience in our own unique way but there is nothing that convince me that at any time during those 31 days was KC's behavior because of grief over Caylee. JMHO

Carried over from trial thread

I am still shaken up by the story of the poor momma who was afraid to let her boy spend the night alone in the dark in the rain, even after he had died and was buried.

That is TRUE Grief. We havent seen anything that resembles that from ICA... Did anyone get any pics ICA while SK was telling that story...?

I cant imagine how heart breaking and painful that would be, to be holding an umbrella and blankets over your childs grave, afraid that they are scared and cold... :'( im still in tears here!

Didn't lose a child, but one of our cats passed and we wanted to bury her in our yard. It had been raining for days and was still raining when we buried her. Not only was I sad regarding her passing, but she HATED to be wet and never went out in the rain, and it was so hard to leave her buried in the rain.

I'm out. Taking my wine to the bathtub crying my eyes out, that little boy in the rain just got me bad. Dang, this trial is rough.

Have a nice night all. It is uplifting to know that so many good people do exist.

...and on the trial thread someone posted that LDB was wiping her eyes.

i rewound and sure enough, major eye wiping by LDB. poor thing, that story hit a nerve with a lot of us. :heartbeat:

have a relaxing bath

I have one on Monday! Would it be rude to bring my iphone and periodically "check in?" Oh my!! I think I feel a migraine coming on.. no, wait, maybe a cold?

Need a good excuse to stay home to watch the trial?

Try "food poisoning." It works whdn 'blue flu' wont. Seafood excuse is best cause all know how quick seafood can go over. "I must have eaten a bad piece fish last night."

(once when I had a job I hated I "ate" a lot of "fish.")

Carried over from trial thread

I am still shaken up by the story of the poor momma who was afraid to let her boy spend the night alone in the dark in the rain, even after he had died and was buried.

That is TRUE Grief. We havent seen anything that resembles that from ICA... Did anyone get any pics ICA while SK was telling that story...?

I cant imagine how heart breaking and painful that would be, to be holding an umbrella and blankets over your childs grave, afraid that they are scared and cold... :'( im still in tears here!

Yep, same here. It reminded me how little Caylee was pulled out of the trunk of Caseys car, heaved into the woods in a garbage pile for animals to devour, and she is off to party down.
That is what came to my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member