2011.06.29 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-One)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So now that we're in Sidebar thread... I got home from an appointment to turn on the trial and there was SK. She seemed like a combo of Debbie Reynolds and SNL's Sally O'Malley. Also, kept thinking we've had the "Dessert Lady" in this trial. Now we have the "Magical Fruitcake Lady".
Wow, she added nothing to the defense. Another ouch for them. Looks like RC tomorrow. If she doesn't bring it home for the DT, they're in trouble!

It would be interesting to have Dr. Lillian Glass's perspective on Sally Karoth's body language. :)

With the DT wrapping up tomorrow, and HHBP telling the state that they should be prepared to begin rebuttal tomorrow afternoon, it would appear that the DT may only have one or two witnesses left.

We know by reports that River Cruz was waiting outside in the hall this afternoon, so she is one witness. Are there any more left to testify? I wonder if KC will testify and be the last witness?

As far as rebuttal goes, it's been stated that two of Cindy's former co-workers have been subpoenaed to testify. Bill Shaeffer referenced the HIPPA laws that all medical records be kept for 7 years, so there may be records of Cindy being at work when the computer searches were made.

I also expect to see someone testify regarding phone records for George and Cindy that might show that they weren't home during those computer searches.

I also think Dr. Garavaglia will be called to testify to refute Dr. Spitz's allegation that her autopsy was shoddy.

Can anyone think of other possible rebuttal witnesses?

I think the state will call GA back to the stand. If I were the SA I wouldn't waste my time on CA or LA. But if HHJP allows the suicide note in JA will for sure bring GA back up on stand and finally put to bed all of JB's mean insinuations that he was the one behind Caylee's demise.

Someone asked in the trial thread how sociopaths grieve...I have a story that will help people understand. My ex is NPD/APD (narcissistic psychopath) and my Mom passed away in 2006. It is still the only event in my life that nearly broke me. I could not function, stayed in bed for weeks, didn't eat, sleep, etc.

3 days into my grieving process my ex husband told me how disappointed my Mom would be in me that I didn't realise how much he was hurting. He cried while going on an hour long diatribe about himself - his loss, his pain, and what a horrible wife I was for not pushing aside my grief to soothe him.

I divorced him not too long after that. ;)
I know EXACTLY what you mean! My beloved mother died in '91 of cancer at age 54, 7 mos. from diagnosis to horrible/suffering death. I was devastated. My mom had raised 5 kids by herself after my dad died young, and as the oldest girl, I became her 'partner', sort of, in raising the younger ones (she never asked me to do this, it's what I wanted to do). I took a few days off then went back to work- was living w/fiance at the time. That a-hole could have cared LESS about my grief. I became severely depressed, which disgusted him. Within a week, he told me "Get over it! Even if MY (his) mom had died, I would HANDLE IT BETTER THAN YOU!" I looked him in the eye and said, "YOU have NEVER had anyone close to you die, much less a parent. I swear to God, when either your mother or your father dies, I will be the FIRST person you will think of, and you'll think "OH GOD so THIS is how she felt!"- then we split up, Thank God. Well I still see him from time to time (mutual friends) and I am glad his mom is still alive, however his dad died last October.
I ran into him a month ago and he told me "When my Dad died, I thought of you just like you told me, and I am so sorry for how I treated you back then."
I didn't get any pleasure out of this- used to think I might- just thought it pathetic how he had to get to his 40s in order to display an iota of empathy.

I agree. I'm sure she's a lovely woman, but she didn't help the defense at all today, IMO.

There are some people in life that have the blessing to be gentle. Gentle of voice and gentle of spirit. I bet she's an amazing counselor. JMHO

I am trying so hard not to cry but the tears are welling up making it hard for me to type. Oops, there they go. The differences between the mother worried about her baby in the dark and the rain and the mother living the bella vita while her daughter was -- well, you know all the horrible things that poor baby suffered -- the differences are gigantic. I lost my husband last November and I thought I was doing well until this month when his birthday and father's day rolled around one week from each other. I thought I was doing well considering he was progressively ill with dementia since 1998, but I've been hit big-time with grief this month. I need to do something because I am slipping into somewhere I don't want to be. It surprises, angers, mystifies, and sickens me that KC can go live the bella vita after her daughter's death - even if she didn't do it (which I think she did). My heart is full of pain from a more or less natural death - and she sits there stone faced and angry during testimony that breaks the hearts of people who will never know Caylee Marie. I am not a saint, but I changed the diapers of a grown man, bathed him, comforted him, feed him, sang to him, read to him, loved him, and held him in my arms as he lay dying, pleading me with his eyes to not let go. When I finally had to, it was so hard. Because most of us have loved so much and have lost so much through the years, we are outraged at what this young mother has done and even more so at what she continues to do. With every lie she murders her beautiful child over and over again. She needs to rot in hell while her daughter plays games with my Papa Joe. He will love to tease her and make sure she suffers for nothing in their special place.

If anybody here tweets with the night time talking heads, someone say something about the boy in the rain, and the contrast of poor Caylee thrown out in the rain and dark. I am trying to swallow my wine (I really need it today) and I can't. That was so sad and so powerful if anyone really stops to think about it. I hope LDB uses it in closing too. That mother was grieving, ICA ... I just can't find the words.

Very emotional story of a mother's love for her child. I'm glad she told it and the jury heard it..... what a difference for poor baby Caylee, bless her heart.

The IORNY that the Jury could come back on Independence Day and take away ICA's Inependence!!! :)

This possibility could change my Fourth Of July plans.

After being there during portions of the search, I made a promise to a little girl that I would be at the courthouse on the day her justice was served.

It's a promise I will keep.

I was turned off by the last witness through her testimony, both by her opinions and persona, but honest to God when she retold her experience of grabbing blankets and umbrellas to sit by a little boy's grave, because his mother was worried about him being scared--I lost it, too. I surmised the witness is probably very good at helping her clients, and if I was unfortunate enough to need a grief counselor would want one as compassionate...but I still wouldn't want to hear this witness testify again...ever.

I noticed Casey had a little facial reaction at the rain story telling. A lesser version of the faces she made when LA was crying/testifying. As if ICA was touched by this story. As if she has no idea she is the antithesis of the grieving mother. And for just a minute it doesn't compute in my brain how that's possible but I have to remind myself yet again whether its sociopathy or BPD, or just plain evil, ICA's brain is not wired like anyone else!

Oh and JA Rocks.

And now I need to go hug my little boy. *still sniffling*

No matter what is thought about this woman's testimony, I have to give her applause for sitting with that mother in the rain. Heart wrenching. It was also just about the WORST thing for the DT. Will any of their witnesses end up as a positive for them?

I was just thinking yhe same thing. She must have alot of real compassion for people. I feel somewhat guilty laughing at her. But...She did not belong in this case. MHO

I just hope the jury caught the stark contrast from the last witness on how someone dealt with death of a child. It was huge, but I don't know at that hour of the day if the jury was able to assimilate that into the whole of the testimony she gave. It was powerful, if you put the contrast together in your head.

I have a male envy of JA. He is remarkable.

Need a good excuse to stay home to watch the trial?

Try "food poisoning." It works whdn 'blue flu' wont. Seafood excuse is best cause all know how quick seafood can go over. "I must have eaten a bad piece fish last night."

(once when I had a job I hated I "ate" a lot of "fish.")

or chicken...just say you cut up the salad on the same cutting board... forgot to wash it! it takes 8 hours to 3 days to "get sick" and lasts for 4-7 days
:puke:silly me! - yes I really did this! DUH!

I'm kidding! Don't do this Karma will get ya and you will get sick for real!

...and on the trial thread someone posted that LDB was wiping her eyes.

i rewound and sure enough, major eye wiping by LDB. poor thing, that story hit a nerve with a lot of us. :heartbeat:

have a relaxing bath

What were you watching it on?

Are they only allowed so many witnesses for rebuttal? I am a little lost on that.

toooooo
morrow,
tooo
morrow,
I love ya,
tooo
morrow,
your only a daaaaaay
aaaaaa
way!!

3 things...

What will HLN do for coverage over the holiday weekend - will their "A-team" be off on vacation? Who's on the "B-team"?

Magical hypothetical - there's gotta be an 'if it don't fit, you must acquit' saying in there somewhere.

What is LKB gonna say today????? I won't be listening.

With the DT wrapping up tomorrow, and HHBP telling the state that they should be prepared to begin rebuttal tomorrow afternoon, it would appear that the DT may only have one or two witnesses left.

We know by reports that River Cruz was waiting outside in the hall this afternoon, so she is one witness. Are there any more left to testify? I wonder if KC will testify and be the last witness?

As far as rebuttal goes, it's been stated that two of Cindy's former co-workers have been subpoenaed to testify. Bill Shaeffer referenced the HIPPA laws that all medical records be kept for 7 years, so there may be records of Cindy being at work when the computer searches were made.

I also expect to see someone testify regarding phone records for George and Cindy that might show that they weren't home during those computer searches.

I also think Dr. Garavaglia will be called to testify to refute Dr. Spitz's allegation that her autopsy was shoddy.

Can anyone think of other possible rebuttal witnesses?

Jesse Grund?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members