2011.06.29 TRIAL Day Thirty-one (Morning Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my 2 cents worth but I think JB will do just about anything and everything to aggravate and frustrate JP and the SA. And the things he does, he knows he can get away with......like being caught up with the media and others waiting for the elevator, **** poor excuse if you ask me but hey nobody did! LOL!
And belittling JA yesterday afternoon...........JA is a real man, lots of self control......because I was furious over it!

It's going to be interesting to see how the prosecution handles Sally Karioth on rebuttal, whether they will go for the softer touch of LDB or let Ashton loose on her to assail her qualifications. I looked at Karioth's credentials and she doesn't have any degrees in Psychology and I think it's hard to make much of being a certified traumatologist, at least from what I'm seeing about it. Anyway, I think her qualifications, or lack of, will probably be a big point of the cross. Looks to me like there is a lot of traumatology stuff sourced from FSU, where Karioth is associated with nursing.

It definitely doesn't seem like mainstream psychology, in the field of psychology the study is usually referred to as psychotraumatology, to distinguish it from the medical use of traumatology, which is the study of wounds and injuries. Not to offend any nurses here, because I know many WS members have worked as nurses and I have great respect for nurses, but I know there have been fringe areas associated with nursing in the past that aren't based in the most solid science. I don't know if that's what's going on with Sally Karioth but this type of thing might be fertile ground for the prosecution.

Trying to catch up. This board is flying.
I don't know why the state would be cross with her. She has never talked to KC and she is just coming in to talk about grief. She doesn't necessarily have an opinion on guilty or innocence. Not fair to take it out on her. jmo

#CaseyAnthony Kronk back in hall no suit no tie.
by bobkealing via twitter at 8:58 A

Lol, I don't blame him. Maybe dressing down is his passive way of showing protest of why he is even being dragged into court in the first place.

Did anyone hear the Judge say he' will rule on these motions before a verdict if they reach that point in this case? Something is up.

But didn't JP say he would not rule on anything until the end???

Why is the judge reserving his ruling?

i don't know if this is his reasoning or not. but on an earlier motion for a mistrial, he reminded the DT that he could suspend ruling on any and all mistrials until the end of the trial. i believe in fact that he put them on notice that he would do that. my interpretation of the exchange was that he was not impressed by their motion and didn't want to be bogged down in a series of motions that would drag the trial out.
i also see it, but i don't know if applicable, as that say for some crazy reason the jury acquits, he could then grant the mistrial motion and force a second trial. i don't know though.

cm and kc must not be speaking to each other.
kc signing a ton of forms. to take the stand? for plea?
more motions?

It's going to be interesting to see how the prosecution handles Sally Karioth on rebuttal, whether they will go for the softer touch of LDB or let Ashton loose on her to assail her qualifications. I looked at Karioth's credentials and she doesn't have any degrees in Psychology and I think it's hard to make much of being a certified traumatologist, at least from what I'm seeing about it. Anyway, I think her qualifications, or lack of, will probably be a big point of the cross. Looks to me like there is a lot of traumatology stuff sourced from FSU, where Karioth is associated with nursing.

It definitely doesn't seem like mainstream psychology, in the field of psychology the study is usually referred to as psychotraumatology, to distinguish it from the medical use of traumatology, which is the study of wounds and injuries. Not to offend any nurses here, because I know many WS members have worked as nurses and I have great respect for nurses, but I know there have been fringe areas associated with nursing in the past that aren't based in the most solid science. I don't know if that's what's going on with Sally Karioth but this type of thing might be fertile ground for the prosecution.

Nurses can specialize in advanced degrees in both Masters and PhD's which includes Psychiatry. From that a nurse can continue even further advanced training through membership organizations and study programs. Since I haven't reviewed this particular nurse's CV I can't vouch one way or another.

As to social sciences in general, these particular sciences are part of the education for nursing. These areas of science are also utilized as part of the standard of care nurses perform.

stevehelling Steve Helling
At security, #JoseBaez and team cut to the front of the line. Other lawyers who also have cases today were not happy.

If I were another attorney this would have me FUMING! :banghead:

Yes, I heard ‘if’ also. Just figured he is always careful about his wording....almost as if he is directly addressing the appellate panel.

LOL! I took his "if" to suggest we might not given how long it is taking with all the side bars, proffers, delays. etc.

IMO

Cindy chewing gum. yikes

eta: she swallowed it on the stand, lol

George is wearing a suit today? I don't think I've ever seen him in a suit.

GA wearing a suit coat today?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member