2011.06.30 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-Two)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my non-attorney take on it. Some Defense attorneys are sleaze, but most are good people who like to do a good job. IMO, ICA's case is a no-win, and a responsible attorney would have worked very hard to explain that to her, and to also explain how if she made a plea deal she could probably get 20 years, but if she continued to fight this, she would probably face the death penalty.

I don't have the stats, but I do know a lot of women kill their kids, and a LOT of cases are so much worse than this one, little babies tortured and beaten for their whole lives before they are finally killed, and very rarely do these women end up facing death row.

But if an attorney will only represent KC if she accepts a plea more moral than an attorney that decides to take it to trial?

Sure...I would have liked to hear that from JG. I just don't understand what it was considered that was hearsay regarding JG. If JG simply stated that KC told him that she was molested by Lee that doesn't sound like hearsay. What was considered hearsay regarding JG?

It is hearsay because he "heard it being said" he did not say it himself. ICA said that to JG, who is repeating it to the court. We have his depo sitting around here somewhere. It was pretty tame stuff.

If we don't have it - the hinky meter will have it.

You are not alone. I do the same thing. I try to get all my housework done on Sunday so I dont have anything to do all week. I dont sleep either, and have even starting having bizarre dreams about this case. Will be soooo glad when she is behind bars for good.

glad I'm not the only one...:floorlaugh:

Uhhh....all I can say about that is... You Go George! Looked like he was ready to whoop some @ss!! LOL

Thanks for sharing!!

Lol, my husband has been following this on the radio (and griping non-stop about HLN commercial breaks and THs). He has finally been able to watch it, and the day of the gascan, he was convinced GA was going to start beating JB with it. He asked what GA would get if he did it (a standing ovation, perhaps?). Today it was the same thing, he thought GA was wanting to deck JB so bad he could taste it.

Can someone please tell me if court is in session tomorrow at 9??

THIS. A thousand times, this. You have nailed it. I have not watched a trial in many, many years, and I find myself waking up without the alarm clock, right on time, sleeping fitfully, being uncharacteristically grumpy and depressed, justifying the mounting laundry, etc....this has affected me in so many ways I never thought it would. I feel like my life is on hold, between breaths, and I can only exhale after I know things have been made okay for Caylee.

Please tell me someone else feels this way.

I feel you, for sure!!

I work full-time as a purchasing/procurement manager for a chemical company. I am NOT A CHEMIST...LOL. I just buy all the chemicals... I get up, lately, at 5 a.m., and read what you all have been up to late at night. Get to work just in time for any 8:30 motions. , and am listening intently by 9 a.m. Everyone in my office knows what I am listening to,and now come by and ask if they can see me during sidebar or recess....

I'm in a family biz, and one of my brothers is a former defense atty, so I drive him nuts all day with what about this, and what about that????
Drives him crazy, and he thinks JB is a total DB... Another brother is a chem engineer, and I run to his office with questions about chloroform, and dead bodies in tubs... they really hate to see me coming...

When I come home at night, I watch it all again on YT, in case I missed something during the day. So I am up late.

I'm getting married for the first time, On Oct. 8, and I am 45 years old. So I'm out of the loop wedding wise, but REALLY out of the loop as a bride ...because I can't stop looking at this darn trial!! My fiancee is the best! He can only come here on weekends, but already knows I haven't done a darn thing all week.... and he jumps in and get things done. He is, however, a little worried... as he doesn't know how soon the next big case will happen.... He is already asking that I stay off the computer during the honeymoon... I say no problem, I will leave the laptop at home, all the while, I know I can read you guys on my iphone while in PR... and he has no idea... lol!

I hate Fox News. But I am a Democrat so .....

What is going on tomorrow? Is court scheduled for 9 am? How much rebuttal is left? Anyone know? Or will they start closing statements? I'm off in the morning so something better be going on!

is fox news going to televise the case. I have a problem with in session due to commercials during testimony. I understand commercial breaks but I miss some important moments.

HLN news is plain irritation... many more breaks to commercials.. then when the host comes on in the drama voice talks for at least what seems eternity with they are back in the court room... lets return but he seems to talk for 15 seconds and 15 seconds is missing the trial... I get so like be quiet.

I try and watch on orland live but my computer after hours of viedo.. it over heats my computer and it shuts down for 20 minutes at a time.. grrr

I like to hear the motions or the back and forth of the issues the attorneys have that are spoken.. instead of news casters giving their view...

I am not in orlando but in Florida does anyone know of any channel that broadcast with out the commercials at times that I am saying... oh no not now.

I only know of wftv.com.

She is cracking up about the poster who had to take her puppy to the vet then coming home wanting to hear the testimony today.

The testimony about burying all the Anthony pets. Not exactly something a pet lover looks forward to hearing, especially when they have just returned from the vet.

:great:I finally got through for txt alert for
the jury verdict! yay! :woohoo:

if anyone is interested or doesn't "tweet"
txt casey to 43886.

I know V. Politan tweets but I don't...

When George was doing the "washing hands" motion, could that have been directed towards Biaz and not ICA?

I feel you, for sure!!

I work full-time as a purchasing/procurement manager for a chemical company. I am NOT A CHEMIST...LOL. I just buy all the chemicals... I get up, lately, at 5 a.m., and read what you all have been up to late at night. Get to work just in time for any 8:30 motions. , and am listening intently by 9 a.m. Everyone in my office knows what I am listening to,and now come by and ask if they can see me during sidebar or recess....

I'm in a family biz, and one of my brothers is a former defense atty, so I drive him nuts all day with what about this, and what about that????
Drives him crazy, and he thinks JB is a total DB... Another brother is a chem engineer, and I run to his office with questions about chloroform, and dead bodies in tubs... they really hate to see me coming...

When I come home at night, I watch it all again on YT, in case I missed something during the day. So I am up late.

I'm getting married for the first time, On Oct. 8, and I am 45 years old. So I'm out of the loop wedding wise, but REALLY out of the loop as a bride ...because I can't stop looking at this darn trial!! My fiancee is the best! He can only come here on weekends, but already knows I haven't done a darn thing all week.... and he jumps in and get things done. He is, however, a little worried... as he doesn't know how soon the next big case will happen.... He is already asking that I stay off the computer during the honeymoon... I say no problem, I will leave the laptop at home, all the while, I know I can read you guys on my iphone while in PR... and he has no idea... lol!

Haha..good stuff lol.
And I guess the only good thing...ok, not really good.. But we are having a major drought here in Texas.....And we can't go to our place on the Lake, well we can,but the lake is down, cant launch the boat., no open fires, no fireworks..so we are staying in for the 4th....And, a lot of area community firework shows are even cancelled. so.......at least I will be around to watch !!!

Thank you!:seeya:

I'm off tomorrow morning!:great:

Tomorrow is Canada Day! A whole day with no pesky customer phone calls!! Hope we actually get a full day in. When we finish at 5pm - it is still only 2pm where I am so I still get half a day left of a work day.

But tomorrow is not a work day! It's a holiday - hooray! I'm so excited I may ...have an afternoon nap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee