2011.06.30 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-Two)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I've heard much testimony like this let in. I don't get it...maybe I'm daft. But today River Cruz testified and said George told her "it was an accident that went out of control." Here, George said this to River and today River repeated what George allegedly told her. That's the same thing. Are you saying that JG heard KC talking to someone else about being molested by Lee? I don't think so...you said ICA said that to JG, after you state that "he heard it being said."

But George was there to say he didn't. That's the difference. ICA is not available to get on the stand to agree or deny...

Ok I am off to bed. Thanks to all the not-sleeping, inside out sweatshirt wearing, watching while at work, dirty/upside down spoon having, messy housed WS-ers for the comforting thought that I am not alone! LOL! See you tomorrow.

As always, justice for sweet Caylee

My non-attorney take on this is witnesses can testify to what they personally said, and they can testify up to a point on what the accused said, but they can't testify to what people other than the accused said, and they can't testify to what the accused said another person said or did.

Example: JG could testify ICA said she did something to George, but he can't testify ICA said George did something to her.

MOO

What happened in the hearsay exception issue regarding TL? Does anyone remember this?

Whoa! They just said on JVM that one of the rebuttal witnesses is the Vice President of Gentiva. Me thinks Cindy Anthony's testimony will be thrown out. All of it. By Judge Perry.

Wouldn't surprise me to find out that he is coming to say that they do not condone or require messing with time sheets, among other things.

IMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc3OO0IUPjE&feature=related

Good save our land
Glorious and free
Oh Canada! We stand on Guard for Thee

(love to you and yours - I grasp your hand)

Thank you Neighbour and Love back to you and yours! Yes, we call ourselves The True North Strong and Free...I'm a Proud Canadian!

I thought it was pretty cool we got the Boston fans singing your national anthem at the cup games because we sang ours! That was so cool!

PS - My father was American and The Star Spangled Banner always brings tears to my eyes...what a beautiful anthem.

I have doubts about the DP being the penalty in any event; I don't know if JP will want to issue a DP right now, in the middle of the new Fla. ruling, etc...also Casey is then provided years of automatic appeals at the expense of the taxpayers. I know his history, but it is just my feeling that it won't happen this time. This case will be scrutinzed forever as it is, if it is a DP verdict, it will literally never go away. And Florida has a lot of DP's reduced to LWOP later on.

I was just catching up on what I missed during yesterday mornings AF phone call because I slept in. While AF was saying "However, I think we should be concerned with the district courts finding- specifically page 91"...... HHJP appeared to pray, if only for a second. I'm probably going out of my mind, but I captured this pic while AF was stating this--and I firmly believe he said a silent prayer.

1212vbr.jpg

ETA video: Starts at app. 8:15
http://www.wftv.com/video/28393657/index.html

Wouldn't surprise me to find out that he is coming to say that they do not condone or require messing with time sheets, among other things.

IMO

Since he is a Prosecution witness and he was going to say that - I really doubt the SA would bother bringing him in.

I think I've heard much testimony like this let in. I don't get it...maybe I'm daft. But today River Cruz testified and said George told her "it was an accident that went out of control." Here, George said this to River and today River repeated what George allegedly told her. That's the same thing. Are you saying that JG heard KC talking to someone else about being molested by Lee? I don't think so...you said ICA said that to JG, after you state that "he heard it being said."

I think hearsay is stating what someone else said. the reason I understand it's not allowed is because you can't cross examine that statement. That's why DC couldn't say what the Psychic was saying, because they can't cross examine her statement. When RC brought up what George said, it was to "impeach" his testimony. The rules are different in impeachment. She was brought in to impeach his credibility. He could be cross examined if need be.

JG can't say what ICA said to him, because the state cannot cross examine these statements. Meaning they can't cross examine ICA. "statements" cannot be cross examined. Ofcourse I'm NOT an attorney, this is just my understanding. :fence:

A woman who was just convicted in Ohio of killing her baby by putting her in a microwave got LWOP; and sadly enough another woman in CA was arrested for the same thing last week. And they are not even the only two to use this method...another used a washing machine...there are more cases of mothers killing their children that anyone would care to admit, but most do not receive mass media attention.

I think if the CA woman is not found incompetent and pleads guilty, she will not get LWOP or the death penalty. Also, IMO it's pretty easy to convince a jury putting a baby in a microwave is premeditation.

What I find is sad and twisted is the women who have beaten their children repeatedly over their short lives until they finally kill them have an out. It's like, "Well, the 50 previous times I tortured my child he/she didn't die, so it's not like I meant to kill them..." It makes me so sick and angry it isn't SOP slamming a baby's head in the wall is an automatic 'intent to kill'. I mean, FGS, what do they think is going to happen???

Thank you Neighbour and Love back to you and yours! Yes, we call ourselves The True North Strong and Free...I'm a Proud Canadian!

I thought it was pretty cool we got the Boston fans singing your national anthem at the cup games because we sang ours! That was so cool!

PS - My father was American and The Star Spangled Banner always brings tears to my eyes...what a beautiful anthem.

Respect. Pure.

(hawks)

does anyone know what her time card says her hours were that day?

Her time cards say she was there - CA said she signed them to say that - what he will be testifying to is whether or not there was any activity on her work computer which was password protected, such as documents (excel spreadsheets, letters, etc) or any emails she opened or answered or sent during that time to prove she was actually at work.

I believe it was an 8 am to 6 pm on the money - as opposed to 7:58 to 5:53 -so some "concerns"

WSers please correct me if I am wrong

sorry think I worded that wrong.. I meant July 15 (that's the day DT wants the new work records for, correct)

THIS. A thousand times, this. You have nailed it. I have not watched a trial in many, many years, and I find myself waking up without the alarm clock, right on time, sleeping fitfully, being uncharacteristically grumpy and depressed, justifying the mounting laundry, etc....this has affected me in so many ways I never thought it would. I feel like my life is on hold, between breaths, and I can only exhale after I know things have been made okay for Caylee.

Please tell me someone else feels this way.

dkatiemom - you are not alone. I am so haunted by this case. When the grief lady told the story of the mother who had lost a young son and she was very sad because he had never been alone in the dark when it was raining and she wanted to go sit by his grave until the rain stopped I was overwhelmed with sadness thinking about Caylee lying alone in a dark swampy wooded area with animals chewing on her remains. That is should a haunting image. I also noticed the grief lady had a butterfly necklace on and it reminded me of the t-shirts that were made to help find a missing Caylee And then the cry of the hawk outside the window behind Judge Perry I felt like it was such a omen. I think I need a group hug from all the WebSleuthers who have kept me company from the beginning of this case. I can tell that Linda, Jeff and Mr. George are getting weary - they have been working so hard for Caylee. I know they all have families and children and I am so grateful for all they are doing, I will pray for them tonight. If I had the money I would send LDB a gift card for a spa day, I would give Jeff a tie for the Fathers Day that he missed this year because of the trial . Hang in there !!

dkatiemom - you are not alone. I am so haunted by this case. When the grief lady told the story of the mother who had lost a young son and she was very sad because he had never been alone in the dark when it was raining and she wanted to go sit by his grave until the rain stopped I was overwhelmed with sadness thinking about Caylee lying alone in a dark swampy wooded area with animals chewing on her remains. That is should a haunting image. I also noticed the grief lady had a butterfly necklace on and it reminded me of the t-shirts that were made to help find a missing Caylee And then the cry of the hawk outside the window behind Judge Perry I felt like it was such a omen. I think I need a group hug from all the WebSleuthers who have kept me company from the beginning of this case. I can tell that Linda, Jeff and Mr. George are getting weary - they have been working so hard for Caylee. I know they all have families and children and I am so grateful for all they are doing, I will pray for them tonight. If I had the money I would send LDB a gift card for a spa day, I would give Jeff a tie for the Fathers Day that he missed this year because of the trial . Hang in there !!

BBM That's why I am here. ICA broke the covenant. I will never forgive her.

Aww. :grouphug: :heart: :rose:

But if an attorney will only represent KC if she accepts a plea more moral than an attorney that decides to take it to trial?

IMO, yes. But I admit my opinion is colored by following this case from the beginning and no matter how hard I tried to give Baez the benefit of doubt, for me it always comes back to this case being so much more about him than about his client.

I have limited legal expertise I've picked up over the years from this, that, and something else (but not Law & Order, lol.) Based on that, MO has been ICA has 100% chance of being convicted of something worth at least 30 years, 95% chance of LWOP, and 90% chance of DP. MO has been a plea deal could have been worked out before Caylee's body was found for 15-20 years, in exchange for the location of the remains. So I would not in good conscience be willing to make this kind of gamble.

I missed this! And he wasn't punished in any way!????

HHJP said couple of weeks ago that he was holding off on any sanctions or contempt rulings towards Baez until after the trial. He has an open file going now. I suspect today one more item got added to that file. HHJP said he did not want to take care of it and issue any rulings on the matters until trial was over so that the defendant was not prejudiced by her attorney's issues (my phrasing - can't remember HHJP's exact words).

IMO

OT: Can somebody point me in the direction of where I can get text alerts to what is going on in this case? I don't want to sign up for something that will give me all of Orlando's breaking news just this case. Of course I have a family reunion on Sat. So, I will miss closing arguements and my phone has limited capabilities. (I can't wait to upgrade next month!) Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966