2011.06.30 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-Two)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does JB want 7/15 records? I know the significance of the date but curious as to why her records from that day would be so relevent. Do you think knowing she would get caught in a lie she somehow pulled a fast one to falsify things in some way? Something just seemed too planned about that.

I want them, too. Here is a day we know she left work twice. Once to meet George to bail out the car and second to deal with the stench. Do her records show her clocked in as normal or do they show her leaving? This is why the emails are so important. As soon as she said "It's been three years. I'm sure they don't have them," Jeff Ashton was outta there.
Still, I'm with you here. wouldn't put anything past the DT.

You know - this is completely off topic of what we were talking about - but I was just making something to eat (as usual with this trial - it is now 9pm) and all of a sudden, thinking about how amazing it is to belong to WS, and the friends I have made and the experiences I've had, and the tears we've shared and the nights I have been on here and we've been completely foolish laughing ourselves sick and goofing around while the mods were off napping....

I think BigFatMommyDog got me started with her lovely Canada wish - and all of a sudden I was all misty eyed thinking about it all....

Good times....I remember nums24 (who faithfully posted here for years) was here poking around and we were chitchatting back and forth one night about midnight, and she accidentally discovered Baez houses had just gone into foreclosure - we almost had a riot trying to wake people up and email Kathi Belich so she could have the scoop and of course yukking it up because even then JB was not on our top 10 fave list....there have literally been hundreds of days or nights like that....

I'm going to miss all of this....:sigh:
maybe Trisha will give us a Caylee alumni club?

That Melinda Loveless case is horrendous. I watched 2 shows about it recently on Dr. Phil. It was done without an audience with the mother and sister of the victim. Their pain and panic to this day was palpable. The fact that 1 is now out sickens me to no end. They should never breathe in freedom again.

One of the worst cases I ever read involved a teenager named Melinda Loveless who with the aid of 3 others, killed a 12 year old because she was jealous of another girl she was involved with. Melinda Loveless who was a few years older than the victim, kidnapped Shanda Sharer with the aid of 3 other teens and tortured her in a field, knifed her, put her in the trunk of a car all night while she was still alive and the next day they burned her while she was still alive in a field. All this because Loveless was jealous that Shanda Shara had a few conversations with another teen who Loveless claimed was her girlfriend. I don't even think Shanda Shara had sex with the other girl, not that it would have changed my view of them. Because of the teens ages and how much of a role they played, the teens who aided Loveless received different sentences. Two of them got out of jail after 10 or so years. One of them actually poured gasoline on the victim and she still got only 10 or so years in prison. This was because of plea bargains they accepted and time off for good behavior. The ringleader and another teen received 60 years but can get out much earlier for good behavior. I think I read they can possibly be released while they are in their 40s. All this because because Loveless was a bit jealous of another girl. That was extreme torture. I don't like these plea bargains deals because it seems like there is little justice just because these horrible evildoers reveal what they did partially or totally. In this case you don't even know if they are honest about what their total involvement was because there were no witnesses other than the perpetrators themselves.

I remember reading about this case. I totally agree with what you are saying. It's not right one will get a massively reduced sentence for testifying against the other when they both did the same crime, and it's not right someone who had the foresight to hide the body can get a better deal than someone who didn't when they both basically committed the same crime, etc. etc.

Unfortunately, the reality is the courts are already clogged up, and there is incentive by the state to go with a plea deal to save the time and money involved in going to trial. Sometimes it's also to save the victims and/or their families the trauma of going through a trial. It sounds harsh and mercenary, but there isn't enough time or money for everyone accused of a crime, even murder, to stand trial.

Sorry, I'm probably preaching to the choir here, but this is somewhat of a soapbox thing, and I spend way too much time thinking about things like this and how it could be fixed, but have no answers yet. Plus I have no compassion whatsoever for people who hurt children. I'm still fuming over the whole Andrea Yates debacle, but that's another conversation.

Why does JB want 7/15 records? I know the significance of the date but curious as to why her records from that day would be so relevent. Do you think knowing she would get caught in a lie she somehow pulled a fast one to falsify things in some way? Something just seemed too planned about that.

Isn't this the day she left work to meet George at the impound lot? And returned to work? Will her records support this fact? Or will the records show she worked an full day? Baez must think he has something there......... I don't agree. jmo

I want them, too. Here is a day we know she left work twice. Once to meet George to bail out the car and second to deal with the stench. Do her records show her clocked in as normal or do they show her leaving? This is why the emails are so important.

I just wonder if she set some trap of sorts for that day. I don't know what it could be but just something seems hinky they want that day.

Are they bringing in emails as well? I hope so.

Isn't this the day she left work to meet George at the impound lot? And returned to work? Will her records support this fact? Or will the records show she worked an full day? Baez must think he has something there......... I don't agree. jmo

The good news is State will see records for that day and if something is hinky they just wouldn't move forward on it. It would be nice to get in but not something that would crush them if they didn't.

I just wonder if she set some trap of sorts for that day. I don't know what it could be but just something seems hinky they want that day.

Do you know a link to where he asked for 7/15? I missed that part somehow...steppin and fetchin for the furbabies.

I did notice once HHJBP put the court at ease, Cindy shot out of there with her attorney hot on her heels. Hmmmmmm....

does anyone know what her time card says her hours were that day?

Don't really need her time card since everything she does on her work computer is logged by IT. Just need to show computer activity at work during the time that she was alleged to be at home.

I know but that's what they're hoping to find on the 15th, evidence besides the time card, evidence that shows her presence at work when we know for a fact she wasn't there. It's a long shot for them but you can't blame them for wanting to see if they can find something on the 15th, something other than the time card showing she there when, in fact, she was at the tow yard. Just saying, that's why they want to see the work records for the 15th... it is relevant to the state's rebuttal. Some were saying it's not.

Imo, they won't be successful since she wasn't at the office so there won't be evidence of her being there.

I don't see how it is relevant to the state's rebuttal. They are dealing with only 2 days in March. Those days are in dispute and to a material part of the state's case. Nothing in July is in dispute by either side at this point.

Granted, I see what you are saying about trying to say well if it is wrong on the 15th when we know she wasn't there but computer activity shows she was there, that is allowing them to go on a fishing expedition when their CIC is over. Too late for that. I seriously do not think HHJP will allow that. He even said with a shrug, well you can subpoena and if it shows something, well it is what it is. He did not seem at all concerned about it.

IMO

After Cindy expounded on her wealth of IT knowledge, that apparently ends at Gentiva and never enters her residence at Hopespring...she spoke about the password protection for her emails that noone can get into (except of course any Gentiva admin) the SA went after those as well.
I was wondering about the deleted emails. Did her good friend DB help out a friend???

That Melinda Loveless case is horrendous. I watched 2 shows about it recently on Dr. Phil. It was done without an audience with the mother and sister of the victim. Their pain and panic to this day was palpable. The fact that 1 is now out sickens me to no end. They should never breathe in freedom again.

Actually 2 of them are out already and the other two I read can get out in 2020. I just looked it up. There's no justice in that case.

Do you know a link to where he asked for 7/15? I missed that part somehow...steppin and fetchin for the furbabies.

I did notice once HHJBP put the court at ease, Cindy shot out of there with her attorney hot on her heels. Hmmmmmm....

No, I don't have the link. It was after trial ended for the day.

Actually 2 of them are out already and the other two I read can get out in 2020. I just looked it up. There's no justice in that case.

Horrific. I had anxiety just listening to the story. And her last word was, "Mommy." Can you imagine as her mother having to live with this? God bless them.

You know - this is completely off topic of what we were talking about - but I was just making something to eat (as usual with this trial - it is now 9pm) and all of a sudden, thinking about how amazing it is to belong to WS, and the friends I have made and the experiences I've had, and the tears we've shared and the nights I have been on here and we've been completely foolish laughing ourselves sick and goofing around while the mods were off napping....

I think BigFatMommyDog got me started with her lovely Canada wish - and all of a sudden I was all misty eyed thinking about it all....

Good times....I remember nums24 (who faithfully posted here for years) was here poking around and we were chitchatting back and forth one night about midnight, and she accidentally discovered Baez houses had just gone into foreclosure - we almost had a riot trying to wake people up and email Kathi Belich so she could have the scoop and of course yukking it up because even then JB was not on our top 10 fave list....there have literally been hundreds of days or nights like that....

I'm going to miss all of this....:sigh:

I was just thinking right before I got to your post how nice this has been to have some free time to get to chat about the trial, and how much I've missed hooking up with everyone.

I hook my laptop to my TV and get to follow most of the trial, but I've only had a few days here and there to be online for any length of time, and then usually I don't post much in the trial thread. During breaks I have to be off doing something else, and the one day I had some free time after court was dismissed the sidebar thread was closed for a while.

I've missed the opportunity to 'hang out' as much as I would have liked to, and I've really enjoyed the companionship tonight. Thanks, everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog