2011.06.30 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-Two)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't this the day she left work to meet George at the impound lot? And returned to work? Will her records support this fact? Or will the records show she worked an full day? Baez must think he has something there......... I don't agree. jmo

It won't matter what her timecard says though. They've got login records for her work PC, her emails, Excel spreadsheets, etc. Those are going to show she was either there working, or not. I don't think LDB was fighting to get those admitted for nothing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JB can't talk to CA about this can he? I worry they will try and scheme. Yes, I am paranoid but I think it's warranted here. lol

Well, I certainly appreciate it as I'm sure others do as well. I just wish I'd found WS and you guys sooner -- sure could have used this valuable (and fun) resource when I went through my own hellish lawsuit. Keep it up!

Are you really Tuffy's mom---I mean OUR Tuffy? The brilliant one who posts here?

Regarding GA's suicide note. When someone is that depressed, they maximize their perceived failures and shortcomings, and minimize their accomplishments. The way they
see themselves is skewed.
When the person is not depressed, they see themselves entirely differently.
That should be kept in mind when trying to get any read on GA based on his suicide note.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks button was not enough.
I was feeling extremely uncomfortable regarding some of the posts about this note. I decided not to post figuring I'd be perceived as some kinda self appointed "board police" and other reasons too. I'm glad now for my decision not to post, because I came upon yours. You are so very correct, and stated it much better than I could. Thank you.

Well isn't this interesting. LDB was really to bring up hundreds of checks ICA wrote on CA's account. Tony Pipitone got ahold of the sidebar conference.

Start at about the 2:00 mark.

http://www.clickorlando.com/video/28413553/index.html

Sweet - but oh how I wish those checks had come in...And Amy's. Perhaps a bit of it will. In any event, I am grateful all of her "friends" have Moved. On. With. Their. Lives.

Please do not take this personally, but I don't think that Baez has anywhere NEAR this amount of trial experience. I do not have a link to his resume, but I am almost positive that someone here can find it for you.

This man is VERY inexperienced and, if I recall correctly, has NEVER served as counsel in a death penalty trial until he found the audacity to think that he qualified to sit on this case.

RHornsby said the other day when he was on the blogtalk radio program that Baez has tried 1 murder case, no DP cases (this is his first) and his others have been most cases like DUI cases. When this trial started he'd been a lawyer for 3 yrs. Beth Karas asked specifically about this because earlier in the day Baez had sent her a text message telling her he was DP qualified. Hornsby said no he is not.

I read up on the one murder case he tried. The defendant was convicted and appealed for ineffective counsel. It was denied.

At least that is how I recall the discussion being on the radio show.

My understanding is that the jurors in this case are from Clearwater Florida. If I'm incorrect, someone let us know.

Clearwater Florida is a major HQ location of The Church of Scientology. : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_Scientology#Flag_Land_Base.2C_Clearwater.2C_Florida

The city is home to thousands of Scientology practitioners.

Did this ever come up in the original jury selection process? Were potential jurors asked about their religious background?

I'm no expert on Scientology, but I know they have very little use for anyone in the health field in matters of the mind and mental issues. They don't like or trust shrinks...

Also, they have very unusual beliefs concerning crime and punishment in general, with specific attention given to the death penalty.

Their founder, L. Ron Hubbard:

http://www.righttraining.net/page02.htm

"Capital punishment is neither ethical nor unethical. It happens to be a law, a code. It has to do with a wild, unreasoning effort to protect society, and a great deal of experience has demonstrated that it does not protect society. And all of this evidence to the contrary demonstrates, then, that capital punishment doesn’t work. So therefore it’s unethical conduct, actually, but it’s lawful conduct on the part of a state to administer capital punishment. "

More . . .

L. Ron Hubbard: The State, Punishment & Murder

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lHP2DYMLBM"]YouTube - ‪L. Ron Hubbard: The State, Punishment & Murder‬‏[/ame]

This seems significant to me. Has the topic of Scientologist jurors come up in this trial? I searched on the topic and found no hits on WS about it.

I wanted to make this a new thread, but I am a newbie here and didn't have the proper authority. If anyone puts this post, or one of their own in the main forum about this, I would appreciate it. Otherwise, any comments?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks button was not enough.
I was feeling extremely uncomfortable regarding some of the posts about this note. I decided not to post figuring I'd be perceived as some kinda self appointed "board police" and other reasons too. I'm glad now for my decision not to post, because I came upon yours. You are so very correct, and stated it much better than I could. Thank you.

I haven't read any of it and I"m not going to - it was enough to hear about parts of it in court today. Since it was of no use to the DT despite their efforts, for me it was just too personal and invasive. I have to draw the line for myself somewhere with these people's lives.

Why does JB want 7/15 records? I know the significance of the date but curious as to why her records from that day would be so relevent. Do you think knowing she would get caught in a lie she somehow pulled a fast one to falsify things in some way? Something just seemed too planned about that.

Here's what I think he's trying to look for:

We all know she was out for a period of time on July 15 because she and George went to pick up the car from the tow yard. Then she went back to work a little while after they got home with the car. After being at work for a short period of time she was forced to leave by one of the supervisors. That is not her saying it, that is backed up by people she worked with in depositions and also testimony in the trial by George and the tow company manager.

They are hoping to see that the company computer records will show activity on her computer during that time that supposedly she wasn't there so that they can invalidate this testimony that is going to happen tomorrow.

July 15 is the only solid day that there are multiple people that have said she was in and out that afternoon.

They're on a fishing expedition. Nothing more.

IMO

You know - this is completely off topic of what we were talking about - but I was just making something to eat (as usual with this trial - it is now 9pm) and all of a sudden, thinking about how amazing it is to belong to WS, and the friends I have made and the experiences I've had, and the tears we've shared and the nights I have been on here and we've been completely foolish laughing ourselves sick and goofing around while the mods were off napping....

I think BigFatMommyDog got me started with her lovely Canada wish - and all of a sudden I was all misty eyed thinking about it all....

Good times....I remember nums24 (who faithfully posted here for years) was here poking around and we were chitchatting back and forth one night about midnight, and she accidentally discovered Baez houses had just gone into foreclosure - we almost had a riot trying to wake people up and email Kathi Belich so she could have the scoop and of course yukking it up because even then JB was not on our top 10 fave list....there have literally been hundreds of days or nights like that....

I'm going to miss all of this....:sigh:

Aww. I wasnt around during those days, but I can relate to this post :) Ty for this, btw. Oldies, newbies, were all here for one reason. After it's all said and done, I'm gonna miss all of this, too! :grouphug:

My understanding is that the jurors in this case are from Clearwater Florida. If I'm incorrect, someone let us know.

Clearwater Florida is a major HQ location of The Church of Scientology. : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_Scientology#Flag_Land_Base.2C_Clearwater.2C_Florida

The city is home to thousands of Scientology practitioners.

Did this ever come up in the original jury selection process? Were potential jurors asked about their religious background?

I'm no expert on Scientology, but I know they have very little use for anyone in the health field in matters of the mind and mental issues. They don't like or trust shrinks...

Also, they have very unusual beliefs concerning crime and punishment in general, with specific attention given to the death penalty.

Their founder, L. Ron Hubbard:

http://www.righttraining.net/page02.htm

"Capital punishment is neither ethical nor unethical. It happens to be a law, a code. It has to do with a wild, unreasoning effort to protect society, and a great deal of experience has demonstrated that it does not protect society. And all of this evidence to the contrary demonstrates, then, that capital punishment doesn’t work. So therefore it’s unethical conduct, actually, but it’s lawful conduct on the part of a state to administer capital punishment. "

More . . .

L. Ron Hubbard: The State, Punishment & Murder

YouTube - ‪L. Ron Hubbard: The State, Punishment & Murder‬‏

This seems significant to me. Has the topic of Scientologist jurors come up in this trial? I searched on the topic and found no hits on WS about it.

I wanted to make this a new thread, but I am a newbie here and didn't have the proper authority. If anyone puts this post, or one of their own in the main forum about this, I would appreciate it. Otherwise, any comments?

I have thought about this a lot as an anti-cult anti-Scientology activist. But chances are the CoS would not let them respond to a summons, even in the unusual case of one being sent. They stay under the official public radar at this level. Few of them are registered voters, few even have drivers licenses. I doubt if one made it on to the jury. There are lots of nice Non-Scions in Clearwater who hate the cult and its evil ways. They (the Scions) wouldn't want to be in the room with ICA. They get vibed out by people who are derelict in some way. If that makes any sense. Which they don't. Not a good idea to start a thread probably, too off-topic. They don't want their members mingling out there getting ideas. They are never alone.

I think Jose has already told the Ants attorney what the new evidence shows. Lippman has been on TV tonite trying to explain away part of it. Something about CA doing banking that day and could have gone to the house for computer searches, yada, yada

Looking at KC on the tv, its amazing for me KC doesn't seem depressed ever...only sad at times. I don't see how anyone in that position, guilty or not, could not be depressed. Although despicable as she is, she's lucky she has such a happy outlook despite of what her future may be. Even in prison, the warden said she seems happy. Bloody amazing!

I have been thought about this a lot as an anti-cult anti-Scientology activist. But chances are the CoS would not let them respond to a summons, even in the unusual case of one being sent. They stay under the official public radar at this level. Few of them are registered voters, few even have drivers licenses. I doubt if one made it on to the jury. There are lots of nice Non-Scions in Clearwater who hate the cult and its evil ways. They wouldn't want to be in the room with ICA. They get vibed out by people who are derelict in some way. If that makes any sense. Which they don't. Not a good idea to start a thread probably, too off-topic.

My family has lived in Clearwater for generations, and the subject of Scientology around any of them usually results in at least an hour long rant.

I haven't spent much time around it, but I think you are right. I can't imagine them being allowed to show up for jury duty, much less serve.

My family has lived in Clearwater for generations, and the subject of Scientology around any of them usually results in at least an hour long rant.

I haven't spent much time around it, but I think you are right. I can't imagine them being allowed to show up for jury duty, much less serve.

I'm sort of a ranter on the topic, too. I'm surrounded by them in LA where they also own a ton of tax-free real estate and phony businesses. I've had very neg experiences with them. Enough on the topic. End of rant. ;)

Well isn't this interesting. LDB was really to bring up hundreds of checks ICA wrote on CA's account. Tony Pipitone got ahold of the sidebar conference.

Start at about the 2:00 mark.

http://www.clickorlando.com/video/28413553/index.html

:eek::eek: Hundreds of checks? And Cindy did nothing? Bad behavior after bad behavior excused, ignored and denied, led to this road and this tragedy. No wonder GA felt the way he did. The dysfunction is staggering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog