2011.06.30 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-Two)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha! Good thing you aren't a west coaster - trial starts at 5:30AM six days a week, and people were laughing at me stirring my oatmeal this morning with the garlic spoon I stirred the pasta with last night - and running to the corner store at 7:00am with my sweatshirt on inside out. This was day 40 of the trial, right? I think I've forgotten what sleep is.

But, not sure if any Canadians who post have admitted that tomorrow is a national holiday. Yippee - now I don't have to pretend to be working.!

Oh,no way.. I was stirring my tea with a "dirty" spoon, upside down.
I have managed to keep my housework up, ironing and folding in front of TV..Grocery store early in the AM or on lunch recess.
And just going room to room turning on different TV's .
It did get hard yesterday tho, having to run to the laptop when all the commercials where going on...

My son ,God bless him said yesterday,
Mom. when there is a side bar can you cook my pizza lol.
And he will come down and say...did Baez make you mad? Or...
Is Caylee gonna get her justice...

Its a mess aint it ?

THIS. A thousand times, this. You have nailed it. I have not watched a trial in many, many years, and I find myself waking up without the alarm clock, right on time, sleeping fitfully, being uncharacteristically grumpy and depressed, justifying the mounting laundry, etc....this has affected me in so many ways I never thought it would. I feel like my life is on hold, between breaths, and I can only exhale after I know things have been made okay for Caylee.

Please tell me someone else feels this way.

I do. I joined WS because of Caylee. I know there are a lot of missing/abused/murdered children in this world everyday and all are equally important. But something about little Caylee Marie has had me thinking about her everyday for almost 3 years now. Literally there is not ONE day that goes by without a thought of Caylee Marie.....

Ever since the trial began I wake up and watch what I can before work. I DVR InSession and HLN before I leave for work. I keep up with the trial at work through WS, even though I should be working. I come home after work and watch what parts I can on the DVR and check in here. Then after I spend time with my own children and fiance, I read some more on here till the wee hours of the night......and repeat day after day.

I know all of us here want justice for Caylee Marie. Nothing less will do.
I am 100% positive KC will pay for what she has done.

Was there any rebuttal today? I don't think I heard any rebuttal witnesses after listening to the whole day's trial. Who were the rebuttal witnesses?

Oh,no way.. I was stirring my tea with a "dirty" spoon, upside down.
Its a mess aint it ?

Ahh but have you spread peanut butter with the spoon's handle? I think my cat tried an intervention by jumping on the keys and freezing the screen during trial today.

CNN is going to show a video or picture of Casey when she was a child. On commercial now coming up.

" You have nailed it. I have not watched a trial in many, many years, and I find myself waking up without the alarm clock, right on time, sleeping fitfully, being uncharacteristically grumpy and depressed, justifying the mounting laundry, etc....this has affected me in so many ways I never thought it would. I feel like my life is on hold, between breaths, and I can only exhale after I know things have been made okay for Caylee."

I feel the same way. I don't watch thing awful things...the last I followed was Lacy Peterson because I had just given birth to my first baby and it just flipped me out that someone...her HUSBAND could kill them both.....(baby Connor) I was truly crying when they finally found Lacy. Somehow this sweet Caylee has touched me too. How heartbreaking that (moo) her own mother killed her. How can these people be so selfish? It is frightening. (S. Peterson/ICA) thank god they r caught. Justice for the victims.

I accidentally hear some of JVM with Janie W (my ears are still burning). BEfore I could quick mute her, they were talking about how normally attorneys would have a mock try at the client with one attorney cross examining her. JVM asked JW if she thought they did that and JW said "I know they did". Then I managed to mute her. But anyway, I think that this is what led them to seek the competency testing. Seriously, can you imagine CM mock crossing her and the wacko answers she probably gave? :floorlaugh: I am CONVINCED this is what happened! "Ms. Anthony, you say Caylee accidentally drowned?" "No, that's not true, I left her at the mall for Zanny to pick up in the play area. I have a video too! It was the Florida Mall!"

"I saved the video to the SIM card in my Nokia 7668 Cell Phone but the phone disappeared last week, thankfully, I had transferred the SIM card to my Samsung G797 cell phone but some glitch in that phone erased the SIM card so now I can't recover the video OR Zanny's number.........."

I'm new at posting here. Have been reading every word on WS through this trial. Sorry if I double posted.:blushing:

Why? You don't think Ashton would represent KC in a trial if he was a defense attorney? This is what I don't trust or understand about attorneys....I wonder no matter what side they are on if they really care about winning or justice.

Here's my non-attorney take on it. Some Defense attorneys are sleaze, but most are good people who like to do a good job. IMO, ICA's case is a no-win, and a responsible attorney would have worked very hard to explain that to her, and to also explain how if she made a plea deal she could probably get 20 years, but if she continued to fight this, she would probably face the death penalty.

I don't have the stats, but I do know a lot of women kill their kids, and a LOT of cases are so much worse than this one, little babies tortured and beaten for their whole lives before they are finally killed, and very rarely do these women end up facing death row.

Are you sure? He called ICA a "diabolical liar"...

Sure...I would have liked to hear that from JG. I just don't understand what it was considered that was hearsay regarding JG. If JG simply stated that KC told him that she was molested by Lee that doesn't sound like hearsay. What was considered hearsay regarding JG?

Could someone tell me please where I can watch a video of this afternoons trial?
I had to take my puppy to the vet. Thanks :)

Here's my non-attorney take on it. Some Defense attorneys are sleaze, but most are good people who like to do a good job. IMO, ICA's case is a no-win, and a responsible attorney would have worked very hard to explain that to her, and to also explain how if she made a plea deal she could probably get 20 years, but if she continued to fight this, she would probably face the death penalty.

I don't have the stats, but I do know a lot of women kill their kids, and a LOT of cases are so much worse than this one, little babies tortured and beaten for their whole lives before they are finally killed, and very rarely do these women end up facing death row.

A woman who was just convicted in Ohio of killing her baby by putting her in a microwave got LWOP; and sadly enough another woman in CA was arrested for the same thing last week. And they are not even the only two to use this method...another used a washing machine...there are more cases of mothers killing their children that anyone would care to admit, but most do not receive mass media attention.

I'm sorry if this has been discussed, but what are your thoughts on the gesture that George makes upon leaving the stand upon looking at ICA.

http://www.wftv.com/video/28408667/index.html (around 14:00)

Local news here mentioned it and I think it's very telling.

You got my curiosity... So, I zoomed in on my fabulous, large, High Def monitor for a good look. To me, the hands say, "That takes care of that." As, he does it, he looks to his left at JB. I think ICA would have been to his right, so GA does not look at her.

I am very curious to know exactly what he said to JB on the way to the stand. To my eyes it looked like F___ You! If you are able to find out, please let us know.

While I've watched almost all the trial, I did miss some. I've been doing searches here to find out what happened to the defense questions about the "84" hits (and or refreshes) on "how to make chloroform" shown in the prosecution's computer report. I felt very uneasy about the number (84), especially considering the report supposedly showed the previous hits on facebook was hit/refreshed 83 times.

Hopefully, my fears were unfounded. The issue went to sidebar and I've seen no further mention. Did I miss something?

Psssst... what's the relevance to this case though, what am I missing? Someone earlier asked if Sally was here:waitasec:???

Val on the HinkyMeter did a hilarious wrap up of the court yesterday, calling the grief expert - Mustang Sally - sung by the Commitments, and then we moved on to the movie - if you have not yet read Val's column - do yourself a favour and drop over to the hinky meter and read about it. I thought she really captured the flavour of the day...:floorlaugh:

omg!! (said in valley girl accent)

"dirty spoon upside down" made me guffaw like a crazy person.

(And my apologies to the crazy-person community anywhere out there.)

:)

0Re: the question about Casey appealing the verdict if it is guilty on any charge??

My answer is ABSOLUTELY 100% she will appeal and from the attys and lawyers that have given their opinions they say she will have zero problem with appealing on the grounds of ineffective counsel because Baez has proven to be exactly that, ineffective counsel..

I wanted to bring up one other fact.. Since it was chosen for Casey to NOT take the stand and testify in her behalf.. What I learned that leaves the door wide open for is shocking IMO...

I learned that due to her not ever taking the stand and testifying in this court trial she is 100% legally able to not only claim ineffective counsel.. But she can also come up with an entirely different defense!!!!!!

She is legally able since she did not testify to work on a new, better and improved version of what, how, why this happened to Caylee and be tried all over again using the new story as her account.. It all falls under the ineffective counsel and since she never went under oath and testified to a specific account of what happened the she can legally come up with a new version stating that the version that was used by ineffective counsel was not accurate and true...

Can you believe this?? I had learned this in the past week and it was the number one reason that I was praying that she would end up taking the stand.. I knew if she did take the stand then what I just described ^above^ as an appeal option would no longer be an option as she had testified before the court under oath to a specific version of events...

She did not do this so now she has the option on appeal to make up a whole new vat of lies and ruin another group of individuals entire lives by falsely blaming them as the new killer of Caylee!!

This is am outrage imo!!!!

totally, respectfully disagree. I too have the misfortune of being surrounded by lawyers, sigh.... JB, though grating on the nerves, is NOT innefective, although is a bumbling dingleberry, he's tried over 40 jury trials, (gasp) and 4 or 5 DP trials, he is flanked by some astouding lawyers, upwars of 20 by my count. It will never fly for innefective councel, that is a ploy by almost every convict, I've seen trials where the DT SLEPT during trial and the judge ruled it was not innefective councel because the DT was awake during the important parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marisa_breanna97