2011.06.30 TRIAL Day Thirty-two (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My gut tells me Cindy is up to something. She would not leave otherwise.....

I assume they are going to talk about possible perjury and obstruction charges and to advice her to take the 5th.

Oh, the Judge got testy with JA and rightfully so! Love me some JA but.....

Why is ICA allowed to text? I have never seen any defendant do that in court before.

Who would she be texting? all her friends had to change their phone number. They would probally run far away from her. Maybe shes playing angry birds!!!

Did JB admit to knowing CA would lie on stand? Wouldn't he be in huge trouble if he did? I know JP was aksing about it but not sure of outcome. TY.

I'm one of those annoying people that hold to the adage of "seeing is believing".

In this case, it would be "smelling is believing".

My partner used to teach cadaver anatomy @ a medical school. When he came home after teaching, the smell on his clothes caused me to retch, so he had to change clothes before he came home.

I think the jury should be able to smell the cans. The smell has been introduced as evidence. If the jurors are to believe the expert witness testimony, I think they should be allowed to decide for themselves whether or not the smell ios something that would cause them to "jump back".

What if they don't determine that it smells like death?

save the cans for next trial, if they get an appeal

A Juror uses their sight to see evidence.

What's the difference, really?

ITA. I think they sit so close to witnesses, that they are already unconsciously 'sizing up' witnesses with ALL their senses.
Example---If a witness smelled bad or bathed in perfume, they jury is judging, whether they realize or not. Already. JMO.

If I were a juror on this case I would be devastated to have to smell that can knowing that I was smelling Caylee's decomposition.

I know! I hear in some cases the jurors end up having to go into therapy. They see and hear some horrible things in some cases.

She's being briefed on her rights with respect to perjury and contempt. :great:Ah, what a day huh?

There is no question in my mind that the can smells like decomp. based on the evidence and testimony presented therefore, I wouldn't want to open that can.

Indeed.

And far be it.....

or....

Maybe there is, "some crap up with which Cindy will not put."

moo

Good pt“@stevehelling: If the can doesn't smell overwhelmingly of decomposition, it could be an OJ Simpson glove moment. #CaseyAnthony”

The State is not dumb enough to open them for the jury or witness unless they verify the smell is still strong enough.

I hope they are not able to smell the cans. I just think it's too risky, and the State does not need them to smell it to make their case. Sometimes the imagination is better than the real thing. They have heard everyone state how horrible the car smelled. No reason to have them smell. It looks as if JP is leaning toward them not smelling it. I hope the suicide note comes in, to me that's more important than a smell that most would agree smells like death. All, just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CindyW1974