2011.07.01 TRIAL Day Thirty-three (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FUN FACT: foramen magnum (Latin: 'great hole') is a large opening in the occipital bone of the cranium. It is one of the several oval or circular apertures in the base of the skull (the foramina), through which the medulla oblongata (an extension of the spinal cord) enters and exits the skull vault.

I don't know any more...many, many people from Florida and around the country are writing to the State that they want to see something done about CA...I think if nothing is done to her, there will be a huge uprising in Florida.

I guess CA has lied quite a bit but I don't see how it will matter much to the case if she is charged with perjury.

Nah - she tried by pinching the bridge of her nose- but even that
didn't work today ( I noticed Lee did the same thing -once- Family trick?
MOO

I have 7 older siblings, I know how to fake a cry when I need to. The thing here is that ICA is doing it wrong. It isn't the pinching of the nose that causes the tears, but the stealth poking yourself in the eye while you do it...GEESH can't the DT get that right at least?

(snark, please note the snark)

JB up. Witness Michael Warren.

JB: you're the gentleman who used the QuickTime video.
Powerpoint.
You're not a medical doctor.
No sir.
In fact you're not a forensic pathologist right?
I think this is an anthropological case.
So you can't say what Dr. Werner Spitz can or cannot do...
JB: And your testimony today is basically limited to what a forensic anthropologist, correct?
Yes.
JB: And that's for anthropologists?
For multidisciplinarians, whoever's doing those skeletal exams.

JB: I heard you testify about a magnum? [sp?] Why would you look in there?
Witness explains.
JB: That would include a discoloration at the base of the skull near the middle ear, that would suggest suffocation?

Objection. That's not in evidence!

JB: And if a pathologist finds it is the best way to look and find pathological findings, that would be fine for that professional in that field {to open the skull}?
That would be fine for any professional. It's an individual's professional decision.

SIDEBAR.

Sir, you did not do the cranial exam in this case?
No
And as part of your job you reviewed the autopsy report?
Again, a skeletal examination was done.
My question was, did you review the 23 pages of the autopsy by Dr. G ...?
How about the report of Dr. Goldberg?
No. I haven't read it.
You haven't read the autopsy report? Or toxicological report at all to tender your opinion?

Objection.
Sustained.

Will they put Cindy on the stand to discuss her "testimony"?

If I were SA, I would let the Gentiva witnesses speak for themselves without recalling CA. She would just spin another fairy tale that might be impossible to rebut this late in the game. . . .jmo. . .

Did you guys read the rules regarding closing statements just posted? ALL OF THEM were suggested by Baez and co., I'm sure of it. Especially 5 and 6.

Wow! This is moving so much faster than I thought it would!

Dr. Spitz said there was a discoloration that could be consistent with either drowning or suffocation I believe. Someone feel free to correct me.

A saline puddle of silt, imo. But yes, Spitz did say that.

When this trial is complete the same talking heads that loved JB will filet him when there is a guilty verdict.

JA: Is it considered ... are you aware of protocol requiring or recommending the opening of or sawing open of a skull?
No there is no protocol that I'm aware of.
Is it best practice to saw open a skull in a skeletal case?
No sir.

Is there a reason that sawing is not necessary or a bad idea?
You can look through the skull, into the skull. NO compelling reason to open it or saw it open.
Negative consequences, unnecessarily invasive.
Some object to view the inside of it?
A dental mirror or another small mirror.
Do you have a number of skulls under investigation presently, and have you found it necessary to saw open those skulls?
No.
Is there a reason to open it in children?
Children's skulls are more fragile and fractures can occur.

You mean like Dr. Spitz fractured it and didn't remember? Like that?

I thought they ran a keyword search on the Anthony's home computer for Chlorophyll and came up with NOTHING?

Did I miss that earlier? or is it still coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sazy3