2011.07.03 TRIAL Day Thirty-four - DEFENSE (JB) CLOSING ARGUMENTS

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jury returned to courtroom.

Defense called to continue.

JB: As laid out during the course of this trial, there is doubt here, there were some things that just do not add up. You learned how the Anthony family buried their heads. George however have a little amnesia. He seems to forget what Cindy and Lee clearly remember.

why did George never tell police about the way they buried their pets. Three years go by and there is no mention, there's a chance to save his daughter's life, why would somebody use three pieces of duct tape? One was found 6 1/2 feet away. You recall that it was said to be attached to the hair of Caylee. There was significant movement of bone, one was found under 4 inches of muck. it's also not reasonable to accept Georgians lies about this duct tape. I am in no way suggesting that George Anthony killed Caylee. There is no evidence of any murder in this case. And that has been our position from the very beginning. this was an accident that snowballed out of control.

Mr. Anthony has on numerous occasions had the opportunity to come up here and tell the truth, but given every opportunity he lied. He played games with the photographs. And he refused to be upfront and honest. This man doesn't have an ounce of paternal instinct in him. Not an ounce. this man came up here and almost with a bit of joy testified against his daughter. He didn't attempt to try to protect her. Even Cindy Anthony tried. Lee Anthony was at times the victim. You can see an ounce of that from George. Those were not the actions of the father. He actually smiled. He thought this was funny. And there were times when he broke down. I submit to you we had this young lady come tell you about his displays of affection. They told you that she said she had a brain tumor. she doesn't have a tumor. And he went to her apartment in the day and at night to console her? He has a woman at home to console. Cindy Anthony needed consoling. She kept their relationship private until the police came knocking at her door. That's when she ended up selling her story. He knew he could never deny he had been to taht apartment.
He lied to you. George cares about George, not about his daughter, not about his family, but about George. His suicide note is a self-serving document.

when the police are getting closer and closer to George Anthony gets a six pack of beer and chose some medication and he takes. This whole thing is about oh I'm sorry, that's what George is all about himself. He had a gun. The only reason he got a gun was to get Casey back in jail knowing there were not to be any firearms in the house. This is someone who knows better. These are the rules, the second they're broken she goes back to jail. He didn't care because George cares about George. This is a self-serving document, and it's more of George protecting George, and George throwing Casey under the bus.

It is not over, IMHO.

Remember, HHJP said if anybody did it again they would be dismissed from the remainder of this trial. Can JB get through the remainder of the trial?

:seeya:

did he just blame George for NOT committing suicide successfully???

thats freaking cold... hope he is never in a position to want to make that choice....

Yep just like they wanna blame Caylee for "drowning"!!:banghead:

LOL quick shot of JA shows his full hand across his mouth..he's being extra careful

Poor JA. I think Linda has him writing, "I will not laugh at JB" a thousand times on his legal pad. (Not that I blamed him, mind you, but he shouldn't have done it).

How much more time does JB have? I hope the jurors feel like I do. Like I just watched a nasty soap opera.

reginasmola Regina Smola
Is Baez trying to test George's strength again to see if he'll try to kill himself again. LEAVE HIM ALONE! #caseyanthony

LMAO. The board says "Defense Case" at the top and the only thing on it is a photo of River?

Hmm.... JB is pointing out GA & CA lie. That can't be good for the penalty phase eh?

How long did LE wait to see Casey's imaginary office at Universal?????

The time it took them to walk across the property .

As I said in a previous post she actually took them to MY office at Universal Studios( I work as a Paramedic at the Universal Studios) The office that she stopped at is an office where we perform OSHA mandated hearing tests for our ride and show mechanics. I work there every night from 11pm-7am.... I have joked before and said I could just see her coming down the hallway walking into my office and stating :seeya: I am here for my hearing test..................along with all these cops!!!!

Anyways, from our employee gate to my office is approximately 5 minutes. When she went in the doors of the building, she turned to the left went approximately 20' found the office door on the right closed and decided to tell LE that she did not work there. My question till this day; is how in the heck did she figure out to go this building . We have multiple office buildings on property and mine is the one she chose???

It was at that time they took her to a conference room at the opposite end of the hall to do further investigation.

Attachments

• ht_evidence_2_ll_110602_ssh.jpg
    ht_evidence_2_ll_110602_ssh.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 32
Poor George.

I noticed that Lippman has been sitting between GA and CA all day. Wonder if there are problems there with everything that has happened during this trial.
According to a tweet, Ca couldn't see behind a tall man so she switched seats with Lippman

ICA is "fake" crying that her family did not lie for her enough. Again, it is all about her for her. I wonder if she really ever thinks of Caylee. IMO.

Jose is starting to get emotional again. I think he's maybe a bit too invested in this, perhaps a little too close and losing his professional objectivity?

So JB is saying .... sorta, in a backwards kinda way ... CA & LA were truthful, at least as far as their desire to protect Casey ... but GA has lied about everything. Is that what he's saying?

I can't even explain how good I think JB is making sense. Holy Crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member