2011.07.04 Sidebar Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then that contradicts that CA cleaned the car with cleaners.
Maybe I'm mistaken but I'm under the impression that it's a known fact that CA used cleaner to get rid of the smell.

According to her testimony, CA cleaned (sprayed) the car with Febreze, which does NOT contain chloroform & put dryer sheets in it, which also do NOT contain chloroform either:waitasec:

I am REALLY shocked that potential jurors aren't asked if they can read lips~~~

I can answer the question highlighted...Some cars that are towed ARE just out of gas.

Yup, Casey had a habit of running out of gas. I don't see anything odd about George deciding to grab a gas can out of the shed, just in case. It's better than having to go back for it.

Yup, Casey had a habit of running out of gas. I don't see anything odd about George deciding to grab a gas can out of the shed, just in case. It's better than having to go back for it.

lol, i just loooooooove me some common sense, especially after LDB's closing today....

ooh, you're just like her

I don't believe in Chloroform theory. Household products contain chloroform. The traces of chloroform can be explained by CA's cleaning of car to get rid of the smell.
I think that was a fabrication by SA.

I don't believe it was a fabrication. If ICA did computer searches on how-to-make-chloroform along with neck-breaking and household-weapons, and then chloroform showed up in her trunk at shockingly high levels, then that's too bad for her. Why does anyone search those things innocently?

Ashton said in his closing: "KC maintains her lies until they absolutely cannot be maintained anymore." This reminds me of her friend, Kristina who calls Sports Authority and finds out she doesn't work there. When confronted by Kristina, KC still maintained she worked there. I guess she would have had to be brought to Sports Authority to stop lying about working there.

Why though after the police tell her they found out there's no Zenaida that ever lived at Sawgrass she still maintained that lie? Because they didn't bring her there to the manager?

lol, i just loooooooove me some common sense, especially after LDB's closing today....

ooh, you're just like her

Wow, that's quite a compliment, thank you. I only wish I were half as smart and sensible as she is.

Some are saying penalty phase could last up to two weeks if one of the highest charges is guilty...that might really affect the one juror even if her trip is July 17th, not 7th...

I hope they don't go for 2nd degree to avoid another phase of the trial...even if subconsciously...

This worries me too. I'm very sure those jurors are ready to go home. I can't see them all voting for a lesser charge to avoid having to stay longer due to the penalty phase of a 1st Degree verdict, but maybe one or two who want to hold out so they can go home.

How much longer could a penalty phase mean for them?

yes both of them should have done something. Tow guy probably just didn’t want to create trouble for himself. GA probably (was told by CA that he) needed to talk to ICA and figure it out. It was that night that CA called 911.
they wanted the out of there pronto!
then it hit them SB might call LE. They took it home put it in the garage(not sure why) GA took the battery oput of it so that ICA couldn't come and get the car and drive it off.Then went to work like a normal day. Thre was nothing normal about that day, or 6/16 or 6/15... CA called Lee and and said ICA is in trouble we found her car per Lee. ~ I bet Lee cleaned it up and CA srayed the febreeze cause the house waould have started getting odiferous!
Lee NEVER said she even mentioned Caylee did he ?
http://www.wftv.com/video/28443304/index.html

Look at just past the 2minute mark. C. Mason facial display and grinning. I didn't hear any loud declarations about that.

ya never point out a foul if you are on the same team!
you'll get :pcguru: in the locker room!!!

:angel2: ok Imma be nice about CA for the
rest of the night! karma and all! :whiteflag:

I don't believe it was a fabrication. If ICA did computer searches on how-to-make-chloroform along with neck-breaking and household-weapons, and then chloroform showed up in her trunk at shockingly high levels, then that's too bad for her. Why does anyone search those things innocently?

ITA and then delete those searches, only, when nothing had ever been deleted from the 4 yr old computer ever before, 10 minutes after Yuri left.

Watching all these TH's going through all of this stuff that we've been researching and following for three years is making me lose hope that this will be a quick verdict. I'm hoping I'm wrong - but if these people are supposed to be watching this and have so many varying opinions what's to say the jurors won't be faced with the same problems. Especially after you have the "tell me what the clock says" test by the judge.

I really need this to be over so I can get on w/ my life!!!!

I'm so tied to this case b/c my daughter is one year younger than Caylee was. Now older and with an infant girl watching this today brought me to tears. As difficult and hard as it is to be a parent...as much as I have those moments that I wish I could escape for a few hours, that someone would willfully take their child out of this world is heartbreaking.

I've seen it all - my first week on one job at a hospital was watching a young mom see her son one day shy of his first birthday die because of the abuse of her boyfriend seem annoyed that she had to come back for the body. I cried more for the loss of his life...Its all so mind-numbing and sad. I just want closure!!!!

This worries me too. I'm very sure those jurors are ready to go home. I can't see them all voting for a lesser charge to avoid having to stay longer due to the penalty phase of a 1st Degree verdict, but maybe one or two who want to hold out so they can go home.

How much longer could a penalty phase mean for them?

I'm sure the jurors want to do the right thing for Caylee, they won't agree to a lesser charge simply to avoid prolonging being sequestered. They've already invested too much time and they know that Casey can't be retried if they don't get it right.

Judges rarely go against a jury's recommendation. That's an insult to them, after all their discussions and deliberations. No one would want to serve if their recommendations were discarded. As KC would say "A waste, a huge waste..."

Then can "vacate" a verdict if the jury clearly disobeys instructions or the law...how a judge determines that is unclear though.

There will always be nagging concerns for me over that situation.

-How did GA "know" to bring gas with him to the tow yard?

-If he "knew" the car was out of gas, why did he try to crank it first?

-Why didn't Baez ask Burch, "Of the last 500 people who have come to your yard to pay several hundred dollars in towing charges, how many of them brought gas?"

-GA's an ex detective whose daughter and granddaughter are missing. He finds her car abandoned and towed, reeking of the smell of death. He simply rolls the windows down so he can stand to drive it home where his wife, who's a nurse and also knows the smell, can clean the trunk and wash the clothes in the car?

AND GEORGE JUST GOES TO WORK?

NEVER THINKS TO CALL LE?

Don't get me wrong, I'm completely convinced that ICA killed her child, but I can't give poor ole George a pass of not being complicit.

i have thought about this many times and it all comes down to monday morning quarterbacking or hindsight is 20/20. put yourself in their shoes, they have had contact with casey, she's lying to them, sure, but they don't know that yet. you smell death, you open the trunk and WHEW! no daughter or granddaughter. you start to convince yourself that your mind is playing tricks on you - you're over-reacting. what was i thinking? it's a self-preservation thing that in hindsight...wow, he was spot on! but in the moment, you're relieved to have not found what you knew you were going to find and you are more than happy to let someone else take over (cindy) so you can go back to something normal like work. :twocents:

I always wondered if ICA had texted or alluded to maybe CA that she ran out of gas...even though we get the whole story of being with JH and no sort of apparent communication, perhaps she left a vm for CA or some other means of communicating this prior to them picking the car up. Once they got the letter from the post office-I am sure they had to try and call ICA...the form letter stated the make and model of the car and the purpose of the notice. I know I would, unless I have recently been aware of the car being out of gas...ICA could spin a web o' lies too and I am sure she might have said oh it just ran out of gas and it accidentally got towed...

...plus that might also explain why GA went to work he knew she was with this guy, the story she supposedly purported to CA... although after it eroded at CA's mind after cleaning the clothes and trunk...mainly about the foul odor and not seeing proof of Caylee in the preceeding 31 days i.e. no photos, visits, etc...she finally decided to get the ball rolling...and found that number for AHuz. saga ensues...

Edited to add MY BAD! Apparently this was originally reported as being from while the child was missing, but was actually from 2003, before Casey was even born! No wonder we didn't see it at trial. D'oh!!

Original Post: Wow, just wandering through evidence, and I had completely forgotten about the journal she kept, including while Caylee was gone! Scary stuff, about brand no beginnings, no regrets but a bit worried, and how she's finally happy. UGH.

I'm not sure what you're talking about..Link please? :)

Uhmmm no.

And I can't imagine a lot of regular laypeople people have, until maybe after this came about ICA doing it.

It's not like ICA was an intellectual, science-minded geek. She was a party girl focused on clubbing and shopping. Cannot imagine any scenario in which she would type that in, unless for some reason she needed to make chloroform.

I suspect the Myspace comment triggered an idea in her mind, that if chloroform could be used in the commission of a date rape, it might also come in handy for keeping a little girl quiet and still.
I tried! there are 400000000 articles about casey anthony! you can't even find chloroform now. lol
so I went to industrial/forensic and scientific uses for chloro..
Ashton keeps saying how KC's reallly smart in his closing argument. I wonder where all her brains went when she kept lying to the police officers. I guess she was thinking she has to put all the lies in agreement with what she told her mother. What's strange though is she did thing about the future way back when she first begin her lies about Zanny. After the murder, she doesn't seem to think quite realistically think about her future and keeps lying.
my daughter watched the case with no prior knowledge. she tought she'd had a head injury or WAS mildly retarded and they were playing nice so she can't appeal- I haven't told her jack! YET!
That's ONE reason she is such an <mod snip>...If she wanted someone to steal the smelly car, why did'nt she leave the keys in it? I really don't think many know how to "hot wire a car"..lol, although it happens on TV......:floorlaugh:
drive it into a lake? I think the might be one or two around there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stevewho