2011.07.04 State Closing Argument Rebuttal Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, this is slightly OT but I'm curious. If Casey is found guilty, and her parents visit her in jail, do you think the media will still request and release those videos?

I'm dying to see how those convos will go.

It has been said that it takes a Village to raise a child...

We ALL, gathered together & virtual strangers, thru these horrendous circumstances, have become a Village to mourn & weep for this beautiful child whose life was extinguished by the ONE person who should have laid down her life & died to protect her. She was far too selfish & self absorbed to see what a precious gift that God had given to her, that's more than apparent....
WE, as a Village, have also come together, along with many other people around the globe, to seek JUSTICE for Caylee..... My one hope out of all of this is that her beautiful & innocent soul knows only peace & that swift justice will be brought upon the person who threw her away like trash. As CA once stated, "Caylee belonged to all of us" Indeed she did, as she has touched all of our lives in a significant way, otherwise we would not all be here, fighting & praying for Justice for this little girl that we have fought for as if she was our own. My heartfelt prayers go out to each and every one of you, to the jurors during their difficult deliberations, to the SAO, HHJP & every other person who came forward to fight for justice for Caylee. As hard as this is for me to say this, I even pray for ICA, specifically that regardless of what transpires on this earth, that God will have mercy on her soul..... May you all know & feel peace during the duration of the time that the jury deliberates.

Very well said

JP just mentioned "spite". As in "Maybe I'm just a spiteful b*"?

I do wish they had brought that statement in. but, good grief i guess they couldn't bring in all the negatives. way too many. jmo

AmandaOberWESH Amanda Ober
#caseyanthony Will we get a verdict today? It's HIGHLY unlikely. Jury will have lunch and once deliberations start need to elect foreman

Just think, today is the 1st day that the jurors will get the chance to talk to one another about the trial.
They have been holding their feelings inside all this time.
Im praying for them

I also feel bad for the alternates! They don't know they're not going to get to deliberate. :(

As he's reading about manslaughter, wouldn't finding a drowning victim and NOT calling 911 be negligent and therefore manslaughter?

And we owe it all to the DT for complaining about Judge Strickland enough for him to step aside and allow Chief Judge B. Perry to take over and move this right along. The DT tried as hard as they could to delay justice but they were no match for the Judge, the SA and we the public. We were all able to see through the smoke screens and we all stayed focused on seeking justice!

yes we do need to thank dt for several gifts.

KARMA can be a spiteful ***** too

Okay, this is slightly OT but I'm curious. If Casey is found guilty, and her parents visit her in jail, do you think the media will still request and release those videos?

I'm dying to see how those convos will go.

If she's found guilty she's never going to let them visit her.

I really hope there aren't any jurors like my DH right now. He does believe she did it one hundred percent, BUT for him it is all about the concrete evidence. He says because it is just circumstantial and no absolute proof she did it, that leads to reasonable doubt. As much as he would hate it, he would have to say NAY, even though he feels she is guilty.
Circumstantial evidence can still result in a guilty verdict. See Scott Peterson. Like Bill S said, there was MUCH less actual evidence in Scott Peterson case, and he's sitting on death row. One juror in that case said that him not testifying, although not supposed to mean much, really didn't sit well with him.
This jury knows that circumstantial evidence is allowed to result in a guilty verdict, especially if they believe 100% that she did it. They just need to make sure there is no REASONABLE doubt, and the 'doubt' that the Defense has provided is, as LDB and JA pointed out, NOT reasonable. It's ABSURD.

I hope so too! Does he need a videotape of her actually murdering Caylee? Does he realize most murders are not witnessed? Preponderance of the evidence is what leads to guilt. She's guilty as the day is long.

The ONLY ting I can say in his defense is he has only seen little snippets and not watched or followed anythign for the last 3 years. I just now explained the tattoo and the hot body contest to him...he didn't know about those. I still wouldn't want him on this jury :banghead:

She needs to go to general population!

I wholeheartedly agree. I think the needle is too humane for her (and for anyone who kills a child). Let the general population take care of her (and they would, believe me) MOO

I am way too much of a visual learner for these oral instructions. If I was a juror, I would surely need to read and reread them during delibrations.

I am on my way to the park for a 4 th of July get together with friends. I wonder how many of the women folk will be on verdict watch with me? DH just asked me if I was going to be reading my phone all night. I said Duh!!

Oh no, I don't like the way this culpable negligence sounds.

If she's found guilty she's never going to let them visit her.

I believe that and won't be surprised if that does happen, but just incase... I need to know what they will say to each other. lol

KC sitting there like stone...thinking...."I hope I get bologna sammie today!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member