2011.07.05 Sidebar Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yah, what upsets me even more is that during the trial he kept saying that ICA is guilty as sin.... I just don't get it at all!

well im not sure what the jury will come back with either. I know she will be found gulity, but I dont know if she will get the DP. I argue with my husband cause he believes she guilty, but think there is reasonable doubt. I had to explain it to him what reasonable doubt means and that you do not have to prove how a person is killed only that one person killed another. I think a lot of people dont understand the law and think all kinds of things. I gave my DH the smackdown cause he doesnt know what he is talking about. I aint afraid to argue. I just tell him 31 days doesnt make sense and what person does that?

People talk about compassion. I have not an ounce of compassion for people who kill children or abuse animals. Nope sorry.

Vinnie is on InSession / TruTV right now covering the case ...

Maybe we should get in touch with the psychic and ask her when the verdict will come in and what it will be. She seems to have all the answers.
lol.

Will they be able to interview the jurors after the verdict or will they remain sequestered/incognito until they do the penalty phase?
They'll remain sequestered if they convict her of murder 1. If not then it's my understanding they'll go home, and that HHJP will handle the sentencing.

They may think they would meet with the press even with a Murder 1 conviction...they may not realize they cannot until after penalty phase.

I'm wondering how much they know about the penalty phase and sequestration. I hope they don't know that if they find her guilty of 1st degree
murder that they have to stay sequestered b/c I'm afraid that might weigh into their decision. I'm worried about that. IMO, they should not be told about that.

What is it about "her hands" that bother me? Every time I see them, I have a weird feeling??

Her hands just seem evil and give me the creeps. They look like they murdered Caylee.......

I don't want to read too much into their attire. Maybe they want to be dressed up when the verdict is read, even if it's guilty of murder 1. IDK, I know that if I was making a decision that huge, I wouldn't want to stand before the accused casually dressed.

Maybe some jurors just need to get caught up on laundry?

I hadn't realized jurors did not need to be unanimous on either pre-meditated or felony child abuse. I think it helps that they can believe one or the other.

I'm wondering how much they know about the penalty phase and sequestration. I hope they don't know that if they find her guilty of 1st degree
murder that they have to stay sequestered b/c I'm afraid that might weigh into their decision. I'm worried about that. IMO, they should not be told about that.

I think they know! JMO

Now I'm confused, yesterday I found a site that 12 hrs and just now I found a site that 7 days..........can anyone else confirm verdict time for SP? :)

The Peterson jury was given the case at 3:05 p.m. 11/3/2004. The verdict was read at 4:00 p.m. 11/12/2004. So 9 days, 55 minutes.

Two jurors were replaced during deliberations. It took the final jurors approximately 12 hours to deliberate.

I got this info by going back to the Peterson forum here on Websleuths.

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15414"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15989"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

lol now the rumor is July 14 for the juror with plans...

the lady with vacation plans to Europe on the 17th did not make it on the jury..she was dismissed during selection process.

Robin M. just said that if you go to the hln website, they have the instructions given to the jury.

I'll go over and get the url in case anyone wants to see it....

Bill S. answered a question I had asked on the lawyer's thread about those 84 chloroform searches. Remember Baez stood up during State's closing arguments and said they had evidence the information was not correct? Bill S. said is it anything, who knows? He said they would bring it up on appeal and it would be decided at that time. He talked about a case where erroneous info caused a verdict to be overturned.

ITA. IDK, maybe I didn't write this correctly. I know exactly what is what and who is who but my parents do not. Neither does the Jury. I so wish we could all go and explain all this to them, but that is not how or system works.
The Jury is starting with a clean plate. They only know what is presented before them, they only see what is in front of them. With that, they will come to a decision. My point is that I believe the DT did a good job at portraying themselves as inadequate, when in fact they are not. My conversation with my parents opened my eyes to what a jury may or may not see.
I am certainly biased knowing all that I know and I have no doubt of ICA's guilt. I just pray the Jury is able to see past the garbage and come to the right decision.

If your parents just started watching this case, then they don't know as much as the jury knows. They haven't observed JB and ICA in court. I wouldn't worry about their opinions if I were you.

Question......when or do we get to see the jury? TIA

Maybe some jurors just need to get caught up on laundry?

I hadn't realized jurors did not need to be unanimous on either pre-meditated or felony child abuse. I think it helps that they can believe one or the other.
Yeah, it really could be as simple as that. I don't want to compound my agony by dissecting their clothing choice.

I better run to chiropractor. insessions saying they beleive verdict today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay