2011.07.05 Sidebar Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone notice any other family support for the A's in the courtroom? I didn't see or hear about any other family from the GA side, the CA side no friends to support the A's.

Not shocked; repulsed.

And no, not all really good defense attorney's put the victim on trial, and ruin the lives of innocent bystanders - just the amoral ones.

My opinions...

Well repulsed I can understand. I was just saying that how JB has defended CA is nothing no other defense attorney would have done. That is the key to my point. Some act like what JB has done in the courtroom is unique. It's not. Even the being a media leech isnt shocking either!!! A lot of lawyers have ego. Like i've said before no attorney taking this case was doing it out of some noble purpose. It's the case of a lifetime. It could make ones career.

Also, how else are they suppose to create reasonable doubt? You have to muddy the waters. You have to show that the your client is innocent and it may seem amoral to some, but I think thats just the way it is in court. Once again I'm shocked that Sleuthers see it so personally. I have yet to hear of any criminal trial where either the plea is not guilty or they try to turn the tables on the victim in some way shape or form. Child cases are different of course, but so many killers either claim they either didnt do it, were abused themselves, or innocent due to insanity. That's defense 101.

And sorry Florida Native, but that is the system we have. Like it or not thats how it works.

O/T:

I think I may be a horrible mother. My mother never took me to the gyno. I went myself when I was 18 for birth control pills. I never took my daughter to the gyno either though I did take her to many doctor appts as she was growing up. She is now 23 and obviously makes her own doctor appts now. But I'm feeling weird now that I never insisted she see the gyno though we've always been very open about talking about everything.

I am now 28, and have never been taken by my mother to the ObGyn, either. She took me to the pediatrician till I was 18, to the peds surgeon when I had chronic appendicitis (age 14), to the shrink (many years), and even to the hospital when I had an eating disorder...but never to the ObGyn. When I went off to college at 18, I started taking care of that for myself, and I've turned out ok so far. :) I also didn't find it traumatic, though. /shrug

I dont know if correct forum for this comment and it had probally been noted before.. I got a kick of of ICA shirt yesterday on the big judgement day.. it was pinstriped but it was symbolic of bars.. that is the first thing I noticed and thought OMG why would she wear that.. bars as in prison bars immediatley came to mind.

Can someone please slip a note to the jury? LG asks they not return a verdict for half an hour because she has to walk her very anxious pups?

Thanks so much. They seem like a nice bunch - I'm sure they will understand.
Not fair!! I need equal time at noon for much needed nail appt! I am really afraid I will miss an hour and a half of news!!

I am going to be totally shocked if the jury comes back with a verdict today, shocked, totally ..................

If you are talking about Scott P. it was 31 hours over 9 days...in total. At least that is what I am finding...

I was wondering about the SP trial...every website seems to have differing info. One site said 12 hours deliberations, total.

TeamNancyHLN
Juror 2: During jury selection, said he could not find someone guilty. Will he hold up the process in the #CaseyAnthony deliberations? #HLN

WFTV is replaying LDB's closing masterpiece. The part about whether Casey was an amazing mother and how every baby loves the mother has me bawling everytime I listen to it. Caylee was no ordinary little girl. She was really something special. How SWEETLY she asked her great grandpa whether he was tired. Of course Caylee ran to her mother. She didn't know.........

Not fair!! I need equal time at noon for much needed nail appt! I am really afraid I will miss an hour and a half of news!!

I have a doctor's appointment out of town, so I'm going to be gone for at least seven hours this afternoon.... SCREAMING!!!!!!

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

WS discussions talked about this in detail on the chloroform threads. At the upper right corner of the page is a search engine.

Why didn't the state call her? The jury needed to know this info but my guess is they were worried she's also very pro-ICA..It still would've been worth the risk tho. imho

After being here from the beginning, agonizing over Caylee for 3 years, watching the lies from George and Cindy and Lee, watching the smirking and antics in court from JB and his media appearances....many, many media appearances...lying....excuse me, please, from seeing the humor or cuteness of anything JB does.

What he and his client have tried to do to the Ant family and to the memory of Caylee is not funny to me. What ICA did to Caylee is not amusing to me. Coming here and seeing post after post about family members thinking ICA is innocent....family members who haven't even followed the trial. News from HLN?? Please..:innocent: And, posts about how ICA won't be found guilty, state has no case, JB is wonderful and hard working and cute and adorable.....

Caylee was found with 3 strips of duct tape covering her nose and mouth. Her tiny bones were scattered throughout a swampy trash dump. Her bones had been gnawed on by animals. Pardon me, but that is what is consuming my thoughts.....I'll leave the humor and how cute JB is to others. Rant over....have a nice day.

Thank you, Amster! The thanks button wasn't enough. You posted what I've been feeling.
I don't see anything cute or funny about this case...never will.

I wish that the SP had brought up, in the closing argument, another one of ICA lies. The one in which she claims that she had just spoken to Caylee on July 15. This was a complete fabrication that has been proven through phone records etc.
Since this is included in her statement to the police and in her interview at Universal, I assume they figured since it is in these...no reason to bring it up.
I just wish that they had.

I believe this is the 4th of the Felony lying to LE charges and it states: "The Grand Jurors of the County of Orange, duly called, impaneled and sworn to inquire and true presentment make in and for the body of the County of Orange, upon their oaths do present that CASEY MARIE ANTHONY, on the 16th day of July, 2008, in said County and State, did, in violation of Florida Statute 837.055, knowingly and willfully give false information to YURI MELICH, a law enforcement officer with the ORANGE COUNTY SHERIFF, who was conducing a missing person investigation, with the intent to mislead YURI MELICH or impede his investigation, to wit: that CASEY MARIE ANTHONY received a phone call from the child CAYLEE MARIE ANTHONY on July 15, 2008 at approximately 12:00 p.m."

http://www.christianpost.com/news/c...are-the-possible-sentences-casey-faces-51862/

Is it just me or is anyone else nervous, constantly wondering what the jury is discussing, how many of them are going against the grain.

I want a verdict now.. every hour that passes I keep taking it as bad news that they are actually considering that she is not quilty. I am on pins and needles.. worried

SHerry, I have noticed that I am very prone to tearing up and getting choked up/emotional over reeeaaaallly silly things since closing statements started.

O/T:

I think I may be a horrible mother. My mother never took me to the gyno. I went myself when I was 18 for birth control pills. I never took my daughter to the gyno either though I did take her to many doctor appts as she was growing up. She is now 23 and obviously makes her own doctor appts now. But I'm feeling weird now that I never insisted she see the gyno though we've always been very open about talking about everything.

My mother never took me to the gyno either and it was the same way with most of my female friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LoriVee