2011.07.05 Sidebar Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But if we dont have law and order then what option do we have?? Someone has to judge, prosecute, or defend thats our system. I just sense a lot of people coming down on hard on the law and lawyers but dont offer an alternative.
Yes, and I'm not railing against the system. I'm making a personal observation about people within the system.
Also, lets say Casey gets life in prision or the death penalty. Then dont we celebrate the law and how justice was served?? Didnt most on websleuths herald Ashton as angel and speaking for Caylee. Am I to be so jaded to think that Ashton and Linda are just self serving people who care only about themselves??? Cause if it applies to the defense team then the same must be for the prosecution as well?? right?
Of course it does, as I have already said. Slimy lawyers can either be defense lawyers, or prosecutors. And whatever opinion you have of Ashton and Linda is your own business; I don't care. I'm discussing a lawyer attitude I find reprehensible. If Ashton and Linda exhibit that, then my opinion applies to them too.
Just like in the hood. Everyone hates the police and they are pigs, but once some crackhead breaks into your house then OMG call the police!! Or down with the military, but if the Taliban lands in Texas then OMG get the Army down here now!!
Unsupported assertion. It's impossible that every single person in the hood hates cops and thinks they're pigs. Hyperbole to claim everyone.
There are good lawyers and bad ones IMO, but I try to get in their corner most times cause I know its their job and one day you may never know when you might be in court. Or someone close to you.
Sure, and I recognise the contradiction in myself. I don't try to defend it; I embrace myself, even my contradictions. Life is full of them. Humans are quirky like that.

Slimy lawyers should do the same. They should just say, 'Yes, I use slimy tactics, but I don't care, it's legal. Others may get ruined, but I'm just doing my job.'

I could respect that. Be proud.

I've never, ever had a lawyer tell me that. They always obfuscate and deflect with a comment 'But the system...', which seems cowardly to me.

Rose, This really bothers me for some reason, because all they have is their notebooks, and some didn't even take notes...

its not a requirement for them to request testimony and evidence to reach a verdict.. yes, it d be helpful..........

I'm feeling like the one thing that is clear is that the jurors don't all agree on the charges...so they did not all walk out of there thinking "first-degree" IMO...

Thank you for posting this. I was hoping to hear from some defense attorneys. I don't believe that "anything" should be permissable in this justice system to get a client off. That is not safeguarding our justice system.
Protecting defendants from overzealous prosecutors and LE that is unethical and too interested in producing results, regardless of truth, is what attorneys need to guard against. Not just lying to try to create reasonable doubt. We are all interested in justice, right?

It's Jose Baez' client who has ruined lives, not Baez.

Murphy's Law will strike me again. Tomorrow I have to go over to the hospital for a B12 shot and blood tests at 10:00 a.m. Then I'm taking a friend to lunch for her birthday.

So yep, the verdict will be sometime between 9:45 and 2:00 tomorrow.

Darn, I've always hated that guy Murphy, lol

Just to keep you busy while waiting....

http://www.murphys-laws.com/

Murphy sure had a lot of laws. :floorlaugh: Most of them true.

I am so eager to remove KC's (Casey Anthony) sickening voice from my mind after this trial is over. I will listen to KC (Karen Carpenter!) over and over again so my mind is filled with a beautiful, angelic voice and the voice of an evil sociopath can be erased.

InSession
Mason and Frye have entered the courthouse. What are they gathering at the courthouse for? Turn into @InSession to find out!

InSession
Linda Drane Burdick enters the courthouse. @caseyanthony Could there be a verdict? Watch live on @InSession to find out!

They have all the evidence with them. They can as questions, not for (more) evidence.

as i posted youtubes of one more nite and listened to it i for first time teared up and thought its the time of angels watching and waiting. please help caylee cause she too will know the world is helpless to decide . only 12 jurors or judge decides. if casey dies death penalty will heaven help her to shed a tear for caylee once and for all? that song did me in -one more night!!

It's OK. The jury has all the evidence with them, except for video. There is no video equipment in the jury room, so if they want to view a video they have to request that it be played for them in the courtroom.

I'm sure they are reviewing the evidence in the room with them; they just haven't asked for any videos.

:doh: thank you... I was panicking for nothing, now I can go back to panicking about what the verdict is going to be....

You know how we are all tense waiting for this verdict in this case. Just stop and think for a moment that most trial prosecutors and most defense attorneys have many criminal cases going on at the same time. They have huge caseloads. This case just happens to have a lot of media attention. Just wanted to take a moment to appreciate these dedicated attorneys and their support staff members.

attornies entering courthouse.....here I go again

Breaking news

Thank you so much for posting this - I hadn't heard this and I appreciate you posting it - and yes, agree - this case has been about Baez and his self promotion. We watched him complain for 2.5 years about the case being tried in the media, and all he did was spend his time in the media talking about the case, instead of actually doing some work.:banghead:

You're welcome.

I think the biggest indicator that this is about Baez' self-promotion is the fact that if this was an accidental drowning (of course it was NOT), then what other reason would he have to let his client sit in prison for 3 years and NEVER approach LE or the State's Attorneys about what really happened?

Who does that?

I'm feeling like the one thing that is clear is that the jurors don't all agree on the charges...so they did not all walk out of there thinking "first-degree" IMO...

I'm good with that. It also means they did not all walk out of there thinking "not guilty" either. Works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chernobyl_Werewolf