2011.07.06 Sidebar Thread (Post-Verdict)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone with more knowledge on this please correct me or follow-up, but I've personally looked into emigrating to Europe and it's HARD. KC will always be a felon. I don't think she can.

She can get a visitor's visa, but it's up to each individual country to let her in.

There are many countries who will still allow her in though - she just won't have her pick.

If she ever comes to the UK, I'm leaving!

Jeff Ashton will be on In Session at 2:00 today for a hour long interview with Beth K. .

IIRC..............she has already done the time for the check fraud. Each count of lying carries 1 year. Four years, time off for good behavior.......she's walking Thursday unless someone comes up with some "creative sentencing".

Yeah, I think she walks too. Sucks but it is what it is.

And I would bet CA would come out the winner. CA & GA were the ones that provided for Caylee. I'm sure it was CA's camera that took the pictures. Therefore making them CA's photos.

Not a copyright lawyer - but a photographer and these issues come up quite often in my life.

Photos belong to the person who pushed the button to take them - regardless of who owns the camera. When the photo is of a recognizable person - usage rights belong to the person shown unless an agreement has been signed allowing use of their image (aka a "model release")

Images of minors belong to their legal parent or guardian - regardless of who took the photo. They cannot be used or sold without permission. KC would win.

:sick:

RAMclrfnl-070611-casey-IBD.jpg

We can only hope and pray that the judge gives her the maximum sentence on each count. But after yesterday, something tells me not to get my hopes up.

Does JP think she's not guilty? He didn't overrule the jury's verdict so I guess he feels they made the right decision.

If JP did the right thing, she could still get close to 20 years time for the lying to LE charges. At this point, I'd be happy with her getting 10 years. Anything but letting her walk out of prison this week.

According to JVM on HLN right now, ICA was served papers last night in jail from ZFG regarding the defamation case.... Also, Vivid entertainment has put an offer out there for her to do an *ahem* adult entertainment flick.... And so it begins

I'm not surprised over the "adult" flick-said to my husband last night that it was the one and only job she would ever be able to get. I said more about that but it isn't fit for consumption. Guess I am surprised I think like a *advertiser censored* company. :eek:

I awoke at 3am and couldn't go back to sleep. Haven't been able to face turning on the tv, but was glad to be able to get on WS-was impossible yesterday. My sweet dh told me to take whatever time I need to get over this. He and my 13yo dd were outraged as well.

Oh.My.Gosh.

Not sure if I can post the link of not, am trying to verify if the Vivid Ent offer is true, but just ran across this on TMZ, it was posted @ 12:16 this morning :banghead:

Hours after she was found not guilty of murdering her 2-year-old daughter Tuesday, Vivid Entertainment honcho Steve Hirsch called up Casey's lawyer, Jose Baez, to discuss the possibility of a business relationship.

Hirsch tells TMZ ... "Whether you agree with the verdict or not, Casey will want to move forward with her life and has a right to make a living. It’s not going to be easy for her and we believe we can help her make the transition into a new life."

No word on how much Hirsch is willing to pony up ... but he thinks there's a realistic chance ... noting, "We’ve all seen the pictures of her partying and having a good time with friends where she definitely looks hot."

So far, Hirsch has yet to hear back from Anthony's lawyer ... but he says, “I’m sure Baez and Casey are celebrating today, but I’m hoping to connect with him very soon.”

Baez will be on 20/20 in an exclusive interview tonight with Barbara Walters.

According to JVM on HLN right now, ICA was served papers last night in jail from ZFG regarding the defamation case.... Also, Vivid entertainment has put an offer out there for her to do an *ahem* adult entertainment flick.... And so it begins

:sick:

This is the first time I've been able to get on here without being kicked off every two minutes. Fortunately, I was able to blow off some steam with some FB friends yesterday.

I'm pretty much over my anger about this verdict, though I do believe the jury is at fault, and I will never be willing to give them a pass over it.

I think the State did an excellent job. Unfortunately, we live in a society of 2 minute attention spans and people getting their knowledge of how our criminal and judicial systems work from fictional television shows. I really thought the jury would not turn in a verdict before Friday, and had they actually spent some time on this case reviewing the evidence, I still would have been angry and upset, but I would also have been able to think the jury and I just viewed the evidence differently. Now all I can think is the only time the jury 'tuned in' was when Baez was waving his arms around and making preposterous claims in a loud voice. Good for them, I'm so glad they took this case of the homicide and disposal of a 2-year-old child seriously...NOT.

My son, who I would have said before yesterday knew no more about this case than his mother was obsessed with it, was also upset with the verdict. We had several discussions about it yesterday, where IMO he had some very intelligent and well-thought out views on the Anthony family dynamics and what happened to Caylee. Too bad he wasn't on the jury.

Any guesses as to when or if the jurors will talk to the media? I'd like to see someone ask them some very pointed questions.

We can only hope and pray that the judge gives her the maximum sentence on each count. But after yesterday, something tells me not to get my hopes up.

Does JP think she's not guilty? He didn't overrule the jury's verdict so I guess he feels they made the right decision.

If JP did the right thing, she could still get close to 20 years time for the lying to LE charges. At this point, I'd be happy with her getting 10 years. Anything but letting her walk out of prison this week.

He couldn't overrule the verdict, only if it was "guilty" and he knew the evidence to reach that verdict wasn't there. His hands were tied at that point. And the lying charges are considered 4 misdemeanors, no way he could make 20 years out of those charges. She MAY have to do an additional year or so...

Baez will be on 20/20 in an exclusive interview tonight with Barbara Walters.

:puke:

I won't be watching. I won't buy or enable any of these people in making a single penny off of this insanity.

This is the first time I've been able to get on here without being kicked off every two minutes. Fortunately, I was able to blow off some steam with some FB friends yesterday.

I'm pretty much over my anger about this verdict, though I do believe the jury is at fault, and I will never be willing to give them a pass over it.

I think the State did an excellent job. Unfortunately, we live in a society of 2 minute attention spans and people getting their knowledge of how our criminal and judicial systems work from fictional television shows. I really thought the jury would not turn in a verdict before Friday, and had they actually spent some time on this case reviewing the evidence, I still would have been angry and upset, but I would also have been able to think the jury and I just viewed the evidence differently. Now all I can think is the only time the jury 'tuned in' was when Baez was waving his arms around and making preposterous claims in a loud voice. Good for them, I'm so glad they took this case of the homicide and disposal of a 2-year-old child seriously...NOT.

My son, who I would have said before yesterday knew no more about this case than his mother was obsessed with it, was also upset with the verdict. We had several discussions about it yesterday, where IMO he had some very intelligent and well-thought out views on the Anthony family dynamics and what happened to Caylee. Too bad he wasn't on the jury.

Lanie-I so agree with your point about fictional tv shows, and I would include movies-even those based on real cases. I always roll my eyes when I see attorneys on these things giving speeches and a hundred other things one can't do in real court. And I commented to my family several times that JB was acting like he was in some fictional tv show: slipping in all kinds of inappropriate comments, testifying, his demeanor of drama. Silly me I didn't think the jury would buy it. Silly, silly me.

Not sure if I can post the link of not, am trying to verify if the Vivid Ent offer is true, but just ran across this on TMZ, it was posted @ 12:16 this morning :banghead:

Hours after she was found not guilty of murdering her 2-year-old daughter Tuesday, Vivid Entertainment honcho Steve Hirsch called up Casey's lawyer, Jose Baez, to discuss the possibility of a business relationship.

Hirsch tells TMZ ... "Whether you agree with the verdict or not, Casey will want to move forward with her life and has a right to make a living. It’s not going to be easy for her and we believe we can help her make the transition into a new life."

No word on how much Hirsch is willing to pony up ... but he thinks there's a realistic chance ... noting, "We’ve all seen the pictures of her partying and having a good time with friends where she definitely looks hot."

So far, Hirsch has yet to hear back from Anthony's lawyer ... but he says, “I’m sure Baez and Casey are celebrating today, but I’m hoping to connect with him very soon.”
\

BBM

Looks like Steve Hirsch knows his audience as I can't believe anyone would want to see this woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stevewho