2011.07.06 Sidebar Thread (Post-Verdict)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Say, I was just thinking...

Didn't JB's daily "Good morning, ladies and gentlemen of the Jury..." REMIND y'all of something? ...of SOMEONE???

"Good morning, Mrs. Cleaver. That dress looks really pretty."

hmmmm..... :waitasec:

I think what happened is that the jury, for whatever reason, did not "bond" with the prosecutors. They came across in a harsh way, were condescending with witnesses when they did not need to be, and seemed overly confident. JB reminded them that they did not have to buy what the state was selling, giving them an "out." And they took it.

Hi Cluciano,

This part of your post was perfect timing for me.
Yesterday evening my cousin (my age) came by to drop off a rocking chair and of course we started discussing the verdict.
My Cousin said very much the same thing you said and I made a post about it under another topic.
After a little bit of arguing back and forth with my cousin, I went to YouTube to look up some of the things he mentioned......as to why the jury didn't bond with the Pros.
Seems I missed a lot when it came to body language of the Pros.......body language that very well could have 'turned off' the jury to the Pros.

Oh, here is my post from yesterday:
(I apologize.....I don't know how to link just one post.)

My cousin (my age) just left my house. Came by to drop off a rocking chair for my Mom.
Of course the verdict was discussed. Cuz, me, my Mom, my Dad, my 37 yr.old son.

My Cousin's thoughts on the jury decision.....I can't type it word for word but I will type it as I remember it.
Remember, don't shoot the messenger!
~~~~~~~~~~~~
We are all human. Even if we are told we have to disregard all emotional, biased opinions of the defendant, judge or attorneys, it can't be done....we are human. Those feelings are going to be there no matter how hard we try to stifle them.

The jury took a dislike to the PT from day one and PT never did anything to endear themselves back with the jury.

The Jurors, from the beginning, saw the UnderDog (Jose) being beat up on. People will gravitate to the Underdog.
The Jurors saw Mr. Ashton daily, with what they perceived was a cocky 'I'm better than you' attitude.
The biggest no-no: LDB sat daily, when she was not at the podium, with her arms crossed, leaning back in her chair, very snooty position.
Whereas Jose smiled at the jurors all the time (no matter how fake anyone feels it was), LDB never smiled at them. Never made them feel as if they were important enough.
When she gave her Closing (although excellent in word), she almost talked down to them. Body language toward the jury was horrible. Pointing her finger toward them, never ever making them feel they were important.
LDB reading from notes during closing made the jurors feel like it was scripted, like the facts weren't important enough to know by heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So I was just at YouTube and scanned a few vids.
I noticed LDB was leaning back in her chair, arms crossed. Never noticed that during the trial.
I'm going to go look for some more vids regarding the other things cousin brought up.

~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't know that. :/

Ashton is on now.

I'm not referring to ABC's morning shows (or any other news outlets), I'm talking about ABC's 20/20 program. AFAIK the morning news programs pay for trip/lodging expenses + license fees for pics.

I think HHJP was very pleased with the verdict. He did what he could to help JB. And, of course, his good friend, golfing buddy, CM. Sure would like to know why he had such disdain for JA. He sure let the jury know he didn't like him very much.....and, since he basically hand picked the jury....they responded to him as planned.

Justice system? Really? Justice for whom?? The defense attys.??

Dear WS Family,

I am so glad to have this sidebar thread. I couldn't get on WS at all yesterday after the verdict but was speechless anyway. It is nice to be here today with my WS family and read all your thoughts.

I remember 'riding' with Murt back in the day. He came across GA one day at a location that GA was considering putting up a KF tent. GA told Murt that he would give him an interview the following day but he didn't. Just another Anthony telling lies I guess.

Tulessa, Blade is a very handsome boy! Please stay positive for your brother and I hope your family receives justice for his murder. All of you WS family will be here for you!

For myself, I am going to catch up on things I have neglected around the house during this trial. Beginning with that piece of art a client commissioned and paid for in advance!

As for the verdict, I am disappointed. DBF opined that he didn't feel there was enough evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt and I blew him off. I said she will at least get MS! He said he felt if it was simple MS and not agg. MS he might be able to consider it. He also questioned why she wasn't charged with abuse of a corpse. I found his opinion interesting as he hasn't followed this case like us sleuths have. He consoled me during my crying jag after the verdict, then said, 'We have some Tequila left over from the 4th, would you like a shot?' lol! (BTW, I said yes!)

Little Caylee is an angel who brought us all together here and I have met many new friends and I am grateful for that. I am also grateful that she is with our Lord in Heaven where she will never be hurt or betrayed again here on earth.

Maybe we will see justice in the next case we follow where a little one has been denied the right to life. I'll never give up hope for victims to receive the justice they deserve!

wm

I'm not referring to ABC's morning shows (or any other news outlets), I'm talking about ABC's 20/20 program. AFAIK the morning news programs pay for trip/lodging expenses + license fees for pics.

I know. I just didn't realize that about 20/20. :/

Since the verdict was read (and after I had time to calm down) I have been searching the inner crevices of my mind (and reading as much as I can here at WS) trying to understand the reasons for the verdict.
Then I remembered that during closing, something stuck in my head.
Maybe someone can give me some opinions on this:

When Mr. Ashton was closing, he was talking about the duct tape that was over Caylee's face.
His words were very powerful, he used his hands on his own face to demonstrate the placing of the tape.
His hand went sideways over the mouth.....hand moved up a bit and made the same gesture in the same direction. But then, for the third piece of tape, his hand moved over his left (if I remember correctly) eye and he brought his hand down almost in a diagonal direction ....from the eye, down the nose then to right corner of mouth area.

Maybe it's true that all three pieces of tape weren't over the mouth/nose area?
It's a moot point now.
But for it to stick in my head, I thought I'd ask anyone else if they saw that and what they thought of it since according to the Pros, the duct tape was the murder weapon and all three pieces were supposedly over her mouth.

Just to be clear: No Duct Tape should be anywhere near the body of a dead baby.

Now that it is over, I really really want to see the video of Casey when Caylee's body skeleton was found.

I think HHJP was very pleased with the verdict. He did what he could to help JB. And, of course, his good friend, golfing buddy, CM. Sure would like to know why he had such disdain for JA. He sure let the jury know he didn't like him very much.....and, since he basically hand picked the jury....they responded to him as planned.

Justice system? Really? Justice for whom?? The defense attys.??

Also, Judge Perry told this jury they would be over by July 4th and they were. He missed it by 1/2 day. Truly amazing.:innocent:

Baez will be on 20/20 in an exclusive interview tonight with Barbara Walters.

Yeah, I'm not watching THAT. I expect him and the DT to be all over the news celebrating, CM blaming everyone but his client, etc. I will NOT be a party to that.

Not only so I vow that ICA will never make a penny off of me, nor will any member of her DT or that group of people called the jury.

They just showed DS jumping up and down in the bar they went to celebrate-how disgusting!
I did turn the tv off and it will stay off!!

Hi Cluciano,

This part of your post was perfect timing for me.
Yesterday evening my cousin (my age) came by to drop off a rocking chair and of course we started discussing the verdict.
My Cousin said very much the same thing you said and I made a post about it under another topic.
After a little bit of arguing back and forth with my cousin, I went to YouTube to look up some of the things he mentioned......as to why the jury didn't bond with the Pros.
Seems I missed a lot when it came to body language of the Pros.......body language that very well could have 'turned off' the jury to the Pros.

Oh, here is my post from yesterday:
(I apologize.....I don't know how to link just one post.)

My cousin (my age) just left my house. Came by to drop off a rocking chair for my Mom.
Of course the verdict was discussed. Cuz, me, my Mom, my Dad, my 37 yr.old son.

My Cousin's thoughts on the jury decision.....I can't type it word for word but I will type it as I remember it.
Remember, don't shoot the messenger!
~~~~~~~~~~~~
We are all human. Even if we are told we have to disregard all emotional, biased opinions of the defendant, judge or attorneys, it can't be done....we are human. Those feelings are going to be there no matter how hard we try to stifle them.

The jury took a dislike to the PT from day one and PT never did anything to endear themselves back with the jury.

The Jurors, from the beginning, saw the UnderDog (Jose) being beat up on. People will gravitate to the Underdog.
The Jurors saw Mr. Ashton daily, with what they perceived was a cocky 'I'm better than you' attitude.
The biggest no-no: LDB sat daily, when she was not at the podium, with her arms crossed, leaning back in her chair, very snooty position.
Whereas Jose smiled at the jurors all the time (no matter how fake anyone feels it was), LDB never smiled at them. Never made them feel as if they were important enough.
When she gave her Closing (although excellent in word), she almost talked down to them. Body language toward the jury was horrible. Pointing her finger toward them, never ever making them feel they were important.
LDB reading from notes during closing made the jurors feel like it was scripted, like the facts weren't important enough to know by heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So I was just at YouTube and scanned a few vids.
I noticed LDB was leaning back in her chair, arms crossed. Never noticed that during the trial.
I'm going to go look for some more vids regarding the other things cousin brought up.

~~~~~~~~~~

I got this same feeling right from the beginning. Jose always acted like a gentleman throughout the entire trial. JA always acted like a bully. The prosecution never acknowledged the jury and they always spoke in condenscending tones. Jose always smiled and put people at ease, even the prosecution witnesses. JA and LDB always seemed like they were in attack mode and objected to sooo much, it seemed like they were trying to hide something. That one day the judge had to tell JA to sit down, as he just kept standing with anticipation of objecting to every question JB asked.

JB mentioned several times about GA not willing to fall on the sword for ICA. JB ultimately DID find someone to fall on the sword....

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-dana-summers-casey-anthony,0,368400.photogallery

Lady Justice has to be reeling. Thought Dana Summers would have a cartoon with Caylee. We need to remember that a little girl was murdered whether intentionally or by accident. Her mother has to live with that for the rest of her life. Maybe she can create a therapist and some friends to help her get through it.:floorlaugh:

I'm not surprised over the "adult" flick-said to my husband last night that it was the one and only job she would ever be able to get. I said more about that but it isn't fit for consumption. Guess I am surprised I think like a *advertiser censored* company. :eek:

I awoke at 3am and couldn't go back to sleep. Haven't been able to face turning on the tv, but was glad to be able to get on WS-was impossible yesterday. My sweet dh told me to take whatever time I need to get over this. He and my 13yo dd were outraged as well.

BBM - Completely agree!
With a little side note:

After the guest bookings and licensing fees for any photos Casey brings to the interview,
after becoming a producer (and probably giving herself a starring role) and creating "The life of Casey Anthony" movie,
after the money for the book, or books she will write,
the fact that her daughter's name is now copyrighted and anyone who wants to write a book or make a movie has to pay Casey to use her daughter's name....

If JB or CM take her under their wing and guide her w/r/t her finances, Casey will in fact be living the good life as far as financial gain......Casey will never have to work again!

How very sweet of your husband and daughter.
THAT'S what real families do.....support each other. Not LIE for each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand