2011.07.07 Media's Motion for Release of Juror Names

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She is completely entitled to her opinion, but I think if it was such a slam dunk he would have released them today. One of the Lawyers was saying the Gov could get involved, so I take that as this is not a done deal.

Oh my.

They were not released today because the judge can temp ban the release.

But, the law states that they must be released sooner or later because the information is PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE.

Ok, but the BBM part is the law.
The way the laws are written now.

I understand you don't want them released or do not feel they should be released.

My point is, they will be released. SOONER or LATER.

It's the law.

JP can temp ban the release, but they will be released sooner or later.

That's my point.

Hi there, I understand what you are saying, and what the law states. I disagree with your opinion on what will happen, that's all. We can agree to disagree on this one, and find out when he makes his decision.

All of the people who are so angry and upset and have the time and energy to stomp around a courthouse with vile signs and spend days on end doing nothing but watching the coverage of this case should take the opportunity to do what they can to alleviate the instances of child neglect that happen EVERYDAY in their own neighborhoods and communities........Case is point is posted below, these instances happen everywhere, everyday, if only the energy generated by this case could be put to good instead of the evil and vile threats and commentary wasted on this case which is over and done with.

http://www.kansas.com/2011/07/07/1924399/wichita-police-take-8-children.html

jmoo

edited to add....Jeff Ashton just said exactly this same thing in an interview played on HLN and done with Dr. Drew show.

If people want to protest this verdict and our jury system, that is their absolute right. How each of uses our own time, energy and resources is up to each of us, as long as no one gets hurt. Freedom of speech. 1st Amendment. Outrage at of miscarriage of justice. Support for what happened. If one wants to do more, or something else, they can. It's up to each and every one of us as individuals to make those decisions. Luckily, we don't live in a country where those decisions are made for us by those who think they know better. Freedom, our legal system. We've seen several facets of it this past week... in both the jury verdict and the protestors.....

Do you have a link to support what you are saying? Just curious and TIA.

I spent the better part of yesterday researching and pulling links. That thread went *poof*. Don't know where it went, but it's gone. I'm not spending another day researching it.

Someone else can.

Sorry.

Hi there, I understand what you are saying, and what the law states. I disagree with your opinion on what will happen, that's all. We can agree to disagree on this one, and find out when he makes his decision.

He will follow the law.

The reason that the names should be released is that we are starting to hear that apparently while in sequestration their families were being contacted. We are hearing that a booker somehow got credentials and got to see the jurors and thereby approach one. Who gave out the names? I doubt it was Judge Perry.

What is our system of justice if we hide what may have, could have, did, or didn't happen during this sequestration.

Only with total and open Court Process and Governmental Bodies is there any accountability.

We know that at least 5 or 6 of these jurors had run ins with the law in the past.

Is a booker the same as a bookie? That would be amazing and I hope that juror influenced the others with the promise of a payoff and it will cause a mistrial. Can you point me to a thread where this is being discussed? Am I reading this correctly?

Juror # 2 spoke with the St Pete Times, did not give his name of course, but it seems they did not all agree at first. I know in FL they have to release the names, but I think the jurors themselves or their family/friends will out them in the days to come.

ETA: I would not have wanted to served on this jury if called.

I spent the better part of yesterday researching and pulling links. That thread went *poof*. Don't know where it went, but it's gone. I'm not spending another day researching it.

Someone else can.

Sorry.
Does it seem a little unfair to you that Casey will be moved under the cloak of night and disappear forever if she so chooses. But the jurors WHO DID their civic duty can be exposed to danger? Once again, something is wrong with this picture.

My hubby said he would gladly give his name and make big bucks on the talk shows.......... enough to provide his own security if anyone came after him. :floorlaugh:

Juror # 2 spoke with the St Pete Times, did not give his name of course, but it seems they did not all agree at first. I know in FL they have to release the names, but I think the jurors themselves or their family/friends will out them in the days to come.

I won't be surprised if some "friends" and family do that, disgusted but not surprised really. :(

It's not about wanted the names released.

Not at all.

It's about following the law.

What I am saying is quite clear.Do not demand the names of the jurors and then cry for the innocent family members who may be harmed.They are innocent UNLIKE Casey.

Out of the mouth of the judge....

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...-juror-names-hearing-20110707,0,6356730.story

Casey Anthony: Judge Perry will not release jurors names today
Perry says "best I can do is a cooling off period" and release the names at its conclusion.

He said he will not release names today or tomorrow. It's not clear how long the colloing off period will be, but some have suggested 7-10 days.

I personally could care less about these people. I don't care about their names. Their occupations. Their every day life. I just don't care.

The law is the law though... and it sucks. Obviously things need to change, but without injustice... there is no change. Some who feel it would be an injustice to release their names need to begin writing their congressmen/women. Make a change. Until then...

What I am saying is quite clear.Do not demand the names of the jurors and then cry for the innocent family members who may be harmed.They are innocent UNLIKE Casey.

To some they are not, I mean look at the people at the courthouse today accusing these jurors of basically murder. Its hostile, and I would be keeping an eye on those people if I were LE. jmo

Does it seem a little unfair to you that Casey will be moved under the cloak of night and disappear forever if she so chooses. But the jurors WHO DID their civic duty can be exposed to danger? Once again, something is wrong with this picture.

My hubby said he would gladly give his name and make big bucks on the talk shows.......... enough to provide his own security if anyone came after him. :floorlaugh:

I have not stated what I think is fair or what I think SHOULD be done.

I have simply stated that the law says juror info if pubic knowledge.

Something wrong with the picture or not, we can not pick what laws we will follow and what laws we will say no to just because we do not agree with them.

I won't be surprised if some "friends" and family do that, disgusted but not surprised really. :(

they will, thats y I said this debate is moot. And yes, yesterday someone pulled the law from the internet, cannot find either. So yeah the judge can do a cooling off period, but thats it. Sunshine law baby!

A booker is a person that works for talk shows, news shows etc that finds guests.

Everyone happy with the jury's decision should be happy with the law to release the names. Its all the same thing! Its the law of the land we live in. I dont like the NG verdict and some dont like the releasing of names. What you gonna do? Law is law. I'm not happy about either. I wont dare be a hypocrite and say its fair and just for Casey to go free cause thats our system then rail again the names being released. Both are within our legal system.

I've not demanded anything.
I have stated what the law says.

Do you not think laws should be followed?

Out of the mouth of the judge....

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...-juror-names-hearing-20110707,0,6356730.story

Casey Anthony: Judge Perry will not release jurors names today
Perry says "best I can do is a cooling off period" and release the names at its conclusion.

He said he will not release names today or tomorrow. It's not clear how long the colloing off period will be, but some have suggested 7-10 days.
Then I will never serve, EVER! As one poster on another board once said, the best way to get out of jury duty is walk in to court with a rope in your hand and say "where's the defendant"? :floorlaugh:

So much for civic duty!!!!!!!!!!!! Count me out.

Glad there will be a cooling off period, hope it lasts several years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoTX local