2011.07.07 Release Date Announced: Casey Will Be Released Wed. 7/13 or is it 7/17?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Do you know if Florida has the "3 Strikes Law"? If she violates multiple times she could wind up in prison forever. What a shame! Couldn't happen to a more evil person. And let's not forget, she's a convicted felon. She can get in trouble for a variety of things that wouldn't affect the average citizen. (One can hope.)
Hi Dani. I don't think she has been convicted of any strike felonies though. Just plain old garden variety felonies.

I am pretty sure I heard Bill Schaefer say that JP did NOT have to give her credit for time served. Did anyone else hear this? If so, I am kind of disappointed in his decision.

He had to give her credit for time served. IMO he did not have to give her credit for the time she was sentenced to for the check fraud charges. So he could have started the "time served" clock on Jan. 25, 2010.

OK, has anyone at all anywhere explained how the heck Casey gets out of Florida's "85% minimum" rule, which EVEN IF these sentences are concurrent with the check fraud sentence (and why is that??) should have required her to serve another 6 months or so NO MATTER HOW MUCH "incentive time" she was awarded?:banghead:

I read somewhere on here (I thought it was the lawyer thread) that the 85% rule was for FL State Prisons and did not include county jails.

I heard on the news that the Orange Cty jail is 10 days off for every 30 served. That calculation is too hard for me at this time of night.

OK, has anyone at all anywhere explained how the heck Casey gets out of Florida's "85% minimum" rule, which EVEN IF these sentences are concurrent with the check fraud sentence (and why is that??) should have required her to serve another 6 months or so NO MATTER HOW MUCH "incentive time" she was awarded?:banghead:

Well, here's my calculations:

They said she served 1043 days.
They said she received 10 days credit for every 30 days served. (Divide 1043 by 30 = 34.77 x 10 =347.7 days)
Add 1043 + 348 = 1391 days credited to Casey.
HHJP sentences her to 4 years (365 x 4 = 1460 days.)
1460 days minus 1391 = 69 days she still owes!

So why does she get out July 17th? :waitasec:

From what I've read, the 85% rule applies to State Prison time, not county jail.

AZ…one poster mentioned Martha Stewart served time for lying to Federal authorities (FBI or SEC I don't recall which). Could FBI arrest Casey for lying to them?

They said she received 10 days credit for every 30 days served. (Divide 1043 by 30 = 34.77 x 10 =347.7 days)

From what I've read, the 85% rule applies to State Prison time, not county jail.

AZ…one poster mentioned Martha Stewart served time for lying to Federal authorities (FBI or SEC I don't recall which). Could FBI arrest Casey for lying to them?

Sounds good to me, I wish we knew how the jail does there calculations.

And what about the time for those stolen checks I thought they said that was included in the calculations.

Wonder if any of the news organizations will pursue getting the jail's method?

Hi Dani. I don't think she has been convicted of any strike felonies though. Just plain old garden variety felonies.

Hi JBean. :seeya: I just read up a little on "3 Strikes". Florida is a 3-Strike state. In most states that enact the law the first 2 felonies are usually "violent" crimes. The 3rd one can be something as simple as shoplifting. I see what you mean by "garden variety felonies".

in addition to good time, gain time is given to those in PC because they are locked down 23 hrs a day. wish we knew how gain time is computed. maybe that's how the 6 months some of us figured on went poof

I still don't get how she served the year probation on the check charges behind bars. is probation not a condition of early release from jail or granted in lieu of serving time to begin w/ (a first offense, or misdemeanors or non-violent felonies)?

probation is intended to enforce compliance w/ rules/laws while living in society. probation is intended to keep you on the straight and narrow while living in society. probation is an incentive to lawful behavior. so ... how does KC get credit for being in compliance w/ society while being locked down/guarded in a place removed from society and its temptations and its potential victims? that's like vouching that you haven't watched online *advertiser censored* for a year when your eyeballs were surgically removed 12 months ago

I hope that, beginning w/ the first moment of her release, every single private citizen KC (and CA) interacts w/ will slip the words Justice For Caylee into their moment. even if those words are merely whispered. at Target, Publix, J C Penney, gas stations, restaurants, bars, clubs, the drive-thru at Arby's, the bank, the post office, the car wash, Home Depot, Amscot, the hair salon. everywhere. when KC applies for a driver's license. everywhere. every day. I hope that every public venue where they appear immediately goes as silent as possible (except for the Justice For Caylee whispers) until they walk their carcasses out the door. OK, honestly, I am not averse to booing and hissing as well, if done discreetly and at a reasonable volume. everywhere, every day

Are you averse to a shopper (using her outdoor voice) saying, "OMG! Look! It's Casey Anthony!" upon a sighting? :floorlaugh:

Oh, but with all the people willing to help cure her she will be fine. You know, I hope for society she is, but I think we will be hearing her name again before long. I can only imagine the fit she is having upon finding out she has to be there till sunday.

I think they will sneak her out before then, they better because people are not happy. She has to be set free though, no matter how mad people are.
I suspect that the jail is getting an unprecidented number of emails, phone calls, etc. expressing revulsion and anger toward Casey. We heard from Mark Lippman that GA & CA were getting a large number of d. threats, but can you imagine the death threats SHE'S getting? The Sheriff's ofc. must be getting concerned about how to safely release her. I believe they can be sued if harm comes to her while she is still in their jurisdiction.

He had to give her credit for time served. IMO he did not have to give her credit for the time she was sentenced to for the check fraud charges. So he could have started the "time served" clock on Jan. 25, 2010.

I think that is what I heard Bill S. say also. I heard him to say whether or not he gave credit for time served all the way back to beginning or starting with when the check fraud charges were served was where his discretion came into play.

IMO

I don't know if I trust this new information. I wonder if this could just be a ruse to throw the public off-track so she can be released quietly somewhere in the middle - between Wednesday and Sunday, for security purposes... Since she won't be on parole, I guess she's free to go anywhere?

This was exactly my first thought as well!!

Do you guys remember back in 2008 when her parents went to visit her... and she said from jail... that she almost felt SAFER in jail than out of jail???

Yeah....

Casey gets regular inmate good time...

She also gets EXTRA time for being in solitary confinement.

That is why all of the estimates were coming up short. Those extra days are erased because she was in solitary this whole time.

(I'm sure that's here already.)

I just saw it on my local news. abc11. they said it might be 17th? :waitasec:

Personally, I hoped she was released yesterday whilst emotions were still raw with the public. She's protected in jail. She's going to have a rude awakening when she's released. Remember when she was released on bond? This will be much much worse, imo. Even her attorneys are afraid for her. After all is said and done, she will wish she was back in prison. Unless she gets a total makeover, hair, face and change of name, I don't see where she will be safe anywhere. She will live in fear for the rest of her life.

I suppose she can move to the Caribbean and be housemates with Karla Homolka.

BTW, we don't want her up here. She said in her jailhouse letter that she doesn't want to move where it's cold. :fence:

Now that the date has been changed, I think she is either already out or will be out before either of the dates given. The Stated does not want to take any chances.

I don't know if I trust this new information. I wonder if this could just be a ruse to throw the public off-track so she can be released quietly somewhere in the middle - between Wednesday and Sunday, for security purposes... Since she won't be on parole, I guess she's free to go anywhere?

My hope is that she'll pick a country far, far away.

I really wish the media would not even cover it. The best revenge against a sociopath/narcissist is to just ignore them. They absolute love the limelight ... it just feeds them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway
Back