2011.07.07 Sentencing Hearing Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fusions may not be waiting for her, but the IRS is. Shes gonna pay for killing Caylee one way or another. Maybe someone in jail will seek justice for Caylee. We can only hope.
The money was paid over two years ago,right?

When would someone typically be charged with tax evasion :waitasec:

I don't understand that time of for good behavior stuff. Her behavior that got her into jail was beyond horrible.

It is automatic unless they have infractions...they don't have early release from parole in Fla. is my understanding, so they do it this way instead...

to me, illegitimate criticism that one can't criticize the jury. Lots of TH's and CM were railing at the media and attorneys who criticize the system. I understand belief in the system but that doesn't mean the system always works right in a particular case. My firm opinion is that it did not work right here. That was BS's opinion too before he decided or was told to change it. Maybe they're just afriad of people becoming too angry over this and so are shoring up the jury and their verdict. Today he was saying hwo the jury should feel fine or something about what they did and that certainly wasn't what he was saying the other day.

I just have to comment...I am getting a little sick of Bill S. backpeddling on his feelings before the verdict came down.

Didn't ICA waive her right to be at the hearing LDB requested? So only her attorneys will be present. Interesting. :(

I really do not see JB walking away from ICA in future needs of representation. The income potential is too great for him to ignore. Birds of a feather.

Yes, I thought he was going to say, "But we'll do it pro bono," but the judge cut him off.

Last night on Dr. Drew ,Jeff Ashton said Lee was the Anthony that surprised them at trial.He had been co-operative previously but did a 180 at trial.

That explains MALLORY's testimony.That's always bugged me.

I saw that, and I really think the Anthonys thought they were helping to get Casey to avoid DEATH and get LIFE instead...no one, anywhere, had any idea that she would get off scott-free. I really believe the DT used an emotional plea to the Anthonys to at least spare her life, for Cayelee's sake, or whatever they may have said. I don't think the Anthony's every expected her to get anything other than life.

I'm not excusing all their disgusting lies at all, but that's how I feel.

In session reporting that GA and CA were somewhat excited to see ICA today...the 2 people sitting in front of them............. over heard them comment on how pretty she looked today and how long her hair was......ugh. They also said they heard them cut ties with their atty. Lippman

Sorry to quote my own comments...but I needed to add these witness were actually HLN producers...

The other thing you haven't mention is - it is only a matter of time before the public knows who these jurors are.

Each of these jurors will face harrassment and negativity probably for the next twenty years. Can you imagine someone meeting a juror for the first time and saying oh you're one of the idiots who released a murderer.

BBM.

No, they will not.

For one thing, it was not impossible for them to follow the jury instructions and come to a NG verdict on counts 1-3. In their minds they did their job, and there are plenty of ex-prosecutors in the media who have agreed. Just because its a verdict that many who were not in their shoes disagree with does not mean it was the wrong verdict.

Additionally, people do not have long memories when it comes to sensationalized news - but more importantly those still engrossed in this case will be paying more attention to Casey and the Anthonys than the jurors. I'd bet few could have recognized an OJ juror or remember a name the day after they appeared on TV, much less a week or a month later.

IMO its unhealthy to wish or revel in ill will towards these jurors, just because they didn't give a verdict which may have been unlawful according to the jury instructions and the testimony and evidence.

I still think shes getting out tonight under the cover of darkness!

Me too! All this time needed to 'calculate' how much time she has left to serve?
That could be done in a nanosecond, and assuredly already was, by the DT.
What's the betting she slips out quietly after they have it all figured out?

This case has exploded throughout the country and people's emotions are high and raw. The jury did the best with the evidence they had. Which there wasn't much of at all - and nothing linking Casey to the crime and where the child's body lay. That's the crux - we all believe she had a hand in it .. but there is no PROOF .. that's the law - and the jury cannot convict on emotion or supposition. Otherwise, there would be a lot of innocent people in prison. The evidence speaks - and if that evidence isn't there - there is no other way to come to a conclusion than to find her not guilty. There was a poster that wondered about charging for 'indignity to a human body' or something to that effect - but still - no one knows who placed that child there - there is no proof as to how she got to where she was. The police didn't initially charge her with that anyway. This case has sickened a nation - but there just isn't the proof to convict. I hope everyone can just move beyond the high emotion and anger. There's not much anyone can do about this any longer. It's over. Her '4 years' giving time-served - getting out in about a month - is likely to allow time to pass as her life would be in danger (understanding how angry people are). Everyone needs to accept this verdict as the Prosecution did not have the evidence to advance a conviction - pure and simple. Let's all move on and pray that in some way via Karma - that Caylee receives her justice.

That is soley Casey's fault. She knew that baby was dead and rotting and told no LE , She allowed Caylee's body to decay until nothing was left nothing to link her to caylee death, no DNA, no fibers, caylee's body most likely decayed under swampy waters, eaten by animals and consumed by insects....

That alone should have proved her guilty ! IT should be law if you throw a body away, hide , or dismember a body so no evidence can be found that the the person be found guilty of murder !!!!:banghead:
Charleyann

In session reporting that GA and CA were somewhat excited to see ICA today...the 2 people sitting in front of them............. over heard them comment on how pretty she looked today and how long her hair was......ugh. They also said they heard them cut ties with their atty. Lippman

:razz:

Sure, she can pay for appellant council.... all she has to do is sell more pictures or belongings of Caylee... her murder victim.

SO who will get their money first, the IRS or eveyone else she owes money to?

The ladies in jail will leak when she is released-- I can imagine they're pretty dang angry. jmo

Do you agree with that? Do the posters on this site that don't have a college degree feel they are too uneducated to understand?

I agree. I am college educated and I had a hard time following some of the forensics.

That is why I,

1) took notes
2) asked for clarification from others

These 12 SHOULD have done the SAME.

I honestly dont think they will. They learned their lesson from Vivid. Anyone who does business with KC will definitely feel the public's rage.

Yes they will and I for one will protest loudly at any business that supports her and will boycott all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kitty Marie