2011.07.07 Sentencing Hearing Thread

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay then - I am listening to Richard Hornsby saying he always believed ICA was a good mother who did not mistreat her child and he didn't buy the chloroform etc stories. And that if ICA writes a book it will be about Caylee and her life, and what life at home was like growing up with Lee and George. That this is a book the public will buy.

Uh Huh - okay Richard....And are you thinking we would hear one shred of truth in this book or would this be a Grim(ms) Fairy Tale?

And what is in that cup of yours, Sir?

This case has exploded throughout the country and people's emotions are high and raw. The jury did the best with the evidence they had. Which there wasn't much of at all - and nothing linking Casey to the crime and where the child's body lay. That's the crux - we all believe she had a hand in it .. but there is no PROOF .. that's the law - and the jury cannot convict on emotion or supposition. Otherwise, there would be a lot of innocent people in prison. The evidence speaks - and if that evidence isn't there - there is no other way to come to a conclusion than to find her not guilty. There was a poster that wondered about charging for 'indignity to a human body' or something to that effect - but still - no one knows who placed that child there - there is no proof as to how she got to where she was. The police didn't initially charge her with that anyway. This case has sickened a nation - but there just isn't the proof to convict. I hope everyone can just move beyond the high emotion and anger. There's not much anyone can do about this any longer. It's over. Her '4 years' giving time-served - getting out in about a month - is likely to allow time to pass as her life would be in danger (understanding how angry people are). Everyone needs to accept this verdict as the Prosecution did not have the evidence to advance a conviction - pure and simple. Let's all move on and pray that in some way via Karma - that Caylee receives her justice.

So. Caylee just duct taped herself, jumped into a few bags and rolled herself on down to the swamp for giggles.

Riiiight.

Evidence was there. The problem is: It wasn't looked at.

I saw that, and I really think the Anthonys thought they were helping to get Casey to avoid DEATH and get LIFE instead...no one, anywhere, had any idea that she would get off scott-free. I really believe the DT used an emotional plea to the Anthonys to at least spare her life, for Cayelee's sake, or whatever they may have said. I don't think the Anthony's every expected her to get anything other than life.

I'm not excusing all their disgusting lies at all, but that's how I feel.

I hadn't really thought about how JB may have gotten the A's to do this.

Makes sense because didn't JB appeal to the jurors in the same way even though that portion of the trial was only about guilt or innocent, not what the sentence should be.

I am so very surprised at the threats and evil things people are posting about Casey and someone hurting her once she is released. It just shocks me that not only would anyone feel that, but to write it in a public forum and not realize that they should edit themselves. To do something like that just makes you equally evil and is so out of my realm of understanding I cannot even express how out there it seems to me.

I will say it again, this case really changed this website - traffic - emotion and as much as we are all here to research and learn and make sense of missing and those involved in crime, I really miss it the way it was when it was smaller and less frought with emotion and out right mean-ness.

Maybe when the dust settles clear minds will prevail. She is getting out folks and considering harming her is not legal or morally right. Calm down and breath, life isnt fair and at it's most trying is when we get to show our true self.

I hope the truth is not a mean and vigilante one ...

Thank you for this.

I will READ anything from Yuri Melich, Jeff Ashton, and Linda Drane Burdick. I will not follow them onto the networks... other than HLN, no one else is getting my attention. The papers I followed and the locals that I used, I'll still use, but not to see any DT or juror.

I would hope JB paid taxes on his part of that too??? ;)

The problem that I see here is that JB, as KC's broker for those pictures, had access to her money. If he managed it, which lets assume he did, he should have taken taxes out to cover what she owed IRS. If this was handled by a financial attorney would they not have done so. Of course they would because they had the responsibility of handling her financial affairs while she was in prison.

Why would JB not have taken care of that little matter for her? I can think of two possible reasons. 1. He wanted all the money; and 2. he never expected her to get out of prison so the taxes would have never been a problem. $68,000 is a large chunk out of that money KC received. Plus JB had to pay taxes on what he received.

I do not think JB wants KC to have another attorney handling this IRS problem. Any thoughts??? jmo, of course.

So I wonder who said the the A's were getting death threats, CA and GA? Is there any proof of this? Because I don't believe it.

Lippman said it this morning on the Today Show. Some were just hatred, some were from far away, but the ones for Orlando or close are being taken seriously. They are getting emails, not sure what else.

I'm sorry, can't keep up with this thread, and I haven't heard HLN talk about this:

WHAT ABOUT THE FELONY CHECK CHARGES??? When does she serve time for that? That cannot just go away, can it? Is that served concurrently with the lying to LE charges they are discussing now???

Yup. I guess it was easier to believe that George was the big bad than Casey being guilty. So sad. :/

But based on the In Sessions interview with a couple of producers who sat in front of George and Cindy, I'm starting to believe that maybe they were all in on something.... maybe when she is out, she'll go home. :/

So you heard that too...I'm thinking she will go home as well and eventually..with the money from any deals the A's have...will get them all started anew....some place else. Before any other deals take place. I also think CA is planning to get ICA a makeover..

This case has exploded throughout the country and people's emotions are high and raw. The jury did the best with the evidence they had. Which there wasn't much of at all - and nothing linking Casey to the crime and where the child's body lay. That's the crux - we all believe she had a hand in it .. but there is no PROOF .. that's the law - and the jury cannot convict on emotion or supposition. Otherwise, there would be a lot of innocent people in prison. The evidence speaks - and if that evidence isn't there - there is no other way to come to a conclusion than to find her not guilty. There was a poster that wondered about charging for 'indignity to a human body' or something to that effect - but still - no one knows who placed that child there - there is no proof as to how she got to where she was. The police didn't initially charge her with that anyway. This case has sickened a nation - but there just isn't the proof to convict. I hope everyone can just move beyond the high emotion and anger. There's not much anyone can do about this any longer. It's over. Her '4 years' giving time-served - getting out in about a month - is likely to allow time to pass as her life would be in danger (understanding how angry people are). Everyone needs to accept this verdict as the Prosecution did not have the evidence to advance a conviction - pure and simple. Let's all move on and pray that in some way via Karma - that Caylee receives her justice.

I am getting a strong feeling of de ja vue.

I swear I have read this almost same post somewhere else.

Are you following other websites?

Mark Eiglash just said that Fla requires at least 85% of the sentence be served..

Then it would be impossible for her to get out any time soon. She only has 18 months of time served free to be applied to this, and this is four consecutive years....even with the model prisoner discount, we've got to be talking about longer than anytime in 2011.

She would be charged with "indecent handling of a dead body" here in Denmark, where I live. I just looked up the extent of the punishment for that is. It would be either a fine or up to six months in jail.
I don´t understand that it isn´t considered a crime in America to dump a dead body like it were a piece of trash.
Poor little Caylee. R.I.P.

the jury would have found her NG of that too. Sadly. They couldn't see the forest for the trees in this case. T

Well we know one thing for sure, the IRS WILL get their payday, so she won't be going scott free there. I hope Zanida(sp?) and the others win their cases too, but they might not.

If that was truly the case than I would be ok with it. But the jurors that have spoken out, did NOT look at ANY of the evidence at hand. If you read their responses all they did was apply the defense's opening and closing statements.

To me, that is not justice and it is very hard to move on.

SO who will get their money first, the IRS or eveyone else she owes money to?

IRS gets their money first no matter who the others are.

I know for a fact, have an employee here who lives in another state. I got a lein from his state where he did not file his taxes one year started taking that amount out then I rec one from the IRS, same thing. I called the IRS and said hey he already has this from his State. IRS told me don't matter IRS GETS THEIR MONEY FIRST above all.

Hey and they apply interest daily. Plus late charges. LOL

CONFIRMED: Casey is STILL at the Courthouse.
by Gabe Travers/WESH.com 3:32 PM

CA and GA are both smiley and talking about ICAs hair.

LA might have a different attorney. Wonder if that indicates a split from the family, a lack of trust.

Me too!!!! I already sent in my thoughts to ABC.

My prayer is that while she is still in prison this 30+ days she will royally screw up and her true self will come out. Is she back in solitary or GP? tia

Lee has a new attorney. Would he be able to file a civil suit against Casey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member