2011.07.07 Sentencing Hearing Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I care about caylee, but i'm late to the party. My worry is the ugly, ugly precident this sets for courts all over the country. I love the law. I dont always agree with it, but thats the system we have and you have to work within it. However, those that agree with the jury I pray to god you are not sitting next or behind a prosecutor and justice is in the hands of 12 people who may crack or fold depending on how much they are pressured.

Forget the TH or nancy grace, of JVM or whomever is in the media. This is about murdering a child and about the other cases out there. I promise there will be copy cats of this crime. Abusive parents and serial killers are taking notes. So this is more than just about Caylee and the anthony's. Thats what people dont see. A high profile case like this will echo. So did the OJ case. It changed how people saw the law and notice the uptick in murdered spouses. OJ proved that you can get away with it.

there already was.

fortunately, this darling girl was found before all forensic evidence was gone.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84857"]GUILTY Stacie Barker guilty for Murder of 18 month old Emma Leigh Barker #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I would be shocked if Casey changes her name. She is not ashamed or embarrassed by anything she has done. She feel vindicated because once again Casey gets what she wants and there are no consequences.

Being a Felon she will have a very hard time Changing her name,
Also any plastic surgery that will change her looks will have to be OK with the criminal justice system...

it is an opinion based on the circumstances of death and is properly made by the medical examiner. There was no evidence introduced which refuted the determination of homicide.

The Manner of Death explains how the cause of death arose: a natural vs. violent death. Natural deaths are caused exclusively by disease. If an injury of any sort (mechanical, chemical, electrical, etc.) causes or contributes to death, the fatality is classified as non-natural and then is sub-classified as Accident, Homicide, Suicide or Undetermined

I think there was a fundamental lack of understanding the various terms and nuaunces of what those terms mean. There is no need for cause of death to be shown. Conflicting "evidence" is not the same as conflicting "stories" or "tall tales" or "fabrications without any evidence" which is what the DT did in OS which the jury took as evidence. The actual evidence should have been applied to the elements of the charges slowly and methodically. This did not happen.

IMO, they comprehended the charges and instructions just fine - which is why they were (according to #3) sick to their stomachs - personally, at the verdict they had to render given the charges, instructions and evidence.

They did not allow anger or sympathy to come into the deliberations, but as human beings this was obviously torturous.

Re-read the jury instructions: where evidence conflicts = reasonable doubt, where evidence lacks = reasonable doubt.

I think the biggest sticking point was overcoming these points based on the evidence/testimony: manner of death was a homicide...(and if you get past that)...defendent was the one who commited it.

It's obvious to me and many who view the evidence and testimony in an objective manner that those points were difficult to overcome.

Dr. G did not give a medical opinion that it was a homicide. This was made clear. Dr. WS gave a medical opinion that the manner of death could not be determined. Conflicting testimony/lack of evidence = reasonable doubt.

Presence of chloroform was contested at the scientific level. Conflicting testimony = reasonable doubt (as to chloroform as a weapon).

Duct tape had DNA markers which excluded casey and caylee, and there is no evidence it covered her mouth and nose, and if if so that it was pre-motem. The was testimony to the contrary, and the animated presentation was admitted as a "possible" scenario.

A body in the trunk is not evidence of a homicide.

I am bringing all of this up, not because I believe the defense case and not the State's case...but to remind everyone that evidence was contested/missing and testimony conflicted. Jury instructions address this.

An email from one of my male friends, Ghandi here is his Mother:

Dear Friends,

I just wanted to alert you that, in memory of Caley Anthony, Gandhi and I will be starting an on-line charity fund called "The Casey Anthony Birth Control Defense Fund" The purpose of the fund will be to see that Casey Anthony is always well supplied with, educated about, and financially incentivized to take, birth control measures, modalities, and medications. Contributions will be tax deductible, and can be made convienently on-line through PayPal.

Working together we can make a better world.
Zippy
how about changing it to the "Case Anthony Sterilization Fund"? I bet you'd get a lot more donations! lol

Because it is all a farce. She was playing a part, and imo it worked.

:maddening:

I agree ! It was a HUGE FARCE !

the hair ... the "Mother Hubbard" clothes ... clothes that did NOT fit appropriately, too big on her ... LOWERING the CHAIR ... her "facial expressions" or lack of expression ... the FAKE CRYING ...

Sad ... I hope the "jury" saw her on TV this morning with her hair down and the laughing and giggling ... oh -- and that "eyebrow raising" she does -- even to women !

:puke:

I must say that i hope Jeff Ashton writes a book. Last night on Dr. Drew...they were both laughing at the BIZARRE BEHAVIOR of Lee on the stand crying FGS because he wasn't invited to the baby shower and wasn't 'included'....WHAT A STRANGE PERSON HE IS. I only hope Mallory feels comfortable leaving him at home with their future children. Yuck.

I know...I have always thought...who marries into a family like this ...by choice..

Being a Felon she will have a very hard time Changing her name,
Also any plastic surgery that will change her looks will have to be OK with the criminal justice system...

sadly she won't need to there are many people who have no clue who she is believe it or not. She will move and carry on her beautiful life, Caylee all but forgotten :(..

ok, per court spokeswoman:

ICA given 1043 days credit
release date july 13th 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads