2011.07.08 - Dateline NBC

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This. I know this is another topic for another time but it's very true unfortunately.Just look at the big "media" missing/murdered children or women in the last 5-10 years. The ones with the wall to way coverage all have one thing in common.

I agree Dateline or one of teh enws shows will have a special soon "why the jury voted not guilty" Gives those professional jury consultants something to do.

There is a show on tonight called "Behind the Verdict" but it is on the Discovery/Investigative channel, which many people do not get. Also another show on Friday night on the Bio channel, called "Casey Anthony-How Did We Get Here?"

FWIW

I believe that this jury was also biased because the defendant did not testify. It was clear by some in the courtroom that noticed the jury seemed shocked that she wouldn't testify.

Maybe she should have went on the stand.

There is a show on tonight called "Behind the Verdict" but it is on the Discovery/Investigative channel, which many people do not get. Also another show on Friday night on the Bio channel, called "Casey Anthony-How Did We Get Here?"

FWIW
I have this channel on satellite. I'll check it out tonight.

The jury on this case really frustrates me. If Jennifer or the other jurors do get media interviews I hope journalists ask them the tough questions like the following

-What were your thoughts on Casey pretending to have a job for two years?
-Do you realize that Casey at some point was going to be able to keep up the charade of working at Universal and having a nanny?
-How do you think Casey wasn't going to keep the charade if little Caylee was talking more and more?
-It has been mentioned that the jury didn't believe the abuse allegations, so do think it was ok for Casey to have possibly lied about being sexually abused or raped?

I will check out the upcoming shows on cable about the verdict. I think Aphrodite's show will be good. I really hope that Aphrodite Jones or someone similar does another documentary in which they reveal things or people that weren't mentioned in the trial. For example, Aphrodite could go and interview the several people that were interviewed by police but were never called to testify. Casey's friends Melina Calabrese and Lauren Gibbs caught Casey lying about working at Sports Authority store. Kiomarie Torres said Casey lied about a lot of things and she made claims that Cindy was racist and also Kio knew about the swamp being a pet cemetery and police ignored that and she told other neighbors about it who did talk to police. Aphrodite could also interview Pam Pleasea or some of the neighbors. I recall some neighbors did hear the June 15th fight and also one neighbor Jean Couty told police about fight that happened weeks before Casey's disappearance.

I have no doubt and have spoken on it many times. People who say the media isnt biased when it comes to missing people or murders need to do some research. When is the last time you've even heard about a high profile case that involved a boy or minority child? The media doesnt care. As a journalism graduate I can tell you that rich and/or famous and white sells.

You will find a hard time to get your editor, producer or whatever to give air time or print if the accused is black or hispanic that isnt envolved in a drive by, drug deal or rape or another minority. It may make the news, but not for long. Child crimes? Happens all the time, but once you are black it's assumed you are either in da hood, a crackhead or just some low income mother and of course who cares about those children? No media outlet cares about what the poor do in some corner of a big city. How many missing black women do we see in the news? As a black woman it drives me crazy that a 16 year old girl disappeared in the baltimore area and her family went on the news. Outside of Webslueths how many have heard of phylicia barnes? If she was white this case would be everywhere. No one in Texas even heard of her. There is a case of two white teens being murdered and it was all over the news. I forgot the names, but guess what? They were involved with drugs and apparently this was a drug hit. This happens all the time around this country in the ghetto. But cause they are white and lived in the semi-suburbs it was a big deal.

Sorry to get off topic, but this makes me so mad!!! My husband agrees and he's white. So go figure...

Originally Posted by GhostCrab
The point being is that it was COMPLETE SPECULATION that the tape had ever covered her mouth. In the end 12 people found reasonable doubt that that was not how she died.
I believe the ME`s reasoning.

Maybe I'm missing the point, but how important is is HOW Caylee died? Caylee died while in the care of her mother. Duct tape, chloroform, drowning, overdose of Benadryl or other drug... really. She is dead regardless of manner of death. A child, not yet three, died, and was not reported for 31 days. Her body found in the woods. To me that is a slam dunk case. No stranger came in and took the child. The DT even claimed it was an accidental drowning, and the DT assigned BLAME and LOCATION to the home and the mother. All the rest is extraneous information, IMHO.

I believe the ME`s reasoning.

I have no doubt and have spoken on it many times. People who say the media isnt biased when it comes to missing people or murders need to do some research. When is the last time you've even heard about a high profile case that involved a boy or minority child? The media doesnt care. As a journalism graduate I can tell you that rich and/or famous and white sells.

You will find a hard time to get your editor, producer or whatever to give air time or print if the accused is black or hispanic that isnt envolved in a drive by, drug deal or rape or another minority. It may make the news, but not for long. Child crimes? Happens all the time, but once you are black it's assumed you are either in da hood, a crackhead or just some low income mother and of course who cares about those children? No media outlet cares about what the poor do in some corner of a big city. How many missing black women do we see in the news? As a black woman it drives me crazy that a 16 year old girl disappeared in the baltimore area and her family went on the news. Outside of Webslueths how many have heard of phylicia barnes? If she was white this case would be everywhere. No one in Texas even heard of her. There is a case of two white teens being murdered and it was all over the news. I forgot the names, but guess what? They were involved with drugs and apparently this was a drug hit. This happens all the time around this country in the ghetto. But cause they are white and lived in the semi-suburbs it was a big deal.

Sorry to get off topic, but this makes me so mad!!! My husband agrees and he's white. So go figure...

You are mostly right, Burb. But NG featured Phylicia Barnes. I recognized the name and I know the story. My sister-in-law and niece were gunned down two years ago in CA, by her soon-to-be ex. He had violated the restraining order NINE times and still walked thanks to the good 'ole boys network in Bakersfield. The murders also took place in front of my niece's two young daughters, 7 and 9. I sent the story to NG, GVS, and JVM and not a word. These were white women, blonde even, and two stunning blonde girls - nothing. Not any response. Nothing.

I don't know how the news chooses which stories, but it IS true, African-American, Latino(yet JVM and GR are Hispanic!) and Native American crimes go un-noticed a lot. Not sure it is totally intentional though.

Casey Anthony got picked up and caught America's attention in large part due to Cindy, I think. Her calls, then the lies and deception. It was/is a bizarre case for sure.

My point was that they saw the actual skull as it was found. I did not. My point was that I can't understand after seeing all of the evidence they DID see, how they could come on Dateline and excuse it all away. 31 days as "Whoa, yeah, that's like real bad, but we couldn't go on emotion."
It appears they threw out alot of evidence because of what they are somehow calling emotion, but once they tossed it aside, they suddenly had no answers as COD.
I'm simply flummoxed.

Slightly OT, but wasn't one of the jurors the daughter of a lawyer?

So agree, how on earth, or any other planet, is the 31 days and never, NEVER reporting your child missing and/or dead "emotion." Seems like pretty cut and dried evidence of consciousness of guilt to me, of a happy result for a murderer. How is that not proof that this was no accident and very highly suggestive of murder...particular once the never reported missing and/or dead child's body is found tapped, bagged and thrown in a swamp?! I will never understand, nor accept, this verdict.

The jury on this case really frustrates me. If Jennifer or the other jurors do get media interviews I hope journalists ask them the tough questions like the following

-What were your thoughts on Casey pretending to have a job for two years?
-Do you realize that Casey at some point was going to be able to keep up the charade of working at Universal and having a nanny?
-How do you think Casey wasn't going to keep the charade if little Caylee was talking more and more?
-It has been mentioned that the jury didn't believe the abuse allegations, so do think it was ok for Casey to have possibly lied about being sexually abused or raped?

I will check out the upcoming shows on cable about the verdict. I think Aphrodite's show will be good. I really hope that Aphrodite Jones or someone similar does another documentary in which they reveal things or people that weren't mentioned in the trial. For example, Aphrodite could go and interview the several people that were interviewed by police but were never called to testify. Casey's friends Melina Calabrese and Lauren Gibbs caught Casey lying about working at Sports Authority store. Kiomarie Torres said Casey lied about a lot of things and she made claims that Cindy was racist and also Kio knew about the swamp being a pet cemetery and police ignored that and she told other neighbors about it who did talk to police. Aphrodite could also interview Pam Pleasea or some of the neighbors. I recall some neighbors did hear the June 15th fight and also one neighbor Jean Couty told police about fight that happened weeks before Casey's disappearance.

It might end up like this:
The state didn't prove Casey pretended to have a job and that she didn't really have a job.

The state didn't prove that if she was found out that she didn't have a job and she didn't have a nanny. They didn't even prove that she pretended.
The state didn't prove that Caylee was beginning to talk and that she would have said that mommy didn't have a job or a nanny.

Sorry It really is that shameful. MOO

You are mostly right, Burb. But NG featured Phylicia Barnes. I recognized the name and I know the story. My sister-in-law and niece were gunned down two years ago in CA, by her soon-to-be ex. He had violated the restraining order NINE times and still walked thanks to the good 'ole boys network in Bakersfield. The murders also took place in front of my niece's two young daughters, 7 and 9. I sent the story to NG, GVS, and JVM and not a word. These were white women, blonde even, and two stunning blonde girls - nothing. Not any response. Nothing.

I don't know how the news chooses which stories, but it IS true, African-American, Latino(yet JVM and GR are Hispanic!) and Native American crimes go un-noticed a lot. Not sure it is totally intentional though.

Casey Anthony got picked up and caught America's attention in large part due to Cindy, I think. Her calls, then the lies and deception. It was/is a bizarre case for sure.

You hit the nail on the head. CA was always out there with her own version of the truth. When protesters showed up at the home CA was out front. Stay inside, go out in the backyard, they'll get tired and just go away. It's the confrontation these people were getting off on, the media parked outside the house. They had an HOA in their community. No overnight parking in the street. There were ways she could have gotten rid of most of those people without having said a word to the media. CA kept us all focused because we wanted to hear what she had to say. NG, the grieving grandparents...etc. This whole case has been theatrical from the beginning...meant to hold our interest. It worked, didn't it. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back