2011.07.11- 07.18 Sidebar Thread (Post-Verdict)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me which "jailhouse" letter(s) from Casey makes reference to using CHLOROFORM to keep Caylee quiet, or make her sleep?
TIA

If I am remembering correctly, KC did not say in the letter that she used Chloroform to put Caylee to sleep. I believe it was Benedryl. I am not sure where to find the jailhouse letters but I do know that they are on WS here somewhere. I will look around and see if I can find them, if I do I will post the link for you.

ETA: found the link for the jailhouse letters but I did not re read them to see what page the information is on.
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/23069597/detail.html

I read on the "Todays Current News" thread that KC and Company were thinking up plausable ways to make herself look different in public....it reminded me of the "I Love Lucy" episode when she had to disguise herself when William Holden came to visit and she had the fake putty nose and it kept changing shape when she touched it and she lit it on fire with her cigarette...LOL
Or maybe she can do Mrs. Doubtfire....how about Gwyneth Paltrow as Rosie in "Shallow Hal"???

Not sure where to put this but HLN just said KC may go to Puerto Rico where Jo$e has family.

If I am remembering correctly, KC did not say in the letter that she used Chloroform to put Caylee to sleep. I believe it was Benedryl. I am not sure where to find the jailhouse letters but I do know that they are on WS here somewhere. I will look around and see if I can find them, if I do I will post the link for you.

IIRC, it was what one of the other inmates KC supposedly talked to that said KC told her that...Maya Derkovic (?)

Just announced on HLN that there will be a "peace walk for Caylee" at 2 pm on 7-17. It will begin at the memorial site......

Awesome, keeping the spotlight on Caylee and not FCA.

I hope the poor hairdresser who ends up with KC in his/her chair has an "accident" with the scissors that snowballs out of control, leaving her with a few bald patches and some ugly tufts.

Heh! I do think after she is released she will be begging for the safety of jail!

I'm wondering what the half life on benadryl is. THIS I can buy her using on a regular basis. I've seen it done. It won't knock a toddler unconscious but it will make them very sleepy. It's cheap and easy to get. (cheaper and easier then chloroform or xanax)

Hey peeps!

Seems odd that not even two weeks ago, right about this time, we all would have been dutifully shuffling into the Sidebar here for some lunch and to rehash the morning's testimony. You peeps look hungry! Eat! Eat!

cater_1.jpg

http://www.icravecatering.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/cater_1.jpg

Benedryl is tricky though. It doesn't make every child sleepy. I have two daughters, my oldest Benedryl does not make her sleepy at all and never has, my youngest is knocked out about an hour and a half after taking it. But yes, I can see KC using Benedryl to make Caylee go to sleep just so she doesn't have to deal with trying to get her to go to sleep the normal way parents do.

Hey peeps!

Seems odd that not even two weeks ago, right about this time, we all would have been dutifully shuffling into the Sidebar here for some lunch and to rehash the morning's testimony. You peeps look hungry! Eat! Eat!

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

That's why some people call it "Babydryl." I've heard that this practice of drugging babies to sleep is not that rare.

When I was a baby and had colic, the old army nurse at the hospital told my mother to put a couple drops of whisky in my bottle. She did! Can you imagine?

I was so paranoid about putting any medicine in my infant. I still check and double check when I give him anything and he's 16!!! LOL

Aqua

Apparently it's a common thing. I've seen it used on toddlers but it was never a "knock out" reaction. They would just get sleepy, (not to mention cranky) and fall asleep.

I remember NG covering a case of a daycare worker giving it to babies in a bottle and something happened and a child died.

I'm just way more inclined to think Casey used something easy to get. Chloroform isn't and anything with an rx... I don't see her buying something on the street. Again, she had no money. Tylenol PM or large doses of childrens cough syrup.

Was there ever any evidence she had or used Xanax beyond the "cute Zanny/Xanax alliteration? I know the forensic testing was negative for this and any other drug.

Can anyone tell me which "jailhouse" letter(s) from Casey makes reference to using CHLOROFORM to keep Caylee quiet, or make her sleep?
TIA

IIRC, she never said that in any of the actual letters. That was testified to by one of her jailmates. She supposedly told her fellow inmate about that. But the state decided the inmate was not credible enough to testify I imagine.

That's why some people call it "Babydryl." I've heard that this practice of drugging babies to sleep is not that rare.

When I was a baby and had colic, the old army nurse at the hospital told my mother to put a couple drops of whisky in my bottle. She did! Can you imagine?

I was so paranoid about putting any medicine in my infant. I still check and double check when I give him anything and he's 16!!! LOL

Aqua

LOL...I know what ya mean...when I was little and sick with chest/head cold my parents would make hot toddy's with whisky in it serve it to us before bedtime and in a day or two I would be all better.. Can you imagine doing that today?

When my MIL was in hospice, I ,alone ,was flying across country in the middle of the night with a 2 yr old and a 5 yr old. My 5 yr old would cry that his ears hurt and my 2 yr old cried just to hear herself cry. I now shamefully admit that I turned to Benadryl for the last 3 flights we took. But my pediatrician suggested it for my son because his ears hurt in the plane.

My Irish grandmother, Bless Her Soul, dipped frozen chew toys in whiskey for my teething infants. LOL
This juror #11 is really getting to me. He just about accused George of murder. And he has the nerve to call the state's case pure speculation, and he accepts Baez's fairy tale, hook, line and sinker. Ewwwwwwwwwww. I bet Casey tries to look him up soon.

LOL...I know what ya mean...when I was little and sick with chest/head cold my parents would make hot toddy's with whisky in it serve it to us before bedtime and in a day or two I would be all better.. Can you imagine doing that today?

I got the whiskey and hot lemon juice treatment as well. :woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member