2011.07.11- 07.18 Sidebar Thread (Post-Verdict)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, who are the three major news organizations allowed in the jail tonight? I'm betting Casey is released in a caravan of many vehicles and taken to Orlando International Airport. Adios You're on your own now.

As long as they get her off their property safely. Wherever she goes will be a secret for about ten minutes... :innocent:

They may not remove Casey from the system as soon as they release her, I am sure they know that people check the database constantly...

This was only 18 miles from me, can anyone get the police report? Is TMZ a reliabel source? I'll try to find out anything I can about it. :waitasec:

yeah tmz is owned by harvey levin and he's an attorney. he said he read the police report so yeah tmz is reliable!

Your post brings up something I'm curious about. You said, "She must be the most hated woman in the US."

I don't hate Casey Anthony and I don't understand why anyone else does. I'm aware that many people believe she killed her daughter Caylee, in fact I lean that way myself. However, I don't hate HER, I don't even know her. What I do hate is what she did/may have done. I can hate the action but I don't necessarily hate the person who may have done it. I cannot hate someone I don't know and I don't understand all the hatred that is going around.

I hate what she has done to Caylee, her party life was more important. I hate that she was able to sit on her butt all day and party at night when so many single parents work themselves to the bone to support their children. And I hate that her parents allowed this action to go on for so long. I hate that they were constantly in the news even stating Caylee was alive when they had just directed a televised memorial for her. What I really really hate is that our justice system gives more rights to the perp than the victim and the fear of hung juries and mistrials rule the day. Yes, I belive we need good defense lawyers to protect the innocent - I think we had no innocent or good defense lawyers here. I hate that there are people who get paid big dollars to pick a swarmy jury. I am glad there are people like the state had and the LE people involved with this case who really tried and did their jobs well.

I have to put my hates aside somehow because those hates will only chew me up and cause me to not see the positive things in life. That is up to me, not the DT.

I haven't been able to post since the verdict. I'm still :cry:

I just don't "get it".

I just had to come on and say how sad and angry I am today. I can't believe that 12 people were stupid enough to find Casey not guilty of some means of killing beautiful Caylee. Even if it was not intentional, the evidence was clearly there that Casey was responsible for the death of her daughter. If the jurors read here, I want them to know how irresponsible and horrible it was to acquit Casey. They should live with guilt forever, because the reason they acquitted her was based on laziness, greed and impure motives. Otherwise, it was from plain stupidity (but I only think that was part of it). It's just so sad that children are not protected - especially from those who are supposed to take care of them and love and cherish them the most. And then when those people are not held responsible for their actions, it makes it even worse. I am truly heartbroken and feel nothing but contempt for Casey, those jurors, or anyone else supporting her.

For anyone that has a facebook account do a search on Casey Anthony, you won't believe your eyes, must be over one hundred pages, I lost all desire to count them.

Thanks Natsound - that is a good article.

I take exception to the part about the people who "don't trust the jury system".

This trial has highlighted the deficiencies within our current jury system. By their own words, members of this jury revealed that they did not do what they were instructed to do. They used their own criteria to render a verdict and clearly did not understand some of the jury instructions.

To accuse those who vociferously disagree with the verdict (and criticize the justifications for the verdict) as being somehow unpatriotic and against the constitution is offensive.

We have seen our jury system corrupted by jury selection experts.
We have seen our jury system corrupted by "stealth" jurors who render a surprise verdict with an eye toward how much they will gain financially for said verdict.
We have seen people excused from jury duty for any reason with the result being a jury too dumb to get out of jury duty.
We have seen on TV both the OJ Simpson trial and the Casey Anthony trial

We have a right and responsibility to speak out - it is our duty and obligation as citizens. It is also the duty and obligation of our respective legislatures to enact some changes. There have been some excellent suggestions on this Websleuth forum.

I don't want the next Casey Anthony acquitted.

I just don't "get it".

Me too.... I am totally shattered..... still cry every day for the injustice to Caylee ... I have no words of encouragement to contribute ... no information to contribute to what I thought was going to be justice for Caylee.... I cannot bear to watch the Inmate or her defense team or Caylee's grandparents, or hear their voices.... I never ever expected that outcome in a CHILD MURDER case .... cannot get past the fact that nothing can be done about the verdict ... I have faith that all the guilty will face judgment eventually ... just so hard to wait for justice .... thank you to all who have been posting their thoughts and feelings and updates for all of us to follow

Ohhhh ok, she comes up if I just type in "Anthony". She used to come up when I typed in "Anthony, Casey".....and, not that it matters, but I'm pretty sure it never listed her middle name like that....odd.

Ok, thanks guys, I'm on major alert because I still think she'll be let out at a time where people are not expecting it.

I have frequently seen her information listed with her middle name. I assume this is because of how the indictment was written.

Me too.... I am totally shattered..... still cry every day for the injustice to Caylee ... I have no words of encouragement to contribute ... no information to contribute to what I thought was going to be justice for Caylee.... I cannot bear to watch the Inmate or her defense team or Caylee's grandparents, or hear their voices.... I never ever expected that outcome in a CHILD MURDER case .... cannot get past the fact that nothing can be done about the verdict ... I have faith that all the guilty will face judgment eventually ... just so hard to wait for justice .... thank you to all who have been posting their thoughts and feelings and updates for all of us to follow

BBM. "totally shattered" is something else I don't understand. It would take the death of one of my children or grandchildren to totally shatter me; the death of a little child I didn't know would would make me angry, feel a lot of sorrow, but it wouldn't "totally shatter" me. I wasn't "totally shattered" when my own cousin was murdered and the murderer never found. I felt awful, was very sad, but totally shattered? No, I wasn't.

Maybe because I'm older I've learned you cannot bleed for all the injustice in the world, all the pain, and all the hurt - there is only so much one human body can bear. Not one of us, with hate or tears, can change things one iota. I believe the only way things can be changed is through prayer and action, but beware of some actions - you may just get what you ask for, such as a change in double jeopardy or the jury system. What we now have is the result of hundreds of years of blood, sweat, and tears by our forefathers. It has seemed to work, even with glitches, for a very long time, and I hope it continues for many hundreds of years more. Once we start making changes to "fit" one unpopular verdict or another, we are headed down a very slippery slope and I believe the end will be nothing any of us want.

My opinion only

It makes me happy to see you here ThinkTank as you have been one of the mentors of WS for many months before the trial with your extensive posting of documents and facts. I alway relied on what you posted to be the true word. I could "feel" out there how shattered you were - I know it took me two days after the verdict before I could even open the WS site, and in some way it has helped and in some ways it has made it worse being here. I'm still searching for a "place of peace" and here we have been bombarded by posts justifying this verdict while misquoting or ignoring facts of evidence, and we've now heard the the "reasons" why three jurors voted the way they did. All inconceivable that they took their responsibilities so lightly and could not even apply common sense to a wealth of information.

I have watched ICA poison everything she touches for the last three years. The only thing that makes me struggle through my incredible sorrow and shame that Caylee will never have justice is - the very strong will I have to cleanse my soul from that poison that is ICA. This has to remain in my heart as the purity of the lost child, and not the sleaze and slime that is the mother who destroyed her.

I have to remind myself there is no logic to madness - and no matter how hard or right I try to make this in my mind and heart, I work to accept that I will never be able to. Because it never will be "right", or even "alright". I hope we all will get to that point one day.

Hugs my friend and good to see you with us again.

bobkealing Guy from #Cincinnati named @jeffruby placed this half page ad in @orlandosentinel. Comment on #CaseyAnthony case. http://t.co/GPUsh7B

I have frequently seen her information listed with her middle name. I assume this is because of how the indictment was written.

I'm wondering if some thing I read a couple days after the verdict is what might be causing the confusion. The OC jail didn't take ICA back to the same cell, and the angry prisoners around her that she had been leading up to the trial, but moved her to a new one in a different location with in the lock-up to "keep the peace" within the jail.

I just don't "get it".

I hear you. Just started posting again; after the verdict my head just kind of exploded. But I couldn't stay away from Websleuths ... I lurked and read. It helped.

Thanks Trident for your perspective.

I think what we are seeing in our jury system is "glitches" turning into gulches.

I would like to see the following changes which are really a return to how things were done in the past:

Only the most compelling reasons for avoiding jury duty - 1st 12 names called, serve
Consider eliminating sequestered juries
Increase the per diem for jury duty
A pretrial information/education session for jurors (What is evidence?, etc)
A law to prevent jurors from monetizing their jury service
Eliminate the "death qualified juror" requirement for a capital case

I don't advocate abolishing the Double Jeopardy clause. I don't advocate professional juries. I do advocate a rolling back of the creeping corruption of our jury selection process. I think appropriate changes would restore confidence in our jury system.

BBM. "totally shattered" is something else I don't understand. It would take the death of one of my children or grandchildren to totally shatter me; the death of a little child I didn't know would would make me angry, feel a lot of sorrow, but it wouldn't "totally shatter" me. I wasn't "totally shattered" when my own cousin was murdered and the murderer never found. I felt awful, was very sad, but totally shattered? No, I wasn't.

Maybe because I'm older I've learned you cannot bleed for all the injustice in the world, all the pain, and all the hurt - there is only so much one human body can bear. Not one of us, with hate or tears, can change things one iota. I believe the only way things can be changed is through prayer and action, but beware of some actions - you may just get what you ask for, such as a change in double jeopardy or the jury system. What we now have is the result of hundreds of years of blood, sweat, and tears by our forefathers. It has seemed to work, even with glitches, for a very long time, and I hope it continues for many hundreds of years more. Once we start making changes to "fit" one unpopular verdict or another, we are headed down a very slippery slope and I believe the end will be nothing any of us want.

My opinion only

I've given your answer to ThinkTank some thought Trident and believe I can respond or at least make an effort.

I feel secure in my person, myself and my belief system. I live my life with "an open heart" and feel no need to view cases like this from a safe and objective distance. And it is because I believe one person can make a difference. Because when I live with an open heart, I find I am not alone, that there are other of us with a belief in truth and justice who are willing to risk the pain of injustice and lack of truth and "stand as witnesses". I care particularly about injustices to the vulnerable and in particular, to children.

Caylee died a horrible death and was discarded as if she was a bag of rubbish. And to me, Caylee represented all children who just by being alive suffer similar fates. Injustices will continue to happen if the world does not recognize it when it does happen, and object to it. And work to correct it.

And in this case, with a system in place we hoped would punish this child cruelty, we watched as the justice system we all relied on failed. It failed because there was no justice for Caylee. When we with open hearts saw it happen, it is only natural we felt shattered. Because never is a long time, and all hope for justice is gone. The world is focusing on the individual who will never pay for her crimes - and I am focused on a child who will never receive justice. And the loss of hope is very painful indeed. I'm old also, but the day I lose complete hope is the day I die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState