2011.07.11 Greta Van Sustern interview with Jury Foreperson

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which explains why he thinks Casey is not guilty since they think alike :floorlaugh:

Had the jurors who wanted to speak, spoken right after the verdict, maybe - just maybe, they would be taken a little more seriously. Before they knew the impact their verdict had on the public. Anything that came after is trying to defend the verdict instead of explain. And the more time that goes on, the higher the price for their excuses - er thoughts.

This is sure to impact future jurors in high profile cases - those trying to get out of it - and those wanting to get in on it... little to do with justice.

As Abe Lincoln said: "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth a remove all doubt."

I think all doubt has been removed as to the jurors who have spoken out (particularly the foreman).

(After listening to a few snippets from this mental giant, one lawyer on TV was prompted to suggest there be an IQ test before being accepted onto a jury.)

Funny the foreman thought he could "read people". He doesn't get that the jury selection expert on the defense team is the one able to read people - she read him just perfectly and he is now confirming why they wanted him.

Yeah, yeah. I already corrected my error. I don't think the degree gives him the ability to read people, but his profession may very well provide him with that skill. Good teachers need to acquire effective communication skills, which would include listening and reading body language. JMOO.

I'm going to respectfully disagree with you here. I was in school for commercial tourism(8 years ago). Aside from all the core classes, my major fell into recreation. Now, unlike the other teaching degrees, PE falls into recreation as well. It was always joked about that we had the cake classes and I was always offended that people would think I didn't have to work or study....until I actually began those classes! I was typically the only female in the class made up of mostly team sports players and their coaches as our "professors." There was no studying.There was no learning. It was all open book, here is your "practice test" make sure you learn it for the midterm. The only communication skills that went on were along the lines of training for whatever season of ball it was. Oh, my health and wellness "professor" was a first year assistant coach who DIDN't KNOW he was required to teach a class(his actual words!) so could we just decide on what track we wanted to follow for class. Yup, sad as it is, this is what a degree in physical education or commercial recreation gets you...I'm returning to school this fall for a different degree.

I agree - He appears to me to not like LE. Hence all the negative he said about JA. Also he thinks GA is guilty of murder - and he is ex-LE. So I can see he doesn't like LE. I bet he is jealous of his bro the FBI because he could not do something like this.

Was this juror aware it was not a "talent" contest? He was not voting for "American Idol". He was suppose to listen to what was presented and not judge the evidence by who was presenting it. The judge gave strick orders not to do that. It seems as if they just totally disregarding any instructions they were given...even reasonable doubt.

I find it hard to believe this jury did not know they could ask the judge to clarify their doubts when they had no problem asking for pretzels or asking for permission to watch a game. jmo

I'm going to respectfully disagree with you here. I was in school for commercial tourism(8 years ago). Aside from all the core classes, my major fell into recreation. Now, unlike the other teaching degrees, PE falls into recreation as well. It was always joked about that we had the cake classes and I was always offended that people would think I didn't have to work or study....until I actually began those classes! I was typically the only female in the class made up of mostly team sports players and their coaches as our "professors." There was no studying.There was no learning. It was all open book, here is your "practice test" make sure you learn it for the midterm. The only communication skills that went on were along the lines of training for whatever season of ball it was. Oh, my health and wellness "professor" was a first year assistant coach who DIDN't KNOW he was required to teach a class(his actual words!) so could we just decide on what track we wanted to follow for class. Yup, sad as it is, this is what a degree in physical education or commercial recreation gets you...I'm returning to school this fall for a different degree.

There is an old saying that has been around for a long time. "Those who can, teach. Those who can't, are PE instructors." Not how I feel but this saying has been around for a long, long time and has not died out. lol I think the jurors who are hiding out are the ones with the real story. jmo

There is an old saying that has been around for a long time. "Those who can, teach. Those who can't, are PE instructors." Not how I feel but this saying has been around for a long, long time and has not died out. lol I think the jurors who are hiding out are the ones with the real story. jmo

Well one thing is crystal clear - he either did not take or he flunked all of his English classes.

As an aside, I have tremendous respect for teachers - just not this teacher.

If he is so good at reading people, he sure fell short reading the DT, especially Jose, all fluff no substance. And how did he read Casey with all those jail house tapes!!!
The more they talk the more I feel I am right. The verdict was all about money. The only thing new information for me now I know who the ringleader is/was.

I wonder if juror #11 if pissed with juror#6 for getting a publicist and exposing their VERDICT FOR MONEY. It was not part of the plan. They were probably to lay low and let the press come to them. Too bad, too late the cat is out of the bag, can't unring the bell. Whatever they say now means nothing, or at best just confirms my opinion, they did it for fame and fortune.

The 11 hours (not even 11 hours with lunch and breaks) were probably spent convincing the guilty jurors to change to not guilty. my opinion only

Part I, part II interview with GVS....ok Juror #11. 15 mins of fame is up...go home now.

Was this juror aware it was not a "talent" contest? He was not voting for "American Idol". He was suppose to listen to what was presented and not judge the evidence by who was presenting it. The judge gave strick orders not to do that. It seems as if they just totally disregarding any instructions they were given...even reasonable doubt.

I find it hard to believe this jury did not know they could ask the judge to clarify their doubts when they had no problem asking for pretzels or asking for permission to watch a game. jmo

They didn't have to ask the judge. They had the expert who could read people as their foreman, and he had taken 400 pages of notes, so he had all the answers. I hope after a period of time, some of the other jurors speak out. I think some of them may be laid-back people who try to please those around them, and just weren't up to arguing against powerful leaders regardless of the consequences.

I agree - He appears to me to not like LE. Hence all the negative he said about JA. Also he thinks GA is guilty of murder - and he is ex-LE. So I can see he doesn't like LE. I bet he is jealous of his bro the FBI because he could not do something like this.

Even as an ex-LE he would know that no police officer would have EVER disposed of a body by throwing it down the street in a populated area. Not with all those lakes in the area full of alligators. It's common sense and more on the lines of what an inexperienced 22 year old might do. Drew Pearson certainly did not have a problem. They still have not found Stacy. jmo

If he is so good at reading people, he sure fell short reading the DT, especially Jose, all fluff no substance. And how did he read Casey with all those jail house tapes!!!
The more they talk the more I feel I am right. The verdict was all about money. The only thing new information for me now I know who the ringleader is/was.

I wonder if juror #11 if pissed with juror#6 for getting a publicist and exposing their VERDICT FOR MONEY. It was not part of the plan. They were probably to lay low and let the press come to them. Too bad, too late the cat is out of the bag, can't unring the bell. Whatever they say now means nothing, or at best just confirms my opinion, they did it for fame and fortune.

The 11 hours (not even 11 hours with lunch and breaks) were probably spent convincing the guilty jurors to change to not guilty. my opinion only

Tweets from Mark NeJame (Former Anthony Family Attorney) this am:

News coming soon about new law in Florida not allowing jurors to get paid for story.

Working on new law disallowing juror to get paid on story for 6 months after service.

Even as an ex-LE he would know that no police officer would have EVER disposed of a body by throwing it down the street in a populated area. Not with all those lakes in the area full of alligators. It's common sense and more on the lines of what an inexperienced 22 year old might do. Drew Pearson certainly did not have a problem. They still have not found Stacy. jmo

Absolutely! A 6 year old child would know to hide a "crime" better than that! Caylee wasn't placed in the swamp because of any reason other than LAZINESS and CONVENIENCE. If you google the remains site, it's so easy to see that those woods are the CLOSEST woods to the A's house. Only person that lazy on the planet is Casey. MOO

"Grey area"=what sits on top of his shoulders & the same goes for the other 11.

They didn't have to ask the judge. They had the expert who could read people as their foreman, and he had taken 400 pages of notes, so he had all the answers. I hope after a period of time, some of the other jurors speak out. I think some of them may be laid-back people who try to please those around them, and just weren't up to arguing against powerful leaders regardless of the consequences.

I really would like to hear from the other jurors. They could have been the laid-back type but they could have also felt intimidated by the fact that these two jurors apparently had very strong convictions based entirely on not having an understanding of what the jury instructions were. Juror #3 appears to want to argue that fact. Sometimes it is easier to just give in that insist on getting some clarification. Defense did not bring an proof of any kind into that courtroom, just accusations. SA had all the science yet they based their opinions on "reading people", feelings that GA was guilty of something but they weren't sure of what and thought KC was "sincere" but found her guilty of four counts of lying to a police officer. FYI. I doubt the jury even knew those cans with the carpet samples were not in the room with them. jmo

Yeah, yeah. I already corrected my error. I don't think the degree gives him the ability to read people, but his profession may very well provide him with that skill. Good teachers need to acquire effective communication skills, which would include listening and reading body language. JMOO.
I cannot speak for juror #11, but you are quite correct about the bolded.

For those who are snarking on PE Teachers:
ETA: Not all Physical Education teachers are like juror #11. The bashing is getting bothersome.

Part I, part II interview with GVS....ok Juror #11. 15 mins of fame is up...go home now.

Not yet, Part III coming up tonight--wonder how many parts are in the series? :floorlaugh: Would love to know how much he was paid. I do NOT believe Fox didn't pay him.

Absolutely! A 6 year old child would know to hide a "crime" better than that! Caylee wasn't placed in the swamp because of any reason other than LAZINESS and CONVENIENCE. If you google the remains site, it's so easy to see that those woods are the CLOSEST woods to the A's house. Only person that lazy on the planet is Casey. MOO

Plus the fact that if KC left the home on a regular basis to go to work and bring Caylee to the babysitters (GA saying KC left the house just like any ordinary day) where did she go. She had access to very little gas to drive around for 3 hours. So where did KC go? Her pings on the 16th show her in the neighborhood as if she was home. Was Suburban Drive a place where she would go and sit with Caylee until her father left the house? How is it possible to leave for work everyday as usual, not have money for gas and be riding around all over town. She had to have a place to go if friends were working, in school or just not available. Maybe Suburban Drive was all too familiar to KC? jmo

respectfully snipped

If only Juror #11 spent as much time reading the jury instructions as he did reading people, we'd all be the better for it. :rolleyes:

My dad uses that saying a lot! I won't say all the PE students in there were meatheads,but I will say that they don't call em cake classes for nothing. I had one coach/professor that was great. He thought the class was a joke, but he saw I was taking it seriously. After getting the ONLY A on a midterm we were told to study our "practice test" for(the rest of the class got D's and F's,I believe 2 C's were in there) the Coach told me to not bother coming back to class. It was a total waste of my time and he graded me out for the semester based on everything up to the midterm.

I DO think that if we ever hear from the other jurors we might get a more complete story,but at this point, if I was a juror, I'm not so sure I wouldn't change my name and move to Abu Dhabi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties