2011.07.11 Greta Van Sustern interview with Jury Foreperson

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh please. A single woman with no kids, gets to stay at a NICE hotel for free, cry me a damn river. There needs to be a way to weed out these idiots from juries.

They got to eat out frequently as well and they reportedly saw 3 new release movies according to an article I read ("Hangover 2", "The Green Lantern", and "Super 8"). I haven't been to 3 new release movies in the past year, never mind in the past 6 weeks. LOL

I swear some of these jurors are acting like they got deployed to the front lines in Afghanistan for 6 weeks.

#3 said she could have found her guilty of lesser charges if she had been charged with them. She didn't even know there were lesser charges. She also said she didn't need to deliberate so I guess she slept through this part. I wonder how she would feel if a jury behaved this way and it was her dead 2 year.

Did you see her facebook picture at Disney. I think it was the day after the verdict. There was link here a few days ago.

No, their job was to prove premeditated murder beyond a reasonable doubt. They didn't do that, IMO. The jury can't just "give" a guilty verdict because they want to find justice for Caylee. It doesn't work that way.

bbm

I'm almost positive Baez said at one point in closing "beyond ANY doubt" or very close to that..I was waiting for an 'objection' but one never came..He said it so fast during one of his more dramatic moments I think it was simply not heard by the state.

I haven't had a chance to track down a transcript yet..If anyone happens to have a link handy (not to the video) I'd appreciate it :)

He really did not like Aston. When Greta asked about the prosecution he paused, then I think she said "professional?" WOW I think he felt threatened by Aston and LDB. They were too intelligent and articulate for him.

I truly,honestly think this was part of the problem. JA was a frickin' GENIUS up there....he knew everything about the forensics, it was absolutely amazing to watch. JB was a total goof and unprofessional. The problem when you pick a jury comprised of 'regular' people of average to low education level or intelligence, is that they tend to get intimidated by those they view as 'superior'. JA and LDB simply were in a class of their own. I think people on here at certain points during the trial pointed out that JA's intelligence might be too much for some people. After hearing these jurors speak, and this is not meant to be an insult, but honestly, they are not that smart. They simply related to JB and his dramatic theories (everyone loves a good soap opera story). Sadly, it's what has become of humanity. We love a good CSI or Law and Order episode with fake dramatics and over-the-top storylines. They simply related to child abuse, drowning, controlling parents more than the likes of genius minds like Vass, Haskell, Bloise, etc... IMO

He did. He said there were 6 guilty's (2 Felony murder) on the first vote.By the next day "their side" was losing votes.He was the last hold out.

So he must have been the one who felt strongly about 1st degree. I guess he gave in after he was chastised about emotions in front of everyone.

Everyone keeps asking about the 31 days, which is HUGE, but why hasn't someone asked them about what they thought about 'her' lies? What is their explanation. They seem to have an opinion and/or conclusion about George and every other witness' truthfulness and how it created 'gray' area for them. What about her? <then again, am I really read to hear this>

NOW it sickens me, but I really truly think the jury really REALLY liked JB.

I never would post here during the trial about how the prosecutors were so boring to me and well....stuffed shirts. I LOVE them! Don't get me wrong, but....

It's sad and sick and whenever I see a replay of JB, I need to go take a shower; but, I think this jury looks up to him, admires him and feels like they could go have a beer with him.

Isnt JB being looked into for possible witness tampering? Now this is only me thinking out loud and I could be totally wrong. But it makes me wonder if it is even possible he could of tampered with the jury :twocents:

#3 said she could have found her guilty of lesser charges if she had been charged with them. She didn't even know there were lesser charges. She also said she didn't need to deliberate so I guess she slept through this part. I wonder how she would feel if a jury behaved this way and it was her dead 2 year.

She would love it because then she could get away with murder too:sick::sick:

Oh please. A single woman with no kids, gets to stay at a NICE hotel for free, cry me a damn river. There needs to be a way to weed out these idiots from juries.
I would not be surprised to learn that jurors #3 and #11 were a lot closer than just in the jury box so maybe being sequestered wasn't so bad after all. I remember a tweet by Kathy Belich that mentioning some sort of flirtation going on between jurors.

Everyone keeps asking about the 31 days, which is HUGE, but why hasn't someone asked them about what they thought about 'her' lies? What is their explanation. They seem to have an opinion and/or conclusion about George and every other witness' truthfulness and how it created 'gray' area for them. What about her? <then again, am I really read to hear this>

According to the brilliant foreman - they couldn't "legally" take her behavior into consideration. They were tasked with determining cause of death...only.

My head is going to explode.

I truly,honestly think this was part of the problem. JA was a frickin' GENIUS up there....he knew everything about the forensics, it was absolutely amazing to watch. JB was a total goof and unprofessional. The problem when you pick a jury comprised of 'regular' people of average to low education level or intelligence, is that they tend to get intimidated by those they view as 'superior'. JA and LDB simply were in a class of their own. I think people on here at certain points during the trial pointed out that JA's intelligence might be too much for some people. After hearing these jurors speak, and this is not meant to be an insult, but honestly, they are not that smart. They simply related to JB and his dramatic theories (everyone loves a good soap opera story). Sadly, it's what has become of humanity. We love a good CSI or Law and Order episode with fake dramatics and over-the-top storylines. They simply related to child abuse, drowning, controlling parents more than the likes of genius minds like Vass, Haskell, Bloise, etc... IMO

I totally agree. Remember how GA was Aston's first witness. Everyone was talking about how brilliant that was. Then JB was a total failure. He didn't even know how to conduct a cross. We were all laughing at him. That's when the foreman made his decision. He didn't hear anything after that.

The Dateline interview.

It was astounding. This kid just watched HOURS of videotape of Casey LYING to cops, to friends, to her family. BALD FACE LYING ---and he says " I watched her body language and she seemed SINCERE to me. Of course she could be acting."

YA THINK?????????????????????????

These jurors contradict themselves. Each one has made glaring contradictory statements in a single interview. This one calls ICA a liar, and then calls her sincere. What part of her body language was sincere? Sincere as she scowled at the prosecution? Sincere as she wiped her dry eyes? Sincere as she winked and giggled with her team? Sincere as she showed intense anger that in a snap changed when her lawyer turned her way?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032600/vp/43691488#/43691895

I could see him going in there and saying,my brother is an FBI agent so I know about the law..so I vote myself as foreman-what do you guys think?and they said OK!!

He's supposed to be very good looking and they all fell for his "charm." I'm convinced he wanted a NG verdict to up the ante. An unpopular decision is a lot more exciting to the media, they would be lining up to make him offers. Of course he also made sure to become the foreman, isn't that the most likely person for the big interview and book deals?

He saw this trial as his golden ticket. Hate to break it to him, his life will NOT be getting better, we are just not going to let that happen!!!

ITA! JB lucked out in getting a jury that was as simple-minded as he is. If the PT did anything 'wrong', it was in not realizing that this jury was not on the same intellectual plane as they are.

Did you see her facebook picture at Disney. I think it was the day after the verdict. There was link here a few days ago.

This was posted here but the date on the photo is 7/5=verdict day? It also says "while being a juror" but unless the other person with her is also a juror (I don't think so!) that makes no sense=it was verdict day..Confused? lol Me too!

http://twitpic.com/5mldph

It just really bothers me that they could not figure out WHY george might be a bit 'combative' on the witness stand. JB has the bus in high gear, aiming to roll right over him, and George was trying to stand up out of the way. But these jurors act all outraged that he could ' not just say yes or no.'

# 11 totally missed the point about the gas cans. Baez was trying to frame George with that tape on the gas can so of course George was putting up a fight. But #11 just said he was combative. WHO WOULDN'T BE if they were accused of child rape and murder?

The DT must even be laughing at them. They all thought she would be convicted.

I agree. I don't think anyone was more surprised at the verdict then the DT. Even they didn't believe the garbage that came out of their mouths.

I totally agree. Remember how GA was Aston's first witness. Everyone was talking about how brilliant that was. Then JB was a total failure. He didn't even know how to conduct a cross. We were all laughing at him. That's when the foreman made his decision. He didn't hear anything after that.

JMO but I dont think this juror got passed the opening statement. GA was already pegged as a lier before he even took the stand. So they were more critical of his behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech