2011.07.11 Greta Van Sustern interview with Jury Foreperson

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
well, he is a teacher, and from my experience most teachers don't like technology...and don't use it...example they have smart boards here, but teachers can't learn how to use them..they prefer writing on white boards.

I also thought that Jose was deliberately trying to get close to the jury (closer than he's supposed to) ... he was allowed to and took it one step further setting up his big pad so close that Ashton couldn't see it without leaning or being in the jury box ... Ashton complained and Judge Perry made him move back but he pushed it and pushed it ...
He also set up the big pad and blocked the view of the defense table and KC from time to time ...
Not to mention, making the state's experts come down from the witness box and write on his idiotic big pad ... again another tactic ...
There were a lot of Jose's actions in the courtroom that I for one was shocked that the Judge was allowing ... apparently it endeared him to the jury ... barf

The foreman of the jury publicly called George a possible murderer. And did he say that because of any evidence, any witness testimony?

NO, he based that accusation on his 'ability to read people.' One of the other jurors said he could 'read body language' and he decided that Casey was SINCERE. He watched hours of videos where she lied her arse off- yet he deems her 'SINCERE.'

So if anyone is irresponsible for labeling someone as a murderer I would say it was the jurors. They did so publicly. And inaccurately. imoo

The THANKS button was not enough for your post. So many on here say things more succintly than I can, I really agree with what you are saying here.

I also thought that Jose was deliberately trying to get close to the jury (closer than he's supposed to) ... he was allowed to and took it one step further setting up his big pad so close that Ashton couldn't see it without leaning or being in the jury box ... Ashton complained and Judge Perry made him move back but he pushed it and pushed it ...
He also set up the big pad and blocked the view of the defense table and KC from time to time ...
Not to mention, making the state's experts come down from the witness box and write on his idiotic big pad ... again another tactic ...
There were a lot of Jose's actions in the courtroom that I for one was shocked that the Judge was allowing ... apparently it endeared him to the jury ... barf

This jury was made up of people who consider themselves 'outsiders.' What I mean is that they do NOT watch the news, do not read the papers, or magazines. They swore they had no idea anything about this case. And they live in Florida. They admit they have no interest in what is going on in their community or the outside world.

So these people automatically were kind of detached from society at large.
That is why Baez was so alluring, imo. He was the anti-state. The lil guy trying to save his underdog. They bought it hook, line and sinker. I don't think there is anything the state could have done to change the verdict, imo.

I agree with you 100%. I was not happy with the verdict, but I accepted it. My seething anger with the verdict did not start until these first few jurors started talking about what they considered and why the considered it and exactly what went into their decision in their NG verdict on the 1st 3 charges. It is exactly what they are saying now on their TV "interviews" that has my ire up. They did not follow the law, they considered things they were not supposed to, and they did not consider things they should have. Personally, I would myself have not considered any of the A's testimony because IMO they ALL spoke "mis-truths". Also, I can see how the jury would have had a problem with the 84 vs. 1 hit on the "chloroform" website. But when I looked at that computer report, the actual "terms" themselves that were looked up I would have believed, regardless of the # of times the sites were searched or "hit". I do not think they understood in any way how a circumstantial case can work. IMO. and now I am hearing one of the jurors said they were "confused" by the evidence!! THEN ASK SOME QUESTIONS, don't just say, "we were confused, so I am not going to try to figure any of this out, I'll just say not guilty and go home." I think the forensics were over their heads so they just gave up. IMO, MOO, etc.

It's so infuriating to think this is how a jury is allowed to reach a decision ... at least when the defense wins their case ...

Turn this around, if the defense had lost and found out the jurors did what these jurors did, they would be asking for a retrial and getting it ... juror misconduct only seems to be something the defense can use and not the state attorneys ... and something just isn't right about that

This case is proof that the jury system isn't working and needs closer monitoring ...

One more thought about the allegation of George's involvement.

This is a man who called the police to report that his gas cans had been stolen and shed broken into.

Yet, the defense claimed he did not call the police when an "accidental drowning" occurred.

He would call cops about gas cans but not about a drowning? Crazy.

Did they figure the ruffled shirt girl in the teeny chair was just there to entertain them and the guy in the back row, George, was the one actually on trial?

That reminds me of something serious that bugged/bugs me. I'm not a trial attorney so maybe I'm wrong (have to ask my litigator colleagues) but I have never heard of a trial where a side calls witnesses up multiple times for no good reason and often just to ask one or two questions. I'm fairly certain that this is unusual but I also wonder if it is in any way improper especially when Jose used it to constantly get George before the court and jury and ask him, well, accusatory questions intended to perhaps distract a simple minded jury from the defendant to the witness. I was wondering during the trial if this was something the SA could or would object to. Like I said I feel it's unusual and I know it was completely intentional on Jose's part and I thought it was for a nefarious purpsoe at the time and I'm only all that much more convinced now.

How about the foreman labeling George as a killer? Was that justified?"

Was there ANY evidence or testimony pointing to that conclusion?

Exactly. I find it reprehensible that they find the evidence hard to understand, yet they ask 0 questions during deliberations. Isn´t it their duty to at least TRY to understand?
This jury was a disaster, pure and simple.
I agree, this trial was won by the DT during jury selection, they certainly did the better job at that time. also, it was supposed to be a death-qualified jury, the whole "cart before the horse" thingy by AF appeared to have worked.

I am asking if you can justify the jury foreman PUBLICLY stating that the jury thought that George might have killed his granddaughter.

Do you think he was justified in doing so?

Go ahead and take his interview out of context--at this point things have gone so overboard now that I think I just have to shake my head and keep my comments to myself. Like I said. Justify calling the jurors murders all you like.

Cheers follks. Peace and out.

I am asking if you can justify the jury foreman PUBLICLY stating that the jury thought that George might have killed his granddaughter.

Do you think he was justified in doing so?

People were demanding for the jury to speak and say what they were thinking and how they came to their decision......just sayin.

I smell a rat! some times things are not as they seem. This 11th juror is very suspicious. something is not right! who is this guy? who does is he know? how did he get called for jury duty?

I agree, an investigation is needed.:detective:

What if Caylee hadn´t been Casey´s daughter, but somebody else´s child, would the jury also have been so indifferent to understanding the evidence?
Is it because it was her own child they didn´t care much??

I agree, an investigation is needed.:detective:

I know that we are expected to accept their decision and we have no recourse but when these people keep revealing their misunderstanding of their responsibiltiy and the jury instructions...it is maddening!!!!

This jury was made up of people who consider themselves 'outsiders.' What I mean is that they do NOT watch the news, do not read the papers, or magazines. They swore they had no idea anything about this case. And they live in Florida. They admit they have no interest in what is going on in their community or the outside world.

So these people automatically were kind of detached from society at large.
That is why Baez was so alluring, imo. He was the anti-state. The lil guy trying to save his underdog. They bought it hook, line and sinker. I don't think there is anything the state could have done to change the verdict, imo.

I understand the detachment for some of the jurors was an issue but also know for such a high profile case going on for 3 years that some weren't completely honest about what they had already heard about it ...

I feel there was definitely an anti-establishment vibe at work and I will give the defense credit for one thing ... making KC look like a young, defenseless girl ... pampering her, hugging and patting her and helping the poor thing get thru this awful trial ... like letting her lower her chair as far as it would go, stacking notebooks in front of her ... having her act like a paralegal ...IMO Judge Perry should have held everyone to courtroom rules of decorum much more than he did ... he gave the defense a lot of leeway

Granted it would not have swayed me one bit but it seems to have with this jury ... this foreman said she looked sincere ? .... so they bought the boo hooing and not being able to bring herself to look at any of the awful pictures of her daughter ...

How on earth this jury wasn't shocked by the evidence presented by the state and discounted it as speculation is beyond my comprehension ... but Jose wasn't speculating ? Not even in OS ? ....

Like I've said ... something is just plain fishy ...

The fact they would think GA would find his dead, drowned granddaughter and then hide the body, make it look like a murder, garbage bag it and throw it in the swamp, tell ICA to lie about it, and that she would go with this while sitting in jail etc. is just really a sad commentary on the common sense of these jurors. This is NOT reasonable doubt!

:banghead:

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/on-th...an-reveals-what-happened-inside-delibe?page=2

VAN SUSTEREN: Why, after the verdict, you -- didn't the jury give a press conference? Which you are not obliged to give, by any means. I don't mean to suggest it.

Juror #11: There was sobbing. There was tears. There was just a lot of people that really didn't want to talk. That's what we did - - you know, we talked to each other hour upon hour. We wanted to unwind. We didn't want to have to answer questions. We needed time. It was a situation where we really needed time.

And with me being the foreman, I told them, you know, this is something that we just really need to give us some time and look us up later because we can't do this now.

And we -- we -- all of us came to an agreement on that. But you know, for us and our best interests and for you guys to get the best story that you needed, we needed just some time for us to unwind and gather our thoughts.

-------key point: "for us and our best interests".

So much for the public being told. Funny how they ignore the laws for some and not for others:twocents:

I just checked again, she is still listed there. If you put in her last name only she will come up with 2 other inmates with the same last name.

I just checked again, she is still listed there. If you put in her last name only she will come up with 2 other inmates with the same last name.

Thanks ... that's really wierd ... if you put in Anthony, Casey or Anthony, Casey Marie ... nothin ... wonder why they changed it ? Anthony, Casey was working up until today

u know.......I said i was gonna stay away but i was talking to my hubby about all of this, and he didnt really follow it. I mentioned to him the lady that retired early and left florida, and do u know what he said to me. Wow, she took her money and ran didnt she. This coming from a person who didnt really follow the case but has now seen the aftermath and listened to some of the juror explanations. SOmething is really fishy and I dont like how they are all using the same catch phrases and sounding exactly like the dt. Somethings not right and the juror furor seems justified to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artificiallife86