2011.07.11 Greta Van Sustern interview with Jury Foreperson

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize; I shouldn’t have commented on your post and should have just posted it in general. I was just surprise that there were several posts about this guy's laundry. It just seemed petty to me. I don't think there is anything wrong with what he said. She asked him about Juror #12 and he said she was like the den mother to all of them and lightheartedly said she even did his laundry. Who knows, he might have said something in addition to that but it wasn't selected to be put into the interview. Either way, I don't see what the big deal is, in fact I saw it as an endearing remark, expressing how they became more of a family instead of 16 strangers stuck together for weeks.

Family? More like a cult. And that's gross washing a strange man's underwear, I dont care how much he looks like "Johnny Depp" supposedly. We need IQ tests and weirdo tests for juries...

As I stated in my post above, who knows what else he said during the interview and what was/wasn't aired. I guess we see it differently, as I saw it as a lighthearted comment. I definitely didn't see it like some did as I didn't feel like puking when I heard it. Honestly at this point I think anything any of the jurors say will be criticized and dissected to no end. Funny when you think about it, because if the same jury came back with a guilty verdict everyone would be talking about how intelligent and selfless they were.

With all due respect, if you can find me any posts or discussions about someone washing and folding a strange man's underwear where we all thought it was cute and charming, I'd like to see them. I don't care what verdict they came up with, I think it's gross. I may have just ignored it and been polite if they had come up with the right verdict and not sounded like complete ignoramuses in every interview, but since they didn't, I can add to the list (growing longer every day) of why I am disgusted in this jury. I still keep remembering that article where the guy said he thought they all looked like hillbillies from the very start, and his friends got mad at him for saying so... If only they knew

I agree with your interpretation of the caregiver instructions, 3doglady, but George (according to his testimony) was there all that morning. Remember, after much word scrabble, Jose finally settled on the drowning having happened in the morning, early morning as I recall. So that part I can put together. What I really don't understand is what time period he considers "the gray area." If early morning means 3AM then Cindy should have been included equally in their suspicions.

In any case, it sounds like they agreed that Casey was there. If she was there she was also a caregiver. They shouldn't have concerned themselves with George's guilt (or innocence) because if they agreed that Casey was there, even if George did something bad, Casey either participated or should have prevented it. She was responsible, at the very least, for negligence. . . but much, much more to my way of thinking.

BBM The foreman said CA went to work so he's referring to the time after she left. He kept emphasizing that GA was there ALL the time. He said that repeatedly. Maybe he meant just during the morning. but the way he emphasizing there and all made me think he thought GA was there all day. He never mentioned that GA went to work. I just think the foreman convinced them of his theory about GA and that put doubt in their mind.

don't want to be overly judgmental, but were there any real adults on that jury? mature adults. adults with professional careers that require intelligence, critical thinking, responsibility for others? you know, grown ups. heck, that gym teacher / foreman clown struck me as one or two steps removed (if that) from an xbox junkie, while juror #3's muddle headed explanations and vacant expression smacked of spring break. hey, i'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but, honestly, good grief. on a positive note, ashleigh banfield is still smokin' after all of these years... i know, real mature.

With all due respect, if you can find me any posts or discussions about someone washing and folding a strange man's underwear where we all thought it was cute and charming, I'd like to see them. I don't care what verdict they came up with, I think it's gross. I may have just ignored it and been polite if they had come up with the right verdict and not sounded like complete ignoramuses in every interview, but since they didn't, I can add to the list (growing longer every day) of why I am disgusted in this jury. I still keep remembering that article where the guy said he thought they all looked like hillbillies from the very start, and his friends got mad at him for saying so... If only they knew

I NEVER said that anyone said it was cute or charming. I said that I thought what he said was meant as a lighthearted comment in response to the interviewer question. As for the guy you read about…insulting their character and calling them hillbillies because of the way they look is far more ignorant then anything any of the jurors have said in an interview.

Family? More like a cult. And that's gross washing a strange man's underwear, I dont care how much he looks like "Johnny Depp" supposedly. We need IQ tests and weirdo tests for juries...

So I guess every sequested jury that is stuck together for weeks is a cult? Or is it just the ones who don't do what the majority wants them to do?

I NEVER said that anyone said it was cute or charming. I said that I thought what he said was meant as a lighthearted comment in response to the interviewer question. As for the guy you read about…insulting their character and calling them hillbillies because of the way they look is far more ignorant then anything any of the jurors have said in an interview.

I know you didnt say that, but since you said if they had come to the right verdict we would all be saying great things about them, I just wanted to point out that I think the underwear thing is weird, I am not just taking everything they say as horrible because of the verdict they came up with.

As for the hillbilly part, I might agree with you, except he turned out to be right. They sound like morons to me. The verdict itself is proof they're morons. I am not trying to be argumentative with you in any way, Im sorry if it came out like I did, I am just really angry over this whole verdict and the closer it gets to the Momster's release date, the less I hide my true feelings for those 12.

The Foreman went from not wanting to show his face and not doing any other IVs after Greta to both within a 24 hour period. He lies too. No wonder he connected so well with ICA. LOL

I noticed he changed his tune some as well. He's "mortified" she is making money? He didn't figure out that was bound to happen when he set her free? And now he "knows" she's involved. Too late, buddy. You already set her loose back into society where she can procreate and kill again.

BBM The foreman said CA went to work so he's referring to the time after she left. He kept emphasizing that GA was there ALL the time. He said that repeatedly. Maybe he meant just during the morning. but the way he emphasizing there and all made me think he thought GA was there all day. He never mentioned that GA went to work. I just think the foreman convinced them of his theory about GA and that put doubt in their mind.

They totally overlooked the fact that GA went to work. And what in God's name would GA have to gain by that baby being dead? She was his world.

So I guess every sequested jury that is stuck together for weeks is a cult? Or is it just the ones who don't do what the majority wants them to do?

Just the one's that somehow all come up with an irrational verdict that doesn't fit the evidence. Even most of the experts were saying there was enough for at least a manslaughter conviction, they see trials and the outcomes every day, everyone was shocked at the verdict.

But he did not show his face, not really. He did back of the head, and side shots only. They will need to buck up some more cash to get the frontal view. If we want to see the Clooney wannabe in all his glory someone needs to pony up some more cash. Yuk

I thought it was funny the way Banfield said he wants to remain "somewhat" anonymous. Then she said he was a football coach for a Pinellas Co High School, like she thought "Ha, Ha, who can't figure out who you are?"

Fits right in with Genius Number 3 who thinks that the state proposed that Casey chloroformed Caylee in a public place. Maybe she was too busy thinking about the Dessert Cart when they explained that she pretended to go to work, and then came home right after her dad went to work, like she always did.

Fits right in with Genius Number 3 who thinks that the state proposed the Casey chloroformed Caylee in a public place. Maybe she was too busy thinking about the Dessert Cart when they explained that she pretended to go to work, and then came home right after her dad went to work, like she always did.

#3 didn't even realize lesser charges were included. She also said she didn't even need to deliberate. And she wonders why people are outraged? There is a dead baby here. At least take the time to understand the exact charges against her.

I know you didnt say that, but since you said if they had come to the right verdict we would all be saying great things about them, I just wanted to point out that I think the underwear thing is weird, I am not just taking everything they say as horrible because of the verdict they came up with.

As for the hillbilly part, I might agree with you, except he turned out to be right. They sound like morons to me. The verdict itself is proof they're morons. I am not trying to be argumentative with you in any way, Im sorry if it came out like I did, I am just really angry over this whole verdict and the closer it gets to the Momster's release date, the less I hide my true feelings for those 12.

I appreciate your honesty but the verdict is not proof that they are morons. There are many people who felt that she is guilty but also felt that the SA didn't prove it BARD. I don't like the verdict either but just because it wasn't what I wanted doesn't give me the right to belittle everything the jury says or does. They are 12 people who did their civic duty and they are being portrayed as bad if not worse than Casey herself. They were selected to render a verdict, not just the verdict that the public wanted.

Just the one's that somehow all come up with an irrational verdict that doesn't fit the evidence. Even most of the experts were saying there was enough for at least a manslaughter conviction, they see trials and the outcomes every day, everyone was shocked at the verdict.

Not everyone is shocked by the verdict. I know several people who watched the trial and only the trial, who thought she wouldn't be found guilty. When I asked why they all said the same thing...there was too much reasonable doubt and nothing directly linking her to a murder. Now whether we believe that to be true doesn't matter, the jury apparently saw it the same way.

I appreciate your honesty but the verdict is not proof that they are morons. There are many people who felt that she is guilty but also felt that the SA didn't prove it BARD. I don't like the verdict either but just because it wasn't what I wanted doesn't give me the right to belittle everything the jury says or does. They are 12 people who did their civic duty and they are being portrayed as bad if not worse than Casey herself. They were selected to render a verdict, not just the verdict that the public wanted.

You are a better person than me, I just can't see it that way. The more I hear their reasoning, the worse I feel about them. Im sure you've seen them posted a million times here, so I won't rehash it, let's just agree to disagree. I wish I could be as understanding as you, maybe someday, but at this point Im just not ready.

#3 didn't even realize lesser charges were included. She also said she didn't even need to deliberate. And she wonders why people are outraged? There is a dead baby here. At least take the time to understand the exact charges against her.

Yes and the foreman told Banfield they didn't need to spend time deliberating because they did not go home to family at night. He said they went to the hotel each night and had time alone to process what they had heard that day in court. Then he turned around said and he worked on his masters every night online. Which was it, Mr. foreman?

Not everyone is shocked by the verdict. I know several people who watched the trial and only the trial, who thought she wouldn't be found guilty. When I asked why they all said the same thing...there was too much reasonable doubt and nothing directly linking her to a murder. Now whether we believe that to be true doesn't matter, the jury apparently saw it the same way.

That is the problem I think, the way everyone defines reasonable doubt is different. I dont think there is a reasonable explanation for ALL the evidence except for murder, but others think it's reasonable to say a mother of a child who accidentally drowned did what she did, acting happy as a clam while she did. I wish there was a way to make the reasoning in these cases more consistent, it scares me that justice can come down to the simple luck of the draw, based on the jury you get. I wish there were a more concrete way to determine guilt or innocence...

You are a better person than me, I just can't see it that way. The more I hear their reasoning, the worse I feel about them. Im sure you've seen them posted a million times here, so I won't rehash it, let's just agree to disagree. I wish I could be as understanding as you, maybe someday, but at this point Im just not ready.

We just have a difference of opinion. It doesn't mean one is better than the other. :) I agree, it's very frustrating to know that she is getting out on Sunday, I just don't see how condemning the jury helps anything.

I don't think the verdict is proof that they are morons, but their reasons for the verdict sure make then look like ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member