2011.07.22 George & Cindy Board Private Jet for Nassau Vacation

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I said above, plus venting and talking about the entire case is what helps us
(me, anyway) get over the anger re the verdict.... and to then move on.

I don't even dispute the fact that GA told some lies. There was something weird about his gas can testimony compared to what he said in his grand jury testimony, but I do believe he was in a different state of mind way back then. He was a little wishy washy when asked about the text to KH.. "yeah, I needed a lot of people in my life, so I probably did text that to her". CA, she tends to talk in circles. Her testimony about how she can leave work, log her hours at work, etc. It reminded me of KC's roundabout explanation to the police about the SIM card and the phones.

But all of their actions and have been in response to what KC did to Caylee, and to them. I feel for them.

A lot of posters are saying "it's over". I'm sure what they're going through is a very long process that isn't anywhere near over yet.

GA's Grand Jury testimony was sealed. Unless you were within that courtroom no one knows what GA testified to in that hearing. You may be thinking about one of his many depositions. jmo

Baez made the accusation in trial, that George impeached his grand jury testimony. He wanted a copy of it and does not have a right to that testimony unless George did impeach himself.

The State provided a copy of the transcript of that Grand Jury testimony to the judge. The judge reviewed it and said no impeachment occurred and denied that transcript to the defense.

I don't know! I support people leaving the Anthonys alone and letting them get on with their lives.

I support the Anthonys getting on with their lives and leaving my wallet alone. :)

I don't know! I support people leaving the Anthonys alone and letting them get on with their lives.
Fine by me as well, as long as they don't make a dime off of their murdered granddaughter.

As most of you know, Leiby K's murder in NY has been in the news daily.
Leiby's parents & Rabbi have set up a foundation in Leiby's name & a
Brklyn Councilman is trying to get "Leiby's Law" passed.

Leiby's family has a website that tells about Leiby & has recent news articles.
It tells how to donate to the foundation & where the money will be going.

There is a graph with the running totals and a link where you can see the names
of the 4,000 people who have donated & how much each gave. (I'm there!)

The Leiby Kletzky Memorial Fund website

I would love to see the Anthonys have a very similar website so that anyone
can see how much the foundation has received and where the money is going.

We need people like this, I have been an advocate for the NCMEC for many years and unless there is a big case like the Anthonys, Mark Klass, Cummings and now Leiby people forget about all the other children out there. You don't have to give to the Anthonys but the NCMEC helps thousands of families yearly. Some people have to get paid out of the foundation funds because that is their job. These people work endlessly. I can't tell you how many flyers I handed out or phone calls I've made for free. Then you hear the child has been found dead. It's heartbreaking but I'm not going to stop because I don't like the grandparents or even the parents, I do it for the missing person. Whether it is a child, teenager or adult they need all of us looking. I always glance through my state every week or two just to try to remember a face or two.

I don't know about the red jeep incident. I'm not keeping a close eye on them. I don't think a trip to the Bahamas in a private jet is some effort to keep themselves in the public eye. I think they're trying to live, just like the rest of us are.

The red jeep was on the news..but I don't know who was recording it. Maybe the man doing the taunting? But here is my point. If you want people to stop bugging you and get on with your life..you shut communication off..end of story. No statements, no response to anything said in the media. If someone starts heckling you..keep walking..ignore( of course if their is danger, call 911) And you postpone plans for a second foundation, one in which you are seeking donations from the public, until things calm down. And maybe the jet to the Bahmmas was not a blatant attempt to get in the public eye, but they know the emotional climate and how it would be viewed. They may not care and that's ok. That's thier right, but again, they have entered a new arena with that second foundation.. because they need money and are asking the public for it.

The red jeep was on the news..but I don't know who was recording it. Maybe the man doing the taunting? But here is my point. If you want people to stop bugging you and get on with your life..you shut communication off..end of story. No statements, no response to anything said in the media. If someone starts heckling you..keep walking..ignore( of course if their is danger, call 911) And you postpone plans for a second foundation, one in which you are seeking donations from the public, until things calm down. And maybe the jet to the Bahmmas was not a blatant attempt to get in the public eye, but they know the emotional climate and how it would be viewed. They may not care and that's ok. That's thier right, but again, they have entered a new arena with that second foundation.. because they need money and are asking the public for it.

Bold by me... I rest my case! I can't tell someone what they "should" be doing, where they "should" be going, to ignore hecklers. How about the hecklers leave them alone? Are the hecklers right, and the A's wrong?

If it helps I respect your opinion natsound.

I appreciate that. It's OK to disagree and to argue, but I've had posts removed where I've said milder things than "I don't respect your opinion".

Well Casey has done that and guess what there are people out there spending every waking moment trying to figure out where she is. I'm waiting to see a poster with a bunch of pictures of Casey all over the US saying where is Casey. There is that old saying unless you've walked a mile in their shoes.

Well Casey has done that and guess what there are people out there spending every waking moment trying to figure out where she is. I waiting to see a poster with a bunch of pictures of Casey all over the US saying where is Casey. There is that old saying unless you've walked a mile in their shoes.

Bold by me... GOOD POINT legalmania! :peace:

Bold by me... I rest my case! I can't tell someone what they "should" be doing, where they "should" be going, to ignore hecklers. How about the hecklers leave them alone? Are the hecklers right, and the A's wrong?

No the hecklers are not right. But I think it's a question of being smart. If they had ignored the heckler and just gotten in the car, what would show up on tv. Just a video and voice of a heckler. Who would care?

As most of you know, Leiby K's murder in NY has been in the news daily.
Leiby's parents & Rabbi have set up a foundation in Leiby's name & a
Brklyn Councilman is trying to get "Leiby's Law" passed.

Leiby's family has a website that tells about Leiby & has recent news articles.
It tells how to donate to the foundation & where the money will be going.

There is a graph with the running totals and a link where you can see the names
of the 4,000 people who have donated & how much each gave. (I'm there!)

The Leiby Kletzky Memorial Fund website

I would love to see the Anthonys have a very similar website so that anyone
can see how much the foundation has received and where the money is going.

I would love to see all foundations run this way with total disclosure.
The Anthonys would never consider such honesty, it goes completely
against their grain.

It should be current. They got special tx and had it saved from foreclosure. Their current payment is only about $200. They received special treatment and got bounced ahead of people who were on the list for years for relief.

As far as Foundations go...I still say they are getting funding with government monies. I will continue to research but don't think I can pin it down. I did find that with the right wording the can get a grant to finance their non-profit.

Cynical me sees a need for Lippman to make this happen.

BBM - You can start at the Better Business Bureau web site. They will report back to you regarding a charity, all you have to do is ask. Also, there is a thread in the 'Parking Lot' with lots of info about charities, links, etc.

IMO

Well Casey has done that and guess what there are people out there spending every waking moment trying to figure out where she is. I waiting to see a poster with a bunch of pictures of Casey all over the US saying where is Casey. There is that old saying unless you've walked a mile in their shoes.

But we are talking about CA and GA being left alone, not KC.There is a difference between KC and her parents, imo

No the hecklers are not right. But I think it's a question of being smart. If they had ignored the heckler and just gotten in the car, what would show up on tv. Just a video and voice of a heckler. Who would care?

Hmmm. "The right way, or the smart way, to handle a heckler, so as to avoid hate and criticism".

It seems we should be criticizing the heckler here, not the heckled.

Again Casey never said a word to the reporters or hecklers, and her house was surrounded by tv trucks and bystanders. A lot of people care. It happens all the time when a child is murdered. Look at what happened to the Ramsey. It has nothing to do with being smart, it's just the mob mentality.

BBM - You can start at the Better Business Bureau web site. They will report back to you regarding a charity, all you have to do is ask. Also, there is a thread in the 'Parking Lot' with lots of info about charities, links, etc.

IMO

If I remember correctly, information from the BBB comes from the charity itself. Charities are asked to fill out forms information and submit it to the BBB. Many times charities don't do it becuase it's time consuming and there are other more important mandated financial reporting requirements. And also becuase the BBB is a non profit with its own agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak