2012.2.7-Susan's case now being considered a murder investigation*SEARCH WARRANT*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
could they be making the deal so that Susan can be buried next to her babies-which I think everyone wants-she needs to be brought home and laid to rest with her babies!

Did they just found out about the unit since the last messages he sent out?

I have never heard of a storage unit till today, but JP was settling affairs prior to all of this. Maybe it wasn't in his name hence never being searched? Or maybe it was a new unit since he was in transition? I'm not sure. Seems a lot has gone on in the past few months that many are still so very unaware of. Makes my heart ache that things might of got complacent.

I once read a book that a woman quit paying on her storage unit and then the LE went in at storage owners request and they found her mother's remains in a sealed up trash can.
Now maybe JP told who ever he gave the money to, to keep on paying for the unit til the money ran out and that person contacted LE just now about the secret storage!
I'm praying for answers!

Dr. Fessel is right - there was a big jurisdictional issue going on. With the murders of those sweet boys, now WA can actually do something, instead of just watching.

If the storage unit was not in SP's name, there is NO way that they could have searched it. And since JP wasn't charged with a crime, even if the WA LE knew about the storage unit, they couldn't search it.

Our constitution provides for a life free of unreasonable S/S. It has always been interpreted that until you've been accused or arrested for a crime, you have the right to refuse permission for a search. After arrest, of course, it's game on.

But an arrest is also a problem, because you need to be able to prove the likelihood of a crime, or have 'reasonable suspicion' that a crime has occurred or is occurring.

In other words, despite being court-ordered to take a psycho-sexual exam, and the kids being removed (due to SP's actions), and the alleged presence of photos on JP's computer, there was no reasonable suspicion that a crime had occurred or is occurring **in the jurisdiction** that JP lived in.

Further, LE is prevented from conducting "fishing" exercises, such as contacting all the storage units in the area and asking if JP has a unit. Kind of like LE running your plate for no reason - they're not allowed to. If LE catches you breaking a traffic law, they can run the plate...but not until. And because of the "No Fishing" rule, LE often doesn't have knowledge that something exists...

I can't leave off thinking that SP is talking (about the storage unit) to be able to get a deal with LE, and that this was likely a bit of info given to 'prove' SP's statements as valid; most deals include a phrase that if the information is baloney, the deal is a no-go. So it could very well be that SP said something, LE now can get a warrant, and this has all transpired in the last 24-48 hours.

It will be interesting to see what comes from this search...maybe nothing, maybe proof of Susan's murder, maybe just more circumstantial stuff.

All I know is that two boys are dead, and their mother is likely dead too, at the hands of at least one monster...and maybe the monsterDaddy is talking to save his behind...

This whole thing is utterly, totally horrible. And I think it will get worse before it gets better...and it will never get better. KWIM?

Best-
Herding Cats

This why people go to war-I hope. !!!
I am SO ANGRY at this judicial system of ours.........
Back in the day humans did what they were born to do-stop evil in its tracks. Omg-read 'A Tree Grows in Brooklyn' and just see how the neighborhood deals with FREAKS.

Taking deep breaths right now

911 tapes discussion ---> [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162153"]7FEB2012 - 911 Tapes Released - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

(New thread and the posts were moved there. This is so horrid. :tears: )

JP killed his children = murder = criminal investigation.

Why shouldn't they get a search warrant for everything JP & search all his stuff post-mortem? Seems to me they have cause right there.

JP was just in court begging to get his kids back. He was told he had to have a psych eval first. Was that the trigger?

Not to mention, if there's 7K cash missing somewhere - where is it?

I guess since there was no dead body, Susan being missing wasn't considered a Homicide. Do you think they now realize that if Josh killed his boys, he must have killed Susan. Duh! They are just trying to make themselves look good. What is the problem with our system?

BTW, I found 2 runaways living in an empty house two doors down from me tonight. Police took they away in handcuffs. Wow, what a night! I guess I'm an official sleuther, lol!

This is a good question, X_files! I do wonder why Josh and Daddy having *advertiser censored* was not enough to get a search warrant for a storage shed?

Maybe LE didn't know Josh was renting a storage shed (not the right word, but my brain is numb) prior to Sunday's "events". Maybe it was mentioned in the e-mails, etc. from Josh sent right before his rampage?

Just a thought......

ITA. This is what I think as well.

I'm sure as a result of Sunday they have gotten warrants to examine his bank account. Thus knowing about the 7k and probably found payments for the storage unit. Where was this money coming from? He didn't work did he?

JP killed his children = murder = criminal investigation.

Why shouldn't they get a search warrant for everything JP & search all his stuff post-mortem? Seems to me they have cause right there.

JP was just in court begging to get his kids back. He was told he had to have a psych eval first. Was that the trigger?

Not to mention, if there's 7K cash missing somewhere - where is it?

Exactly Emma. LE also stated they are investigating who among family and friends knew what and when they knew it. If they don't cooperate they will get search warrants. Then you have Steve still facing trial. Any evidence they can find on that case will help with his prosecution. Just because JP is dead does not mean LE has nothing to investigate. The investigation is far from over.

I guess since there was no dead body, Susan being missing wasn't considered a Homicide. Do you think they now realize that if Josh killed his boys, he must have killed Susan. Duh! They are just trying to make themselves look good. What is the problem with our system?

BTW, I found 2 runaways living in an empty house two doors down from me tonight. Police took they away in handcuffs. Wow, what a night! I guess I'm an official sleuther, lol!

BBM. This is not true. This is merely the first public aknowledgement that this Susan's case is a homicide. LE has been looking for a body since Susan went missing. They looked for a body for weeks last summer.

This is a good question, X_files! I do wonder why Josh and Daddy having *advertiser censored* was not enough to get a search warrant for a storage shed?

Maybe LE didn't know Josh was renting a storage shed (not the right word, but my brain is numb) prior to Sunday's "events". Maybe it was mentioned in the e-mails, etc. from Josh sent right before his rampage?

Just a thought......

This doesn't make investigators look good. If it was rented in either SP or JP's name should have been searched ugh...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4630329...powells-storage-unit-searched-calls-released/
this claims storage unit is near Sumner............where is that at?
and LE claims no relation to Susan disappearing.............yeah, right......

Here's a link to where Sumner is...quite near Puyallup (I so can't spell that). http://maps.google.com/maps?q=sumne...code_result&ct=image&resnum=3&ved=0CEEQ8gEwAg

And WA LE has to say it's not in relationship to Susan; they can't investigate that until evidence of a crime involving Susan occurred in Washington. Jurisdiction stuff. But rest assured, they sure are investigating everything related to JP now...they have enough PC to do pretty much anything they need to do now.

Best-
Herding Cats

http://www.fox13now.com/live/
by the time I found this station, I just heard about SP.
Nothing we didn't already know.
and
Braden and Charlie's funeral, public is invited.

And they have taken back saying this is a murder investigation saying the office made a mistake, still a missing person case, no body, no cause of death. The man they talked to had a stupid grin on his face when he said this....
:maddening:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BranVan
Back