2015.08.26 Jimmy Rodgers: Charged with Murder in the Second Degree

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There's a whole thread on why not 1st degree murder charges.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290122

The upshot is that 1st degree murder charges, in the state of Florida, can only be brought via a grand jury indictment. Grand juries take time, sometimes months, and it is common for there to be an arrest on lesser charges first.

MOO, but I think MS will be indicated along with CWW and JR, and we won't see an MS arrest before then.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

I wonder why, if any reasoning is behind it, LE arrested JR a day and a half before CWW?

They may have been working on arresting them at the same time, but when the gf showed them evidence of the crime, they arrested him right away.

Weren't they both arrested 8/27 within a couple of hours of each other?

http://www.abc-7.com/story/29893665/arrest-warrant-sought-in-dr-teresa-sievers-murder

Using talk to text with lots of grammar errors !

I've spent 30 min trying to find the source (I think DailyMail, not reliable) that said JR was arrested a day and half before JR. No luck. I did read it last night, so it has to be in my history somewhere.

On another note, I was traveling on the 27th when news broke about the arrest, thanks to everyone here I was able to follow along from my phone. I remember it was around 3PM and we were all waiting for the news before JR's arrest was confirmed first. I can't remember if CWW was in custody a few hours later, or a day later but now that I'm thinking about it, I think it was a few hours.

I guess a Lawyer could attempt to use his fathers death as mitigation.

It wouldn't work for me if I was a juror though. JMO

The deaths of both parents -especially the mother at such a young age- can make some people more susceptible to the influence of older parent-figures. It's a tragedy for all involved that after JR's brother, the father figure appears to have been CWW.

If CWW wanted a partner for the murder, I wonder why he didn't recruit his own son? Rhetorical. Prosecutor would say that CWW had planned to murder TS and didn't want to involve his son in murder.

While I can feel sympathy and empathy for the circumstances of someone's upbringing, in no way does it excuse their actions. Some things can be explained, but not excused or negated.

I've spent 30 min trying to find the source (I think DailyMail, not reliable) that said JR was arrested a day and half before JR. No luck. I did read it last night, so it has to be in my history somewhere.

On another note, I was traveling on the 27th when news broke about the arrest, thanks to everyone here I was able to follow along from my phone. I remember it was around 3PM and we were all waiting for the news before JR's arrest was confirmed first. I can't remember if CWW was in custody a few hours later, or a day later but now that I'm thinking about it, I think it was a few hours.

I vividly recall it because the pressers were almost back to back the same day. the reporters were walking out and doing their reports and they were called back in :moo:

Weren't they both arrested 8/27 within a couple of hours of each other?

http://www.abc-7.com/story/29893665/arrest-warrant-sought-in-dr-teresa-sievers-murder

Yes! I remember that day all too well. 2 news conferences within just a few hours of each other. It was madness that day around here. :scared: When time allows, I will dig through the old discussion threads and give some more detailed info re. times.

Interesting. In the video (linked above) at approx. the 2:50 time stamp, the reporter, Jeff Butera, states, "The man arrested earlier, Jimmy Rodgers, ABC sources have confirmed that there is a connection to the Sievers' family with him, as well."

I didn't remember that ever being confirmed by any MSM source before reviewing that video again. Until he is willing to reveal his source or at least confirm it is LE or someone I personally deem credible, I'm not ready to consider it a fact. Still, in hindsight, very interesting he reported that.

Yes! I remember that day all too well. 2 news conferences within just a few hours of each other. It was madness that day around here. :scared: When time allows, I will dig through the old discussion threads and give some more detailed info re. times.

Interesting. In the video (linked above) at approx. the 2:50 time stamp, the reporter, Jeff Butera, states, "The man arrested earlier, Jimmy Rodgers, ABC sources have confirmed that there is a connection to the Sievers' family with him, as well."

I didn't remember that ever being confirmed by any MSM source before reviewing that video again. Until he is willing to reveal his source or at least confirm it is LE or someone I personally deem credible, I'm not ready to consider it a fact. Still, in hindsight, very interesting he reported that.

Just a thought but perhaps the source is not a person, maybe its FB. "ABC sources" may have connected "the Sievers family" to JR from the wedding pics showing MS & JR talking. :thinking: :thinking:

When I wrote last minute, I mean last minute/second like TS arrives home and JR doesn't even know that is going to happen. He thinks it is just a robbery or awesome gifts from MS/staged robbery. As TS is entering is when CWW threatens him to make him go through with killing her as she walks in the door. Do we know for sure that she wasn't shot?

Feel free to make this fall apart. I can't remember anymore which theories I have thought up that fell apart from the theories that maybe hold some weight, lol :blushing: I'm confused and would also like a flow chart ;)

here it is

That hammer post (What'd she say...? "What the ** are you doing with that hammer?") was made June 16. Can it possibly be coincidence that less than 2 weeks later TS was confronted by someone with a hammer?

I've some answers but they only lead to more questions.
And possibly an error in the timeline.

http://dailyjournalonline.com/news/...cle_c8607c83-a555-55fb-ad10-e906ebf2e6ed.html
It is believed the suspect is the same Jimmy Rodgers, 25, of Cadet, arrested earlier this week and being held for the U.S. Marshal's Office on a probation or parole violation in St. Francois County Jail.
He apparantly was already in custody for the parole violation when August 27th, he was charged with murder in the 2nd degree.
This means his employer assisting in the arrest could not have been Thursday August 27th.
http://www.naplesnews.com/news/crime/new-clues-emerging-in-death-of-bonita-doctor_45921256
Authorities contacted Juliette this past Thursday morning to let him know of their plan to arrest Rodgers. Juliette said he called Rodgers and told him his probation officer needed to see him. While Rodgers drove back to the main office, law enforcement stopped him and took him into custody.

So now, it looks like the press conference announcing the arrest was the day he was charged with murder, having been in custody already. And 3 hours later, CWW is arrested. Not real clear. I wonder if he was in custody for a week and the employer was actually talking about Aug 20. Or a mistake by the employer or the journalist. I think they meant Tuesday.

That hammer post (What'd she say...? "What the ** are you doing with that hammer?") was made June 16. Can it possibly be coincidence that less than 2 weeks later TS was confronted by someone with a hammer?

Very convenient, IMO. And how was that info leaked to a neighbor is a question most of us have had since thread #1. And Sheriff Scott says we haven't heard it until we hear it from LE. So I don't know whether to believe it, but it sure is fitting to JR 8 weeks later.

Very convenient, IMO. And how was that info leaked to a neighbor is a question most of us have had since thread #1. And Sheriff Scott says we haven't heard it until we hear it from LE. So I don't know whether to believe it, but it sure is fitting to JR 8 weeks later.

Perhaps someone else went in and looked before LE arrived on scene? I'm sure whoever found her had to have made some sort of commotion outside! Perhaps even the above said person told someone/neighbor what they saw. Even LE commented something to the effect someone had to have been very desperate or very sick. And I can't imagine what so VERY MUCH evidence is that they had to hire additional lab to help process it! That after we found out ALL the evidence had been taken back to MO. Disturbing for sure. But if none of that is true, and LE said something at the time (rookie mistake?) that person might have got a good chewin' out back at the office. JMO

Isn't he still serving his six-month term in Federal prison in MO for parole violation?

I thought so too- but did you read the article? I was confused-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notaryroute