2016.02.26 Mark D. Sievers: ***ARREST*** GJ charged with Murder in the 1st Degree #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree, out of respect.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

She worked really hard to obtain the title of DR and I thought that was more appropriate. Perception is everything and I figured a jury would respect and admire that. It also separates her from the lowlife that is MS bigtime. I hope the SA will play the videos of her lecturing so the jury can get her essence, a sense of her quick mind and wit.

Actually, I did not notice that. It would make sense to me if the defense referenced her as Mrs. or just Teresa - they would do that to try to minimize her accomplishments....

IOW, try to influence the public persona - temper the MSM coverage by not continually referring to this case as "A DOCTOR was the ultimate victim in a murder-for-hire plot instigated by her husband". In their opinion, make it less "bombshell" worthy. :rolleyes:

That said, I will have to listen again to the hearing & pay closer attention to SA Hamid. Interesting. If so, bet that doesn't happen any again.

ITA about the defense doing that, trying to make the extraordinary ordinary. My DH is referred to as Dr Zuri all the time, as a sign of respect. I think Dr. Sievers deserves the same respect, even in death.

She worked really hard to obtain the title of DR and I thought that was more appropriate. Perception is everything and I figured a jury would respect and admire that. It also separates her from the lowlife that is MS bigtime. I hope the SA will play the videos of her lecturing so the jury can get her essence, a sense of her quick mind and wit.
I literally was just talking about that to my BF. Like you said, Zuri, some don't understand how these little inuendos cause a mis-perception and can be very damaging.

maybe MS was thinking about this theory early on while planning the murder to make him look innocent. That would truly make him more sinister than i thought. He had too much time on his hands to think instead of enjoying his wife, girls and what he had! What a douche bag....
right on sister! I often think of how he didn't enjoy his beautiful wife and daughters as well as the fact that he lived in a tropical paradise. I am so very happy that he is locked up and those precious girls are safe.

The most recent events and hearings listed in MS's case file:

04/25/2016 Order Filed
Motion to Reduce Bond - Denied
04/28/2016 Motion Filed
05/04/2016 Indictment Filed
05/04/2016 Court Minutes Filed
05/04/2016 Capias (Original) with Copy to State Attorney Filed
05/05/2016 Waiver of Arraignment Filed
05/05/2016 In Custody
05/05/2016 In Custody
05/06/2016 Record of First Appearance and Booking Report Filed
05/06/2016 Capias Returned Served and Filed
05/06/2016 Acknowledgment of New Case - Appeal Filed
16-1894 Direct Appeal
05/06/2016 Certificate of Compliance/FCIC/NCIC Requirement Filed
05/06/2016 Pretrial Disclosure Regarding App for Indigent Status Filed
05/09/2016 Arraignment (8:30 AM) (Judicial Officer Porter, J Frank)
Result: Continued by State
05/09/2016 Felony Hearing/Continuance Form Filed
05/18/2016 Case Management Conference (1:30 PM) (Judicial Officer Kyle, Bruce E)

http://freesearch.leeclerk.org/default.aspx

Okay, Faga we can agree that it is not unusual for long-time friends to talk daily; HOWEVER, it's very unusual to need burner phones to do so!!! IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried the best to bring this over from the Lawyer Question Thread....Irishchook brought up a good point...below is her question to AZ.

All the comments the so called 'defense' attorneys (Faga and Mummert) are saying that they have not seen any evidence that said MS is the mastermind/murderer....well, so far we do NOT know if these lawyers representing MS have been APPROVED by the state to represent MS. The state just cannot hand over information to any lawyer just because a lawyer say they represent MS. MS is said he is broke but these are private lawyers.! We do not know if the state and these private lawyers have come to any agreement about pay and representation. No agreement, no evidence will be turned over to them. How can anyone believe Mummert anyway, he has a rap sheet too!

I think BS hired Faga Law firm on the say so of MS. MS, knew he would not be able to pay them, but he thought if he hired these guys then the state would HAVE to approve them and pay them whatever they wanted. MS thinking he is smart and can get the best lawyers in FL. Well, That may happen, but I bet the reason the lawyers have no info is there is NO agreement as to who is representing MS... yet.

(can you imagine if Jose Baez decided to defend MS?...sorry, just popped out....back to sever storm and tornado watch in Kansas)

AZ, Even though the case hasn't gone to trial yet, is Mark's defense team privy to every document from SAO? Or does the case need to go to trial first and MS secures an attorney? TIA

Faga is already attorney of record for MS. He doesn't need any approval from anyone to represent MS. He would only need approval to get paid by the State (at a lower rate than he no doubt charges normally).

Also, based on the docket it appears he has already received some discovery from the State, and also of course could get copies of discovery already produced by the SAO to the public in CWW/JRR's cases.

Okay, Faga we can agree that it is not unusual for long-time friends to talk daily; HOWEVER, it's very unusual to need burner phones to do so!!! IMHO

More unusual too that a friend would travel 1100+ miles on a hunch in order to burglarize his best friend's house. Uh,oh no, it was stated, that the burglary was staged. So he traveled 1100+ miles in order to kill his best friend's wife - his employer- while guessing she would return between dinnertime and midnight. But uh oh, he traveled the 1100+ miles to the house and arrived early in the morning just in time to guess the alarm disarmament code and still be out of the house before anyone would arrive to take care of the family pets. Uh oh, he just guessed..Uh oh..then he forgot, why he was actually at the house that early in the morning..uh oh, all that guesswork for nothing.

Uh oh..

-Nin

When I watched the last hearing for bond reduction, the SA intermixed the use of Dr. Sievers, Mrs. Sievers and Teresa when he referred to her. For some reason that really bugged me, but maybe the SA uses the different titles/names for a reason? I wish he would call her Dr. Sievers or Teresa and leave out the Mrs. Was anyone else bugged by this or am I the only one?
My first impression was that it was disrespectful too. But maybe he referenced her that way intentionally? Dr. Sievers: to communicate that she was a smart woman that cared about and dedicated her life to healing others. Mrs. Sievers: to convey she was a wife, I dedicated wife to the man who had her murdered. And Teresa: to convey that she was a real, approachable human being just like the rest of us. Also Teresa the daughter, sister, friend.
Just throwing that out there as a thought I had.

I wrote a big long response & deleted it on accident. :shame:

I don't like the defense attorney almost as much as I dislike MS
I say we all meet up for the trial to go see SMS & to see the smug look on MS face in person
I still can't believe we are finally looking forward to trial! I come here for normalcy from the Missy Bevers thread (it's a little stressful in the beginning stages) and I remember when we knew nothing of the twists & turns of MS crazy mind in the early days and thought SMS was "out there" with his books and movies twists. What a creep MS is. I wish Dr. Teresa Sievers was a name I didn't know and that beautiful woman was still with her babies celebrating Mother's Day yesterday. Justice is finally happening TS!

Faga is already attorney of record for MS. He doesn't need any approval from anyone to represent MS. He would only need approval to get paid by the State (at a lower rate than he no doubt charges normally).

Also, based on the docket it appears he has already received some discovery from the State, and also of course could get copies of discovery already produced by the SAO to the public in CWW/JRR's cases.

Thanks AZ...I knew he was hired by MS/BS but with filing that MS had no more money to pay Figga, MS was broke, I was not sure what happens with Figga representing MS when there was no monies for payment services. We have not seen any paper work that said Figga got and accepted the states fee. Maybe next doc dump? Thanks again.

The most recent events and hearings listed in MS's case file:

04/25/2016 Order Filed
Motion to Reduce Bond - Denied
04/28/2016 Motion Filed
05/04/2016 Indictment Filed
05/04/2016 Court Minutes Filed
05/04/2016 Capias (Original) with Copy to State Attorney Filed
05/05/2016 In Custody
05/05/2016 In Custody
05/06/2016 Record of First Appearance and Booking Report Filed
05/06/2016 Capias Returned Served and Filed
05/06/2016 Acknowledgment of New Case - Appeal Filed
16-1894 Direct Appeal
05/06/2016 Certificate of Compliance/FCIC/NCIC Requirement Filed
05/06/2016 Pretrial Disclosure Regarding App for Indigent Status Filed
05/09/2016 Arraignment (8:30 AM) (Judicial Officer Porter, J Frank)
Result: Continued by State
05/09/2016 Felony Hearing/Continuance Form Filed
05/18/2016 Case Management Conference (1:30 PM) (Judicial Officer Kyle, Bruce E)

http://freesearch.leeclerk.org/default.aspx
Thank you GT

Exactly. His lawyer made him sound like CW "had him at hello."

I wrote a big long response & deleted it on accident. :shame:

I don't like the defense attorney almost as much as I dislike MS
I say we all meet up for the trial to go see SMS & to see the smug look on MS face in person
I still can't believe we are finally looking forward to trial! I come here for normalcy from the Missy Bevers thread (it's a little stressful in the beginning stages) and I remember when we knew nothing of the twists & turns of MS crazy mind in the early days and thought SMS was "out there" with his books and movies twists. What a creep MS is. I wish Dr. Teresa Sievers was a name I didn't know and that beautiful woman was still with her babies celebrating Mother's Day yesterday. Justice is finally happening TS!

Well if a bunch of you guys do meet up for some MS trial days maybe you can do a lunch or dinner at Ford's Garage in Miromar Outlets or in Ft Myers historic district---and order Sheriff Mike Scott's burger called Black-N-Bleu

Sievers' attorney says death penalty should be "off the table"

A conviction of first-degree could result in the death penalty. Attorney Tony Faga, whose firm represents Sievers, says there are mitigating circumstances that should take that punishment off the table.

"His two kids, no prior criminal record, not a danger to anyone else in society,” Faga said.

[...]

Faga says calling it a murder for hire is a stretch. Wright took a plea deal to avoid the death penalty that Sievers and Rodgers could face.

"I think if you look at the whole context of his statements, they're just not as clear as they would have you believe,” Faga said. "There's a lot of mitigating circumstances to keep the death penalty off the table, I think."

More at Link

Sievers' attorney says death penalty should be "off the table"

More at Link

Not surprised as all defense attnys will do that. I hope the DP remains but considering the kids & no priors I can see that getting shelved. Problem.... "not a danger to anyone else in society" ?????? Yes he is, to TS's mom & the kids he needs to use​.

Dmacky, I just realized I quoted/commented the exact same things after you did. Sorry about that; it wasn't intentional [emoji25].

Don't be silly irish, and you definitely don't have to apologize to me for anything. It means nothing more than we were both thinking along the same lines. I do it myself all the time. I didn't even notice what post you were talking about until I went back to look.
Actually, we posted at the very same time (4:50) my fat finger just hit reply first :smile:

Thankfully, both MS and CWW were std free as of the year 2000. Maybe MS last chance at some redemption in his life will be to solve some other mysteries. At this point, I don't know if I'd be willing to stand in the way of the death penalty for that info or not. Hopefully, MS will learn his place in all of this before doors and opportunities close forever.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back