2016.03.01 Discovery Documents - Batch # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hey there SCOUT!!! Do I have a target on my back that says, "DISAGREE WITH ME ON EVERYTHING" ??? LOL. No problem, my sleuthing pal...this is what it is all about.
I did consider whether or not it was the police who wrapped the phones in "tin foil." What was the collection of evidence like before the advent of cotton swabs, zip-lock baggies and tin foil?? (Hey, I do a lot of my "forensic testing" using my kitchen tools, too. Dryer cloths are great for wiping off finger prints, and my "splatter pattern" experiments on various organic materials have generated a lot of interesting perspectives....just sayin'....don't ever discount an inquisitive cook...:blushing:..but I digress)
It just seems that the police would still want the phones to be able to receive information as a way to track co-conspirators/accomplices/leaks/informants..etc.??? I think it would be pretty darn IMPORTANT to see who called those phones after the raid. I'm thinking it could be a little of both.
After all, LE has been told they were dealing with an "Eccentric and legendary high tech Apollo 13 communications savant who went rogue after being accused of a murder 20 years ago. He is a network ninja...uses encrypted secret codes, capable of stealth entry, by-passing state of the art (home) alarm systems, with the ability to perform superhuman tasks without the need of sleep!!!
We call that "So Cal movie spin" In the end, his life of petty crime became a legend unto itself....maybe even he believed it, too.

No target, IQ. Just trying to look at it from all sides and figure things out. Putting the puzzle pieces together is what I love to do. The only way to be sure they fit is to be certain of the nature of the pieces.

I can't come up with a logical reason for Wayne and Angie to have wrapped their phones in foil. I'm leaning more towards it being evidence packaging.

I can't come up with a logical reason for Wayne and Angie to have wrapped their phones in foil. I'm leaning more towards it being evidence packaging.

Since it is not mentioned on the search/seized items list, I agree with the tin foil being a matter of secure packaging:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

FILE 6

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B717FUtKwdU8SktLaFJIeXlWYzg&usp=drive_web

Attachments

• cww search items1.png
    cww search items1.png
    198.4 KB · Views: 259
  • cww search items2.png
    cww search items2.png
    191 KB · Views: 260
  • cww search items3.png
    cww search items3.png
    212.3 KB · Views: 262
  • cww search items4.png
    cww search items4.png
    186.2 KB · Views: 257
Since it is not mentioned on the search/seized items list, I agree with the tin foil being a matter of secure packaging:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

FILE 6

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B717FUtKwdU8SktLaFJIeXlWYzg&usp=drive_web

Bates # 34767

The thing is, it makes no sense for the Wrights to have wrapped them. If they were trying to flee, they could never use the phones again. No reason to wrap them in foil and take them along.

If they were just going somewhere that they didn't want to be tracked, while planning to return home, they could have just left the phones at home as CWW had done before.

Bates # 34767

The thing is, it makes no sense for the Wrights to have wrapped them. If they were trying to flee, they could never use the phones again. No reason to wrap them in foil and take them along.

If they were just going somewhere that they didn't want to be tracked, while planning to return home, they could have just left the phones at home as CWW had done before.

Oh gee, I thought the cell phones in question were seized during the trailer raid, my bad. According to Bates # 34767 it does look like they were indeed packed in tin foil upon discovery. It says 'wrapped in aluminum foil located...'. I don't think they would have included any evidence packaging method in the items list.

'White piece of paper containing directions to unknown location ..'
somehow goes with the tin-foiled cell phones..

-Nin

Do we think Wayne didn't know he was under constant surveillance between the 7/12 raid on his home and his 8/27 arrest? They were staking out his trailer house and following him every time he left. Tin foil on the phones can't change that.

Bates # 34767

They have to be "new" 'phones. I'd imagine from a friend or such (any purchasing being monitored?) as the others would have been seized on the 12th. The car search was carried out on the 15th.

CWW would have been well spooked, but must have thought he was ahead of the game here. He wouldn't leave them at home if he thought LE were unaware of their existence. Maybe some mastermind came up with the tin-foil, you know, just to be doubly sure.

They have to be "new" 'phones. I'd imagine from a friend or such (any purchasing being monitored?) as the others would have been seized on the 12th. The car search was carried out on the 15th.

CWW would have been well spooked, but must have thought he was ahead of the game here. He wouldn't leave them at home if he thought LE were unaware of their existence. Maybe some mastermind came up with the tin-foil, you know, just to be doubly sure.

BBM Can't edit, need to quote myself.

Just dawned on me when I was hoovering .... I'm wrong date-wise, it can't be the 15th if these 'phones were seized when he was arrested. Guilty of reading Bates# as if they were in sequence date-wise.

BBM Can't edit, need to quote myself.

Just dawned on me when I was hoovering .... I'm wrong date-wise, it can't be the 15th if these 'phones were seized when he was arrested. Guilty of reading Bates# as if they were in sequence date-wise.

Yes, this is the search (incident-to-arrest) of the Kia Rio. It was still at the body shop when Wayne and Angie's trailer was raided. There were multiple phones seized in the residence at that time.

Yes, this is the search (incident-to-arrest) of the Kia Rio. It was still at the body shop when Wayne and Angie's trailer was raided. There were multiple phones seized in the residence at that time.

I'm not so sure it was now, though I realise #34767 has the Towing Facility top right of the page.

Swabs, prints of the car, etc., are listed 310-70 to 310-100. The contents, ie, phones etc., jumps to 310-176. Significant difference.

Why would her purse and his wallet, an envelope with money, car keys (second set?) be left in a car that's in for repair? That makes no sense.

I'm thinking this could be lumped together, though originating from two entirely different events/dates. Or is that as clear as mud?

I'm not so sure it was now, though I realise #34767 has the Towing Facility top right of the page.

Swabs, prints of the car, etc., are listed 310-70 to 310-100. The contents, ie, phones etc., jumps to 310-176. Significant difference.

Why would her purse and his wallet, an envelope with money, car keys (second set?) be left in a car that's in for repair? That makes no sense.

I'm thinking this could be lumped together, though originating from two entirely different events/dates. Or is that as clear as mud?

On August 27, Angie and Wayne left their residence with Angie driving and Wayne in the front passenger seat. The LE officer who was conducting surveillance on them at the time followed them and stopped them to make the arrest when he was notified that they had an arrest warrant for Wayne. The phones were found in the Kia at that time. I'm sure they had gotten it back shortly after the 7/12 raid, as Angie said it was ready at that time but still at the body shop.

I'll find the Bates #.

34997 is report of officer who made the stop of the Kia Rio on 8/27.

34897 is report of CID Detective Scheunemann who executed the search warrant on the Kia Rio on 8/28 after it had been impounded at the time of arrest.

34767 is Scheunemann's seized evidence list.

I think it's likely that the phones were wrapped in foil to preserve digital evidence at the time the seals were placed on the vehicle before towing to the secure storage facility.

I think it's likely that the phones were wrapped in foil to preserve digital evidence at the time the seals were placed on the vehicle before towing to the secure storage facility.

That would make most sense.

I'm still not getting the vibe LE wrapped them though, considering the wording used here and in relation to other evidence. I'd have thought they would have to state 'sealed by Det S'. Ah we'll know soon enough, I hope.

Was thinking about the account today..that was absolutely fine with it being set up even knowing there was 4.43 MILLION in life insurance that he THOUGHT he was going to receive by sending NEWS ARTICLES about her murder. GREED..GREED WITH A SIDE OF GREEDY...Glad The 3 are behind bars and Mr. GREED is away from those precious girls. :jail:

Great job. I'm sure that the people who defended the 1 million dollar fund me on the fund me site; had no idea that he had 4.4 million in the coffers if not involved.

So why didn't he tell LS that Teresa had a humongous policy so the 1 million or any fund me at all is not needed?

Especially since he still had 40k in cash and whatever in the banks plus multiple properties while buying Cww a barn or a storage slash mancave.

So he definitely knew or had a feeling that the crime would link back to him at that point.

34997 is report of officer who made the stop of the Kia Rio on 8/27.

34897 is report of CID Detective Scheunemann who executed the search warrant on the Kia Rio on 8/28 after it had been impounded at the time of arrest.

34767 is Scheunemann's seized evidence list.

If I understand this correctly, the phone were wrapped in tin foil by LE at the time of the arrest? Does LE carry tin foil with them in their vehicles?

Breaking news. Lol.

The cops probably asked mark why the 1 million dollar fund me was set up when it says here that there is already a 4.4 million dollar policy. Lol

And then Mark probably remembered that Angie may have left him a voice mail that stated Hi Mark; This is Angie. Now Curtis said that he will be going to Florida to do work on your computers while you are out of town. Is this true. I'm tired of Curtis cheating.

Lol. I just wonder if Angie did call mark to verify the reason of curtis going to Florida to fix computers for Mark. Lol.

Because imo. A wife who is that mad at hubby for suddenly having to leave while leaving his phone behind will definitely call the person to verify the reason given on why hubby had to leave in the first place.

This means that imo. Angie would have called mark to verify curtis story after curtis blindsided her with the news of having to go to Florida to do computer work for mark.

Jmo

Great job. I'm sure that the people who defended the 1 million dollar fund me on the fund me site; had no idea that he had 4.4 million in the coffers if not involved.

So why didn't he tell LS that Teresa had a humongous policy so the 1 million or any fund me at all is not needed?

Especially since he still had 40k in cash and whatever in the banks plus multiple properties while buying Cww a barn or a storage slash mancave.

So he definitely knew or had a feeling that the crime would link back to him at that point.
He could have at least said to LS: "1 mil is much too presumptuous. Let's lower it to 100k". Most people would assume a doctor would have life insurance anyway, so why appear so greedy, so entitled?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Yes. Cheaper than Faraday bags.

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/219941.pdf

See page 32.

The foil over phone during csi collection must be a new thing. Because the cops usually check the phone pings and data that occurred before the discovery of the phone.

So why would the cops wrap the phone in foil. Unless the phones were found in a water and they tried to preserve it with foil and rice; Then I see no need for the cops to wrap the phones instead of just putting them in evidence bags. Jmo.

Why would the cops use foil to stop signals to the phones when all investigation pings and data will be focused on the times before LE ever recovered the phones. Idk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back