2024 Hurricane and Tropical Weather

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here in Greene County, Tennessee, we lost two or more bridges. Our water treatment plant was destroyed. We lost internet for several days. But we really are the lucky ones here in Appalachia. We have non potable water to flush and bottled water to drink. However, I could not find any dry shampoo today. Will look more tomorrow. Please continue to pray for the families of the dead and those who have lost everything.

Here in Greene County, Tennessee, we lost two or more bridges. Our water treatment plant was destroyed. We lost internet for several days. But we really are the lucky ones here in Appalachia. We have non potable water to flush and bottled water to drink. However, I could not find any dry shampoo today. Will look more tomorrow. Please continue to pray for the families of the dead and those who have lost everything.
Cornstarch is an old time dry shampoo method. I had a lot of ear infections and at times refused to wash my hair. Mom would mix up corn starch and a tad of Avon powder. Lightly sprinkle on scalp and brush.
Praying for you and the entire SW.

And roads.
Praying supplies reach you today and for your safety. Appears more boots on the ground. Burlington NC airport has set up airdrop, a Civil Defense Volunteer organization is airlifting to out lying areas. I know they were rallying pilots out of Danville, S Boston and surrounding areas Monday.

If you able to receive deliveries Amazon has dry shampoo with one or two day delivery.

Yes another reason why you never, ever swim in fresh water in FL. I wish tourists understood the dangers of fish, snapping turtles, gators, sharks, germs that get into your ear and kill you.

Go to the ocean to swim and keep an eye out for jellyfish. If you see a school of any type of fish zipping by, something is chasing them. Get out momentarily. You'll be fine.

.... A must read, it went on for days
Pilots trying to each small airport...

If they tried contacting the Mountain Air landing strip, they were told to call the POA Administrator. The person who picked up was Stephanie Carlson, who immediately became confused, because she is not affiliated with the runway or Mountain Air at all.
.....(She lived two hour away)
She even facilitated some rescues for people calling Mountain Air about their loved ones being trapped; Carlson gave their information to FEMA, potentially saving lives multiple times.

.... A must read, it went on for days
Pilots trying to each small airport...

If they tried contacting the Mountain Air landing strip, they were told to call the POA Administrator. The person who picked up was Stephanie Carlson, who immediately became confused, because she is not affiliated with the runway or Mountain Air at all.
.....(She lived two hour away)
She even facilitated some rescues for people calling Mountain Air about their loved ones being trapped; Carlson gave their information to FEMA, potentially saving lives multiple times.

She is great.

I’ve seen a few tiktoks of community members saving others, especially from flash floods.

Asheville airport looks like JFK today. Air flights from Raleigh dropping hay to farms on the Mt. A constant stream of small aircraft coming out of Raleigh-Durham, Burlington, Hickory and Greensboro. US Navy and US Army, still no NC National Guard's.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs. Venable
Back