2024 Hurricane and Tropical Weather

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My oldest is headed offshore tonight on the Tyson B out of Daulphin Island, AL. I asked her if they’ll be affected by the storm. They’re expecting it to be choppy seas on Tues & Wed and then smooth after that.

I wonder if storm cranks up significantly, if they’ll be sent more eastward to wait it out.

...BERYL IS AGAIN A HURRICANE...

11:00 PM CDT Sun Jul 7
Moving: NNW at 10 mph
Min pressure: 985 mb
Max sustained: 75 mph

Beryl's running out of time to strengthen before she makes landfall in less than 12 hours. Seems like she'll make landfall in the Lake Jackson area imo

Last edited:
...BERYL STRENGTHENING AS THE CENTER APPROACHES THE MIDDLE TEXAS COAST... ...CONDITIONS DETERIORATING WITH DANGEROUS STORM SURGE, FLASH FLOODING, AND STRONG WINDS EXPECTED...

1:00 AM CDT Mon Jul 8
Moving: NNW at 10 mph
Min pressure: 984 mb
Max sustained: 80 mph

It’s chaos out there! Spoke to my oldest this evening. The two boats went out Sunday night. 1 went west and was immediately delayed due to Hurricane Beryl.

The one my daughter is on went east towards Pensacola FL. Today they were in 5-6’ seas and had to call it. The night shifts equipment broke. It was too dangerous for the day shift to continue.

They motored into Panama City Beach and docked for the night. They’ll head back out at 5:00am with only the boat crew & 2 day shift researchers.

They’re are many research trips planned on different boats thru Aug. If this hurricane season explodes as predicted, scheduled trips are going to be continuously disrupted. They typically don’t go out in Sept but weather permitting, they may have to.

Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 PM EDT Wed Jul 10 2024

For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:

Active Systems:
The Weather Prediction Center is issuing advisories on Post-Tropical
Cyclone Beryl, located near the Great Lakes.

1. Off the Southeastern U.S. Coast:
A broad trough of low pressure located a few hundred miles off the southeastern U.S. coast continues to produce disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Environmental conditions appear only marginally favorable for some additional development of this system over the next couple of days before it moves inland over the southeastern U.S. by this weekend.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 7 days...low...10 percent.

Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 PM EDT Wed Jul 10 2024

For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:

Active Systems:
The Weather Prediction Center is issuing advisories on Post-Tropical
Cyclone Beryl, located near the Great Lakes.

1. Off the Southeastern U.S. Coast:
A broad trough of low pressure located a few hundred miles off the southeastern U.S. coast continues to produce disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Environmental conditions appear only marginally favorable for some additional development of this system over the next couple of days before it moves inland over the southeastern U.S. by this weekend.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 7 days...low...10 percent.
Northern Vermont got clobbered with rain and flooding in some areas from the remnants of Beryl. There was serious flooding in Barre, VT, which was hit with terrible flooding a year ago.

My son in northwestern VT (south of Burlington) said they got 5.33 inches of rain yesterday and it's very wet there, but no flooding.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810
Back