2024 Hurricane and Tropical Weather

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Anyone that lives in Florida should watch this next storm brewing in the Gulf of Mexico. It's on the west side close to Mexico/Texas border, but it's projected path is eastward towards the Florida peninsula. It appears Tampa Bay may be impacted, along with everyone south of the region. This makes me so sad because there are people still trying to recover from the last storm. My prayers are with these people.

Just what we don't need another storm! I am watching it carefully although not living in Florida.

Anyone that lives in Florida should watch this next storm brewing in the Gulf of Mexico. It's on the west side close to Mexico/Texas border, but it's projected path is eastward towards the Florida peninsula. It appears Tampa Bay may be impacted, along with everyone south of the region. This makes me so sad because there are people still trying to recover from the last storm. My prayers are with these people.
Here in Sarasota, we're already receiving river flood warnings. The Myakka River (out east of me) always overflows The flood plains typically move the water as expected. However the coming rains will likely just exacerbate the danger.

Snip
At 8:00 AM EDT Saturday the stage was 6.4 feet. - Bankfull stage is 7.0 feet. - Forecast...The river is expected to rise above flood stage early Monday morning and continue rising to 7.2 feet Monday evening. Additional rises are possible thereafter. - Flood stage is 7.0 feet. - Flood History...This crest compares to a previous crest of 7.2 feet on 12/28/2002.

Well, this is annoying..... I'm the little red dot, just below Tampa. I'm not in an evacuation zone nor am I in a flood zone. Concrete block home, about 2' above the road, newer 6 y/o roof.

After hurricane Debbie, I reinforced everything with rebar. This morning I tied my sunflowers to bamboo stakes. Not that they will help in a storm, but maybe they'll grow a little straighter after hurricane Helene blew them sideways.

Tropical Depression FOURTEEN
As of 12:00 UTC Oct 05, 2024:

Maximum Winds: 30 kt Gusts: N/A
Minimum Central Pressure: 1007 mb
Environmental Pressure: N/A
Radius of Circulation: N/A
Radius of Maximum wind: 50 nm

1728143824098.png

Well, this is annoying..... I'm the little red dot, just below Tampa. I'm not in an evacuation zone nor am I in a flood zone. Concrete block home, about 2' above the road, newer 6 y/o roof.

After hurricane Debbie, I reinforced everything with rebar. This morning I tied my sunflowers to bamboo stakes. Not that they will help in a storm, but maybe they'll grow a little straighter after hurricane Helene blew them sideways.

Tropical Depression FOURTEEN
As of 12:00 UTC Oct 05, 2024:

Maximum Winds: 30 kt Gusts: N/A
Minimum Central Pressure: 1007 mb
Environmental Pressure: N/A
Radius of Circulation: N/A
Radius of Maximum wind: 50 nm

View attachment 535601
I'd say "annoying" is an understatement! You and Florida don't need this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missingjustice89
Back