2024 Hurricane and Tropical Weather

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My mom would have done the same, which is part of the reason why they weren't married long lol.
Talked to my son last night, he's stationed in San Diego, and he's going to call them today to see if he can get them to go elsewhere. Plus my uncle (dad's brother who he doesn't speak to) emailed me, worried about them. The rest of the family sees how dangerous this decision is, but we're dealing with a very high degree of stubbornness. At the end of the day, none of us can force them, but we can let them know that we're stressing out due to their decision.
Wow! It says volumes that your uncle cares though they're not speaking.

Maybe letting your dad know that even his brother gives a damn what happens to him will make him realize just how dangerous remaining there is?
Where's your step-brother who they live with in all this?
Did he get out of Dodge already?

The tornado warnings have arrived, weather spotters "water spout"
Collier County,

Live from Ryan Hall which will continue throughtout the day.
He's interesting because he covers all factors of a hurricane and explains the meanings of weather happenings.

“Helene was a wakeup call, and people understand the force of the water and they’ve heeded the warnings,” she said at a news conference on Tuesday.

Hillsborough County, where Tampa is located, “has issued mandatory evacuation orders for Evacuation Zones A & B and for all those in mobile homes,” according to the city of Tampa website.
https://www.cnn.com/weather/live-news/hurricane-milton-florida-10-08-24/index.html

"There's no guarantee what the weather's going to be like starting Wednesday morning," DeSantis said at a briefing Tuesday. "You may have a window where it may be safe, but you may not. So use today as your day to finalize and execute the plan that is going to protect you and your family."

1:00 PM CDT Tue Oct 8
Moving: ENE at 8 mph
Min pressure: 923 mb
Max sustained: 155 mph
[td]
AIR FORCE RESERVE HURRICANE HUNTERS FIND THAT MILTON'S INTENSITY HAS REBOUNDED... ...TODAY IS THE LAST FULL DAY FOR FLORIDA RESIDENTS TO GET THEIR FAMILIES AND HOMES READY AND EVACUATE IF TOLD TO DO SO...

[/td]

This last day attempt to clear all the dangerous debris, where are all these dump truck drivers and workers going to be when the hurricane and surges hit? People are fleeing inland on traffic congested highways since yesterday and before. How do these people get away?

"Milton’s powerful winds could turn any debris left behind into dangerous projectiles or its life-threatening storm surge could wash it out to sea.
Hundreds of empty dump trucks are waiting to be filled with debris, but the process is taking “painful amounts of time,” according to Weir."

I honestly think that it was the incredibly rapid intensification from a Category 1 to a Category 5 in less than 12 hours that hit the news and finally got people’s attention to evacuate.

I don’t think as many would have evacuated if it was slowly intensifying from a Cat 1 yesterday to a Cat 3 today.

I honestly think that it was the incredibly rapid intensification from a Category 1 to a Category 5 in less than 12 hours that hit the news and finally got people’s attention to evacuate.

I don’t think as many would have evacuated if it was slowly intensifying from a Cat 1 yesterday to a Cat 3 today.
Hell, that rapid intensification started making me nervous and I'm not even in FL.

This last day attempt to clear all the dangerous debris, where are all these dump truck drivers and workers going to be when the hurricane and surges hit? People are fleeing inland on traffic congested highways since yesterday and before. How do these people get away?

"Milton’s powerful winds could turn any debris left behind into dangerous projectiles or its life-threatening storm surge could wash it out to sea.
Hundreds of empty dump trucks are waiting to be filled with debris, but the process is taking “painful amounts of time,” according to Weir."

And the trucks can only clear a relatively small number of debris piles in 24 hours. Maybe something like 24 in 2 hours. It’s a start, but there has to be an awful lot of debris still there.

Hell, that rapid intensification started making me nervous and I'm not even in FL.
Same here.
Had a dream (nightmare) last night that while Florida was preparing for catastrophe, we were waiting for the "big one". Woke up suddenly when it happened. Took me a while to catch my breath.
We've had pretty continuous earthquakes here, some I feel, others not depending on distance. None have been over 4.2......so far.

Same here.
Had a dream (nightmare) last night that while Florida was preparing for catastrophe, we were waiting for the "big one". Woke up suddenly when it happened. Took me a while to catch my breath.
We've had pretty continuous earthquakes here, some I feel, others not depending on distance. None have been over 4.2......so far.

@whitelilac , with the way things are going in the world, it almost wouldn't surprise me.

Disagree, many of those required to evacuate had just experienced Helene. They learned their lesson.

Well, my job is offering OT now, we are going to be handling overflow from Florida. Things are going to get crazy for a lot of people not in Florida, managing coverage for people evacuating.

Throughout this recovery effort, the Joint Task Force-North Carolina will remain ready and available to support our western North Carolina citizens.

Preparing for mission success! Soldiers from the 1st Battalion 169th General Support Aviation Battalion conduct preflight checks on a UH-60 Blackhawk in Bat Cave and Hot Springs, NC, as part of Joint Task Force North Carolina.

Photo credit: Staff Sgt. Joe Roudabush

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glitterbag
Back