DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
6:00 PM EDT Wed Oct 9
Moving: NE at 15 mph
Min pressure: 948 mb
Max sustained: 120 mph
[td]
LIFE-THREATENING STORM SURGE, DAMAGING WINDS, AND FLOODING RAINS EXPECTED TONIGHT FOR PARTS OF CENTRAL AND SOUTHWESTERN FLORIDA... ...600 PM EDT POSITION UPDATE...

[/td]

A meterologist just posted that a significant part of the eastern eyewall of Hurricane Milton has an aberrant pattern that can be associated with biologic origin and are most likely birds. The birds are usually in a migratory route and essentially shelter in the eyewall, traveling with the hurricane.

A meterologist just posted that a significant part of the eastern eyewall of Hurricane Milton has an aberrant pattern that can be associated with biologic origin and are most likely birds. The birds are usually in a migratory route and essentially shelter in the eyewall, traveling with the hurricane.

That's very interesting. TY. I was wondering about the bird migrations.

CNN Live updates:

8 min ago

'Over 250,000 customers in Florida already without power as Hurricane Milton moves in'​

From CNN Meteorologist Taylor Ward
Hurricane Milton is still a few hours from making landfall, but over 250,000 customers in Florida have already lost power, according to poweroutage.us.

Power outages are increasing along west coast of Florida, but some of the counties that have the largest percentage of outages are actually in central and eastern areas of the state due to this afternoon’s tornado outbreak within the outer bands of Milton.

With hurricane-force gusts beginning to move onshore, power outages will begin to increase significantly for western Florida this evening.

One utility warned there could be up to 1 million outages in the state.

23 min ago

Up to 1 million power outages expected across Florida, energy company says

From CNN’s Nic F. Anderson

cont:

I woke up from my nap to see it’s wobbled just north of my house.

My friend JK says 70 MPH winds and she is 2 miles east of me.

My neighbors texted that the power is flickering and will likely go out soon.

My Ring cameras went out a couple hours ago. But my plants were hanging in there!! (The internet drowns every time it rains.)

Attachments

• IMG_6232.jpeg
    IMG_6232.jpeg
    97.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6234.jpeg
    IMG_6234.jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 6
An extreme wind warning is in effect for Tampa FL, Saint Petersburg FL, Clearwater FL until 9:30 PM EDT for extremely dangerous hurricane winds. Treat these imminent extreme winds as if a tornado was approaching and move immediately to an interior room or shelter NOW!

1728514508714.png

I heard from my nieces and brother. They’re sheltering in the Tampa area referred to as Temple Terrace!

I noticed it has now wobbled back south, right at the Sarasota airport which is 2 miles north of my house.

Attachments

• IMG_0042.jpeg
    IMG_0042.jpeg
    164.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0043.jpeg
    IMG_0043.jpeg
    102.8 KB · Views: 3
Posted two hours ago

Inside Hurricane Milton, @saildrone reported wave height of 28.12 feet and wind gusts as strong as 75.95 mph while 40 nautical miles from the center of the storm. This research represents a collaborative endeavor to better understand the role of the ocean in hurricanes.

Most dangerous part of Milton now coming onshore

From CNN Meteorologist Mary Gilbert
Milton has started the process of making landfall and its eyewall and most intense winds are coming onshore, according to the latest update from the National Hurricane Center.

Milton’s eyewall has winds screaming at 120 mph with higher gusts.

“The northern eyewall of Hurricane Milton is beginning to move onshore of the Florida gulf coast near Tampa and St. Petersburg where an Extreme Wind Warning is now in effect. Please shelter in place as these extremely dangerous hurricane-force winds overspread the region,” the center warned.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141
Back