2024 Hurricane and Tropical Weather

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Excellent live coverage.
Cameras on different cities, a tornado tracker chimes in etc.
Hall covers all things connected with hurricanes.

Thank you, it is excellent. Over 411k people watching.

feel so strange to actually WATCH all these... almost voyeuristic.

Same here. The coverage linked above is sober and informative, imo.

8:00 PM EDT Wed Oct 9
Moving: ENE at 15 mph
Min pressure: 954 mb
Max sustained: 120 mph
[td]
MILTON CLOSE TO MAKING LANDFALL ALONG THE COAST OF WEST-CENTRAL FLORIDA... ...LIFE-THREATENING STORM SURGE, DAMAGING WINDS, AND FLOODING RAINS OCCURRING ACROSS PORTIONS OF CENTRAL AND SOUTHWESTERN FLORIDA...

[/td]

OMG my twenty year old grandson is in St. Lucia, Fl staged in a building at the fairgrounds. He works with a company that clears out trees and helps get the power on. He sent a video of a huge tornado that traveled across the interstate right in front of his truck. He has been gone since Helene hit. He is from Wilmington, NC. He has worked 18 hrs a day since Helene.

8:30 PM EDT Wed Oct 9
Moving: ENE at 15 mph
Min pressure: 954 mb
Max sustained: 120 mph
[td]
EXTREMELY DANGEROUS CATEGORY 3 HURRICANE MILTON MAKES LANDFALL NEAR SIESTA KEY FLORIDA.... ...LIFE-THREATENING STORM SURGE, EXTREME WINDS, AND FLASH FLOODING OCCURRING OVER THE CENTRAL FLORIDA PENINSULA...

[/td]

That poor guy, Lieutenant Dan, who refused to leave his 20 ft boat, is not going to make it. :confused: There's no way.
He reminds me of Harry Truman, the man who refused to evacuate before the Mount St. Helens volcanic eruption in Washington. I remember the many tv interviews with him, and he became somewhat of a legend.

Florida Man
Finally Agrees to Leave Boat ...
Refused Multiple Times Leading Up to Hurricane
His story will make it in one of those magazines. IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members